Hub app??

Crusin Karen

go to your play store,   google or apple  whichever and download it . https://www.carnival.com/shipboard/funhub/funhub-landing

You need to do this before you cruise,  and install it.  It is a great way to keep up with whats happening on the ship as well as making your reservations for ATD   

Edited by hockeyluver

It's an "application" designed to run on your cell phone. It's available for either android or apple operating systems. It's a very handy reference when you're onboard. Your can review the days scheduled events, check your sail n sign acct, make dinner reservations, even has a map of the ship. If you've got a cell phone, I'd highly recommend using the app.

I agree with all of the above. Install it way before your cruise date while you are at home. The only function that works at home is the countdown timer. But it's handy to see. There is also a chat function that's pretty handy. It only costs $5.00/person which allows you to send text messages to anyone who's signed on to chat. Great way to keep in touch on the ship while separated. I used the hub app several times/day while we were on our cruise. It's really handy, and made our cruising experience more fun.

1 hour ago, Crusin Karen said:

We are sailing on Sunrise tomorrow!  I keep reading about the "hub app."  We are ATD and see most people sign up thru the hub app.  I admit to being an idiot.  What  is a hub app?  

With Your Time Dining, it allows you to check in for dinner through the app. I don't think this feature is available on all of the ships yet, though, but most. You enter that you're ready for dinner and the number of people and it'll alert you when your table is ready. I think you then have 10 minutes to get to the MDR or they'll assign the table to someone else.

The good thing about the Carnival Hub app is that you don't need to buy one of the internet plans to use it. It's free to install on your phone and use. There is a chat feature that lets you communicate with other people on board, but that costs $5 per device, for the whole cruise. All of its other features are free. Things like S&S account info., food venues and menus, weather, deck plans, and a digital version of the Fun Times that lets you "favorite" events & activities and will alert you 15 minutes before they start.

Even though you don't have to buy an internet plan to use it, you'll still have to connect your phone to the ship's wifi service. Be sure to put your phone in Airplane Mode when you're on the ship so you don't incur any unwanted charges from your cell carrier. Once you put it in Airplane Mode, you might have to turn wifi back on manually.

The HUB App is free and worked like a charm for us on the Sunrise two weeks ago.  If you want to add the CHAT feature, you can do that once on board for $5.  That, too, worked well for us.  

We used the Hub App exclusively for Anytime Dining.  We would request a table and never waited more than ten minutes.  We would get a message that our table was ready and the Table #.  Went to the Sunshine Restaurant, told them our table number and that’s it.  Easy peasy.   

Enjoy your cruise!  

3 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

We are sailing on Sunrise tomorrow!  I keep reading about the "hub app."  We are ATD and see most people sign up thru the hub app.  I admit to being an idiot.  What  is a hub app?  

Carnival's wifi service & Hub app info located @:

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1152/~/carnivals-wi-fi-service-and-hub-app

☺️

1 hour ago, coevan said:

why would you not, it's a wealth of shipboard information for free. Deck plans, restaurant hours, show times, fun times....

From what ObstructedView2 just posted (thank you,  btw) I don't think it's free. 

15 minutes ago, Crusin Karen said:

From what ObstructedView2 just posted (thank you,  btw) I don't think it's free. 

Oh, but the Hub App IS free. It's the chat function that's $5.00, but you certainly don't have to buy it, to get all the neat features of the Hub App itself.....it's free.

You are “requesting” a table on the Hub App, not “reserving” a table.  In other words, you are telling them you are ready to eat.  Once a table is available, you will receive a message telling you the table number.  Head to the ATD Dining Room and you will be seated at that table.  Simple as can be.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, stellarose said:

reserving dinner reservations at either the MDR or specialty dinning was not available on the hub on the pride 

correct as they do not accept reservations in the traditional sense.

Thanks everyone for advice, help and info.  I tried to download it (I have an apple app) but could not figure it out and the aggravation is not worth it.  I admit I am technologically challenged, aka an idiot lol.  I will just do everything the old fashioned way since we leave for the ship in a few hours.  Happy cruising and hub apping to you all!  

3 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

Thanks everyone for advice, help and info.  I tried to download it (I have an apple app) but could not figure it out and the aggravation is not worth it.  I admit I am technologically challenged, aka an idiot lol.  I will just do everything the old fashioned way since we leave for the ship in a few hours.  Happy cruising and hub apping to you all!  

Whatever works best for you. At least you tried. For what it's worth, it won't do much of anything until you get on the ship and connect to the ship's wifi service. Before the cruise, it just acts as a countdown clock. Once you're onboard and connected, then you get all the features. Enjoy your cruise! 🙂

We loved the hub app- especially the activities... we don't have to bring the Fun Times with us anymore, and I always have my phone with me, since it's also my vacation camera.

I loved being able to review the photos through the Pixels section of the app, but that's only available on the ships that have the digital version of Pixels... the older ships don't have it yet (i.e. if your ship still prints out all the photos, it's not digital yet).

12 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

I tried to download it (I have an apple app) but could not figure it out

I wish I could post a video. Go to App Store, click search, type in Carnival, and there it is, click the download icon

I was amazed at finding in the Hub app the last time we sailed that you can now order pizza delivered to you anywhere on the ship, and soda and beer also! We never got to try it, but may on our next trip. Would be nice to have it delivered to Serenity Deck. 

• Like 1