Another Flight Ease question

Tn gal

Although it is too early for me to book a flight for our 8/19/20 cruise, I am interested in using Flight Ease.  I would like to leave on 8/17 so I have an extra day in Copenhagen to recover from the flight.  Is this possible?  How do I do it?  Thank you.

5 minutes ago, Tn gal said:

Although it is too early for me to book a flight for our 8/19/20 cruise, I am interested in using Flight Ease.  I would like to leave on 8/17 so I have an extra day in Copenhagen to recover from the flight.  Is this possible?  How do I do it?  Thank you.

Flight Ease allows you, either on the web site or with your Travel Agent, to book flights for several days prior to or after your cruise. The only restriction is that the flight must begin at an airport close to your home, and end near the cruise port. You can also arrange for a break in the flight. For my next cruise I have a flight from NZ to SFO. Then I am spending three days there before continuing on to Atlanta. I was also quoted a price from Amsterdam to Paris, staying there, then on to Atlanta - also no problem. If you chose to do the overnight stay somewhere you must use a TA or HAL, I can't find a way to do it on the web site.

To get to the port a day early just put the date you want to arrive in that spot on the form.  It defaults to the day of the cruise when you open it but you can adjust to your own plan easily.  You can also extend your trip at the end of the cruise the same way.  Once you open Flight Ease you will see what I am saying.  What airport do you use as your home airport?

Cruiserbruce and StLouisCruisers, I get a message to call HAL when I go to the Flight Ease page.  My trip is 8/19 and ends 9/7.  It’s my understanding that I can’t use FE until 330 days past 9/7.  If not, I have a computer problem.  My home airport is BNA (Nashville).

1 hour ago, Tn gal said:

My trip is 8/19 and ends 9/7.  It’s my understanding that I can’t use FE until 330 days past 9/7. 

Thats correct, the 330 day is a limitation in the airlines reservation systems. They don't let you make any reservations more that 330 days out. So for any roundtrip, that would be from your return date. And its less than 330 days until 9/7.  

Another Flight Ease question  - If I haven't booked a cruise yet but want to see what flight ease options and pricing are related to a particular itinerary, how would I search for that? On Princess's website, I can "window-shop" Princess's EZ-Air pricing even without a booking by clicking on the Flight Quotes link when pricing cabins. I couldn't find a similar link on HAL's website. 

Related question - Since Princess and HAL are sister companies, do they use the same flight booking engine on the back end?

Thank you in advance for any light you can provide about Flight Ease

16 minutes ago, vicd1969 said:

Another Flight Ease question  - If I haven't booked a cruise yet but want to see what flight ease options and pricing are related to a particular itinerary, how would I search for that? On Princess's website, I can "window-shop" Princess's EZ-Air pricing even without a booking by clicking on the Flight Quotes link when pricing cabins. I couldn't find a similar link on HAL's website. 

HAL doesn’t have a similar link like Princess.  If I want to get an idea, I go to Princess’ site, find a cruise with my embarkation/disembarkation port and check their pricing.  It’s the only solution any of us have found.

16 minutes ago, vicd1969 said:

Related question - Since Princess and HAL are sister companies, do they use the same flight booking engine on the back end?

Thank you in advance for any light you can provide about Flight Ease

I believe they are using the same booking engine.  I don’t for sure but it all makes sense since the pricing, terms and conditions are the same.

Thank you Kazu for your advice. Guess that's another black mark on HAL's website developers. I didn't discover the benefits of researching flight pricing using  EZ Air until after my first Princess cruise. Looks like there are some real savings for convenient international flights to Europe / Asia / Australia compared to using a website such as Kayak. 

On 10/3/2019 at 5:37 AM, richwmn said:

The only restriction is that the flight must begin at an airport close to your home, and end near the cruise port. 

Not necessarily true. In trying to book flight for my Transpacific next April (Yokohama-Vancouver) FlighttEase offered destinations all over Asia, but only Tokyo in Japan. I wanted to go to Osaka, took two tries with different agents before they booked it. Nothing is easy there.....

1 hour ago, vicd1969 said:

Thank you Kazu for your advice. Guess that's another black mark on HAL's website developers. I didn't discover the benefits of researching flight pricing using  EZ Air until after my first Princess cruise. Looks like there are some real savings for convenient international flights to Europe / Asia / Australia compared to using a website such as Kayak. 

Happy to help.

And, yes, there are some real savings on one way flights across any ocean.

1 minute ago, Tennessee Titan said:

Not necessarily true. In trying to book flight for my Transpacific next April (Yokohama-Vancouver) FlighttEase offered destinations all over Asia, but only Tokyo in Japan. I wanted to go to Osaka, took two tries with different agents before they booked it. Nothing is easy there.....

Agree.  As long as you choose any airport that flight ease serves, you can book.  It will automatically pop up with you embarkation and disembarkation port, but you can use the menu to change the airport and schedule a flight.  For example, I disembark in Civi, but I can book a flight from Frankfurt to return home if I wish. 

24 minutes ago, kazu said:

Agree.  As long as you choose any airport that flight ease serves, you can book.  It will automatically pop up with you embarkation and disembarkation port, but you can use the menu to change the airport and schedule a flight.  For example, I disembark in Civi, but I can book a flight from Frankfurt to return home if I wish. 

29 minutes ago, Tennessee Titan said:

Nice that they do that for y'all. On two different occasions, several years apart, they were unable to book flights for me from the end of one cruise to the beginning of another including an upcoming pair. First time was Rome (or anywhere in Spain or Portugal) to Montreal, and now from Amsterdam to Venice. I was told both times that because of their agreement with the airlines they could not act as travel agents. The could only book flights from your home airport to the embarkation port or from disembarkation to home.

edit --

I just went to the Flight Ease web site. I was able to choose several places to fly from, but none in Europe. At the end of the cruise, again I could select places in the US, but none in Europe. Maybe that is the difference.

Edited by richwmn

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

Nice that they do that for y'all. On two different occasions, several years apart, they were unable to book flights for me from the end of one cruise to the beginning of another including an upcoming pair. First time was Rome (or anywhere in Spain or Portugal) to Montreal, and now from Amsterdam to Venice. I was told both times that because of their agreement with the airlines they could not act as travel agents. The could only book flights from your home airport to the embarkation port or from disembarkation to home.

edit --

I just went to the Flight Ease web site. I was able to choose several places to fly from, but none in Europe. At the end of the cruise, again I could select places in the US, but none in Europe. Maybe that is the difference.

I think it depends on where your cruise is geographically, Rich.

If I am disembarking in Europe, I can choose from several key International airports but not from North America.

And the reverse is true for my embarkation port.

I've done several potential bookings on the site and all was good.  If I could score with FF miles, I cancelled it or didn't book, but I've had to use it a few times and it's not been an issue.  We got off in Rotterdam for example and could fly home from Paris (which was where we were going after the cruise).

It's worked for me, at least. 🙂