Excursion(s) for seniors?

Capecodbeachfront

It has sadly been awhile since we last cruised. IF I select a cruise that includes G Cayman it appears ship is tendered from 8-3.  With tendering delays how much time will we have?  I know we will want to visit 7 Mile Beach, but also know we will not need more than an hour to hour and a half there. Can someone suggest an additional excursion that might fit our rather brief time on Island? Is there a touristy shopping area at or near the port? When we were in Nassau I remember a "straw market" that was disappointing. What can we expect at G Cayman? Thank you.

Tendering is very fast and efficient in Grand Cayman. You will arrive in the center of Georgetown the capitol of the Cayman Islands. You will find the typical tourist shopping all around as well as very high prices. Georgetown has its own charm. It is clean orderly and safe, well worth a look. The public library offers free wifi, just ask the librarian for the password. The post office is close by if you wish to send a letter or card back home. 

The Caymans use the Cayman dollar which is pegged to the US dollar at the rate of 80 cents Cayman = $1 USA. Prices will be posted in Cayman dollars. USA dollars are widely accepted. 

It is only a 5 minute tender ride to shore.  The tenders carry 250+ people each, and there are several lined up at the gangway so it is a continuous movement of passengers. 

Coming back takes a lot longer, as the line gets long, so be prepared if you wait until the last minute.  We find its best to go back to the ship at least an hour early to avoid standing so long.

The turtle farm and hell visit are a good excursion for those not wanting to do any water sports.  I highly recommend the Stingray City tours though, you can't do that anywhere else!  

• 4 weeks later...

A bus to any of the access areas on 7 Mile Beach only takes about 15-20 mins GOING to the beach.  Allow 40-45 mins. to return to the tender port.  You won't want to spend HOURS in the sun, so a few hours should do you just fine!  (The sun will burn you up there!)

Yes..the tender trip, once the tender is loaded, is only about 5 mins.