Discovery Princess Itineraries Announced

idahospud

1 hour ago, caribill said:

After a closer look, the white part does look like a different floor covering, but I still see a two-inch or so step up to the seating.

Think that’s brown edging to the main white floor.

Considering they are opening the bookings for this new ship on October 7th, I really want to see deck plans and cabin prices.  

Today is the October 5th in Australia, and I am super keen to know prices for the South America trip from FFL to LA.  

Looks like I will be stalking the Princess site and CC for the next 2 days for any news.  🙂 

23 hours ago, idahospud said:

I have my eye on that one, too. Prices aren’t public yet, but I have seen it and all I can say is ouch.

49 minutes ago, 23ros said:

FOUND THE FARES 

Here are the Fares for the Princess Discovery Sailing.

PC_2021_2022DiscoveryPrincessSailingSchedFaresAmenities_10_2019.xls 139 kB · 7 downloads

Thanks...for the LA cruises the lowest prices ($900-$950) fall into that ouch category.  That’s 50% more than we’re paying for the Royal in Spring 2020 & for that price we could get a balcony cabin.

We’ll wait to see if prices will be like when the Royal came to LA earlier this year...ouch to great prices by waiting.

Am I reading this correctly? The 2022 cruises will be available for booking on October 7 or shortly thereafter (elites first)?  Or just the 2021 ones? Am new to considering SA as destination because DH has only recently decided that yes, I could pursue it (within budget, of course)!!!  If 2022 not being made available on the first rollout this October does anyone know when SA cruises are historically (normally) released? 

On 10/5/2019 at 4:27 PM, Astro Flyer said:

Thanks...for the LA cruises the lowest prices ($900-$950) fall into that ouch category.  That’s 50% more than we’re paying for the Royal in Spring 2020 & for that price we could get a balcony cabin.

We’ll wait to see if prices will be like when the Royal came to LA earlier this year...ouch to great prices by waiting.

I looked at the 2020 spreadsheet prices on Royal and they are exactly the same as 2022 spreadsheet prices on Disco.  April LA cruises: 7 day MR and 7 day Cali coastal.  So you may be right that the spreadsheet is higher than what will be the going rate.

20 minutes ago, Ferd Berfle said:

I looked at the 2020 spreadsheet prices on Royal and they are exactly the same as 2022 spreadsheet prices on Disco.  April LA cruises: 7 day MR and 7 day Cali coastal.  So you may be right that the spreadsheet is higher than what will be the going rate.

I haven’t checked the current prices however when I booked the Royal’s Spring 2020 MR & Coastal cruises 20 months in advance the cruise fare was much less than on the Discovery’s spreadsheet in 2022.  My booking also included the 3 for Free benefits so the net cost is even lower.  

During tomorrow’s elite booking day I’ll compare the spreadsheet to the website to check the spreadsheet’s accuracy.

16 hours ago, ProfMHC said:

Am I reading this correctly? The 2022 cruises will be available for booking on October 7 or shortly thereafter (elites first)?  Or just the 2021 ones? Am new to considering SA as destination because DH has only recently decided that yes, I could pursue it (within budget, of course)!!!  If 2022 not being made available on the first rollout this October does anyone know when SA cruises are historically (normally) released? 

The email I received for the 10/7 elite booking day was for Europe, Caribbean, South America, Mexico & CA Coastal cruises.  The price spreadsheet by lowest cabin category shows those cruises between the 11/3/21 inaugural up until May 2022.

Whether they’ll all be available to immediately book we’ll soon know the answer.

PC_DiscoveryPrincess_ReferenceFlyer_09_2

PC_2021_2022DiscoveryPrincessSailingSchedFaresAmenities_10_2019.xls

Edited by Astro Flyer

Wasn’t going to book but managed to snag L108 on two cruises - Mexican Riviera and California Coastal in March 2022. Prices are high and no reduced deposits or special offers (at least in the U.K.) so will have to choose carefully when re-pricing at some point in the next two years.

Booked the Ca. Coastal and Mexico cruises for early March 2022. Prices seem the same as what we have booked in the past.

They are lower than what was on the spread sheet posted. Princess website doesn't have prices yet but the travel agents do and so we booked.(Elite)

13 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

The email I received for the 10/7 elite booking day was for Europe, Caribbean, South America, Mexico & CA Coastal cruises.  The price spreadsheet by lowest cabin category shows those cruises between the 11/3/21 inaugural up until May 2022.

Whether they’ll all be available to immediately book we’ll soon know the answer.

PC_DiscoveryPrincess_ReferenceFlyer_09_2

PC_2021_2022DiscoveryPrincessSailingSchedFaresAmenities_10_2019.xls 139 kB · 6 downloads

Booked Jan 2022 today on the 14 day Cape Horn / Strait of Magellan cruise.  so Yes...you can book any of the announced itineraries today (Elite) or tomorrow...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Musky Ike said:

Is this under the elite booking window? Were there extra perks? The "book now" button does not seem to work on the email I got today.

I had trouble with the email link too. I just went to the Princess website and signed in. 

I was able to book after that.

We just booked the 50 day South American Cruise.  

Been on the bucket list for quite some time, so going on a new ship just adds to the excitement.  

As we are flying from Australia may as well circle the whole of SA, as we are only doing it once.  

2 years to plan

YIPPEE