Free specialty dining offer coming 10/10

rocklinmom

2 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

This week got the 3 For Free for our 2021 cruise but couldn't get the free dining.  TA tried with no luck and I called Princess to double check why.    Princess said that the free dining is capacity controlled.

Wow, that's unfortunate.  I guess we got lucky... just booked yesterday for a 2/21 cruise and we were able to snag that.🤞

I was lucky to see this thread at the night of 16th.  I emailed but the vacation planner I worked with was out of office.  I then called and got fare $20 lower for each and got the specialty dining with gratuity like 2 hours ago.  I am planning for other family members so anything saved would be good.  Thank you for the thread starter.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rocklinmom said:

Yay! So glad that many of you were able to get this perk before it ended yesterday. 

Thanks for the reminder this thread was -- I had gotten the e-flyer, prompted 'filed' it in my Alaska folder, and forgotten it! 

The dinner is not that big a deal, but the other posts made me run a dummy booking and our base fare had gone down as some others reported! Made phone calls and e-mailed my Cruise Vacation Planner who was able to get us the deal and the fare (for two cabins.five people woohoo). 

I never expected the fare to vary within the 3-for-free promo, so had stopped checking! This is my SIXTH re-faring since launch last November. So Thanks Again!

• Like 2

Does anybody know if the gift of specialty dining from Princess allows you to make reservations prior to boarding or if it is only good to make reservations once you are onboard. I checked the Princess website and didn’t see any choices to use that credit?

11 minutes ago, BIGADORF said:

Does anybody know if the gift of specialty dining from Princess allows you to make reservations prior to boarding or if it is only good to make reservations once you are onboard. I checked the Princess website and didn’t see any choices to use that credit?

I do not believe you can make reservations pre-sailing for the Princess comped specialty dining.

Our experience has been that Princess has made the arrangements (date, time, venue) and we have had a confirmation in our cabin embarkation day.  We call the DINE line right away to make desired changes ... never an issue confirming our choice.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BIGADORF said:

Any specialty restaurant reservations made in advance must be paid for by you with a credit card at the time of the booking. The gift cannot be used instead of a credit card.

• 3 weeks later...

Excuse my ignorance (and I have read a lot to try and find this answer) but is the free specialty dining ONE dinner only or is it an all cruise thing you can use any/every night if you wanted?  Reading some posts I get the impression it is one meal only and in a venue princess has selected for you?

40 minutes ago, poffles said:

Excuse my ignorance (and I have read a lot to try and find this answer) but is the free specialty dining ONE dinner only or is it an all cruise thing you can use any/every night if you wanted?  Reading some posts I get the impression it is one meal only and in a venue princess has selected for you?

One dinner only that Princess selects for you. Once on board you will find a card in your room displaying the time and place of your dinner. Then you can call the dine reservation line and have the time and place changed if you don't like what they have giving you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, poffles said:

In case you didn’t notice, this was last month.

4 hours ago, poffles said: