Any way to "lock" pocket door?

leestar

In just a few weeks I will be cruising with my boyfriend and his sons ages 10 and 8.  The boys tend to open doors without knocking.  We are in an H4 on the Escape.  I believe the master bedroom door is a pocket door.  Any thoughts on how to "lock" this door?  Or any device I can purchase?  Thank you.

I don't see a way to lock that slider, but in our 2BR on the Jade we could lock the door to the mini-room from the hallway.   I wasn't comfortable with that as it seems like a life safety issue for those who might be trapped in that room with no alternate method of escape.

I do agree with Ztras that kiddos will generally learn the first time they walk in on something they shouldn't have.  Also, at 8 &10 they should understand basic human reasoning and explaining that the door will only be closed when they aren't welcome in the room.   They can knock and wait in the event of an emergency.

Enjoy the room, it's a lot of space!

Well, not something that would mount on the door, but maybe a Parental Spinal Implant?  jj

Unless they are special needs kids, shouldn’t they be old enough to knock and wait for an answer before opening a door? I would think Dad/BF could carefully & firmly instruct them, then follow up with appropriate reinforcement (positive or negative as he sees fit).  You might have your own positive and negative reinforcement options for BF based on your level of concern that door will be inappropriately opened.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, leestar said:

In just a few weeks I will be cruising with my boyfriend and his sons ages 10 and 8.  The boys tend to open doors without knocking.  We are in an H4 on the Escape.  I believe the master bedroom door is a pocket door.  Any thoughts on how to "lock" this door?  Or any device I can purchase?  Thank you.

Tell them when the door is closed they are Not allowed to come in unless they have permission. I would make this perfectly clear as soon as you get on. They have their room and you and your boyfriend have yours

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

You might have your own positive and negative reinforcement options for BF based on your level of concern that door will be inappropriately opened.  

Love this 😂😂😂😂😂