Retreat elevator on Zuiderdam

CruisinNana

39 minutes ago, CruisinNana said:

Does the forward elevator on the Zuiderdam take you all the way to the Retreat on deck 11 or do you have to get off the elevator at deck 10 and walk up stairs?  

The four fwd elevator cars will take you as high as Deck 10/Observation Deck which will get you behind the Crow's Nest. In order to get from there to the Retreat area on Deck 11/Sports Deck, you have o take the singular stairwell located on the port side. Some ships, in addition, have a single, smaller, and kinda slow elevator that will take you to Deck 11 (can't remember if Zuidy has that one). When that elevator door opens, you'll be outside as opposed to a lobby

Zuiderdam_Deck10.png.image.4540.896.low.png

Zuiderdam_Deck11.png.image.4540.896.low.png

• Like 1

After a stellar experience with our Retreat Cabana on the Eurodam, we had high expectations for our cruise on the Zuiderdam last March. Sadly, it was a bust! Not only were the Cabanas in disrepair (we were tormented by incessant flapping and clanging of the ripped and broken awnings) but the amenities were a mere fraction of what they should have been. We made our displeasure known so hopefully, you will enjoy significant improvements! 

16 minutes ago, cookingmom said:

After a stellar experience with our Retreat Cabana on the Eurodam, we had high expectations for our cruise on the Zuiderdam last March. Sadly, it was a bust! Not only were the Cabanas in disrepair (we were tormented by incessant flapping and clanging of the ripped and broken awnings) but the amenities were a mere fraction of what they should have been. We made our displeasure known so hopefully, you will enjoy significant improvements! 

Oh dear!  I’m so sorry to hear that. What amenities were not provided?  We are in the corner Capri.  Were you near that cabana?  Was Capri in disrepair?  I have been in cabanas on Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam so expectations are high since those cabanas were wonderful. 

• 3 months later...
15 hours ago, 510picker said:

Curious if anyone has recent with the Retreat Cabanas on the Zuiderdam. We’ve always loved these cabanas and I’m hoping the issues mentioned above have been addressed. 

We had a family retreat cabana on the Z in October and it was in perfect shape. No complaints whatsoever!  Enjoy!

• Like 1

On 1/10/2020 at 8:16 PM, 510picker said:

Curious if anyone has recent with the Retreat Cabanas on the Zuiderdam. We’ve always loved these cabanas and I’m hoping the issues mentioned above have been addressed. 

We had one on the 12/10-20 sailing last month.  All was in order and in excellent shape.  Our issue was the wind which had nothing to do with the condition of the Retreats.    Our stewards were always around to take care of our needs.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, leerathje said:

How does one book a cabana?  Thx!

L.

Call the ship services number if interested in booking for the entire week. If you only want to book by the day, you have to wait until you are on the ship. Booking by the day is only available if they aren’t sold out for the week. 

Just now, 510picker said:

Call the ship services number if interested in booking for the entire week. If you only want to book by the day, you have to wait until you are on the ship. Booking by the day is only available if they aren’t sold out for the week. 

Thank you! I have an upcoming cruise on the Oosterdam in February. I scoured our booking, but couldn't find anything...I was going mad!

L.

• Like 1