MSC Meraviglia Already in North America

GrannyGear

Apparently MSC is unaware that St. John's NFLD and Halifax NS are in North America. The Meraviglia will be in Halifax tomorrow ( Sat ). We plan on seeing her steam into our North American. Apparently MSC believes that North America doesn't begin until she arrives in New York City, according to their arrival ticker.  We expect to cruise out of Miami on her in Feb. Wish we could get on in Halifax, maybe some day. 

1 hour ago, GrannyGear said:

Apparently MSC is unaware that St. John's NFLD and Halifax NS are in North America. The Meraviglia will be in Halifax tomorrow ( Sat ). We plan on seeing her steam into our North American. Apparently MSC believes that North America doesn't begin until she arrives in New York City, according to their arrival ticker.  We expect to cruise out of Miami on her in Feb. Wish we could get on in Halifax, maybe some day. 

I'm reading a proud Canadian! Agree though so relax ✌

NYC signals the United States of America (God Bless 🗽), but St John's will mark the North American continent.

I hope you enjoy her 

9 hours ago, GrannyGear said:

Its a good excuse to go for dinner on the Halifax waterfront tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing her close up.

So excited to see your Post. We too live in Halifax and can't wait to see The Meraviglia tomorrow ! We just booked a 21 day Repositioning out of Miami in April. [ CRAZY DEAL]

• Like 1

11 hours ago, copper6606 said:

So excited to see your Post. We too live in Halifax and can't wait to see The Meraviglia tomorrow ! We just booked a 21 day Repositioning out of Miami in April. [ CRAZY DEAL]

THAT LOOKS LIKE AN AMAZING CRUISE! Just curious, how did you do your flights? Every time I look at the return from Europe, it is really expensive. 

Thanks for the photo. I am also booked for April transatlantic.

Side note to all you Canadians, my ancestors arrived 1750 and 1752 Lunenburg. Spent my summers as a young girl on family farm in Blockhouse (Northwest)

My Dad and other relatives are buried there and Mahone Bay. Did a Regal Princess cruise in 2018 with drive by cemetary on way to Lunenburg.

• Like 1

Just got back from seeing "Our Ship" - She is SO clean and lovely!

Pier 21 was directly in front of her today and she was back to back with a Viking ship- so the view was not the greatest. 

I did speak with a lovely couple who were from Germany and got on in their first Port of Kiel, Germany [ one of our Ports as well]. 

The couple was so happy to be in our home port of Halifax and said they preferred the smaller ships to this one... but said they thought the food was VERY GOOD and that the entertainment was the best they had seen in 32 Cruises!! WOW!! Thats impressive!

She departing at 6:00 pm -so we might just take another run down to the waterfront area to see her leave...

IMG_7439.JPG

IMG_7440.JPG

IMG_7441.JPG

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GrannyGear said:

THAT LOOKS LIKE AN AMAZING CRUISE! Just curious, how did you do your flights? Every time I look at the return from Europe, it is really expensive. 

We actually got a tip from a friend from Scotland, when I told her how astronomical the price of a flight from Copenhagen[ our last port on our 21 day] to Halifax is.

She said to get a small flight from Copenhagen to Dublin [ which I just booked for $79.] Then I booked a West Jet flight direct from Dublin to Halifax for $235!!!! YES Two Hundred Thirty Five Dollars!! I could believe it. We saved over $1000./person!  🙂😎

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, copper6606 said:

We actually got a tip from a friend from Scotland, when I told her how astronomical the price of a flight from Copenhagen[ our last port on our 21 day] to Halifax is.

She said to get a small flight from Copenhagen to Dublin [ which I just booked for $79.] Then I booked a West Jet flight direct from Dublin to Halifax for $235!!!! YES Two Hundred Thirty Five Dollars!! I could believe it. We saved over $1000./person!  🙂😎

That makes a lot of sense. Well done!

The April cruise you booked sounds really great. Lots of interesting ports. Enjoy!

• Like 1

Clearly, the Meraviglia was the biggest structure in Halifax when she was docked.

The reports that the food was very good and that the entertainment was the best that the poster had experienced in many cruises is very encouraging! 

Looking forward to my first MSC cruise!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, copper6606 said:

ok, you started something here. We have been looking at the 21 day, and it looks almost affordable to us. Can you share the pricing you found? I tried to PM you but it says I am allowed 0 messages per day, which seems like not enough. 

4 hours ago, GrannyGear said:

ok, you started something here. We have been looking at the 21 day, and it looks almost affordable to us. Can you share the pricing you found? I tried to PM you but it says I am allowed 0 messages per day, which seems like not enough. 

Thats strange. Would you like to email me? 

jacquigrist@gmail.com

8 hours ago, GrannyGear said:

The PM function doesn't work 🙄

3 hours ago, omarchs said:

Does anyone know what time the ships docks again in North America Monday? Tx

9am I believe. Are you embarking? Would love to hear how the process goes as it's a new embarking port for MSC. 

56 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

The PM function doesn't work 🙄

9am I believe. Are you embarking? Would love to hear how the process goes as it's a new embarking port for MSC. 

Not until the 18th. Was just hoping to check the NY harbor cams if I had a few minutes when it was due to sail in. Thanks for the info.