Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
GranysT

Editing My Signature

Please can anyone tell me how to find where I can add a new cruise to my signature?  I can't find where I can do that anymore.

17 minutes ago, GranysT said:

Please can anyone tell me how to find where I can add a new cruise to my signature?  I can't find where I can do that anymore.

Following this, I have the same question?

21 minutes ago, GranysT said:

Found it under account settings, edit signature

1 hour ago, GranysT said:

Click your username right next to the notification bell/messages icons. Go to "Account Settings", and then click on "Signature" and you can then add a new cruise to your signature.

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 10:03 AM, AlanF65 said:

... countdown clocks are here if you want a countdown clock

https://www.cruisecritic.com/vbulletin/countdown.cfm

@Host Clarea Thanks for moving this thread to the Need Help Using the Forums? Check Here! forum!

FYI to all:

The above link will NOT work in a Cruise Critic signature. The Cruise Critic Countdown Clock from the old vBulletin software that we all knew and loved is no longer with us. 💔 😭

I remember there being a "birth" announcement when they were born, just cannot remember the actual date. Our beloved countdown clock has passed away and NOT to be resurrected in the future. ⚰️ This is due to the new servers back in May 2019, NOT the new Invision Community software currently in use at this time since October 2018. 

For more information about the situation, please read CC Help Jenn's post #57 and then Laura's post #62 in a thread in this forum titled Countdown Clocks started back in May 2019. Laura's post is on June 17, 2019 so that is the DOD I used below on the tombstone.

🛳️ OUR BELOVED CRUISE CRITIC COUNTDOWN CLOCK 🚢

RIP

200? - June 17, 2019

countdown.gif.fa94305be74524e8ddb412b025ed4754.gif.87ba3fad665392c0e45a95bef17d0a8a.gif

Please feel free to look for a compatible cruise countdown clock on Google. Or note the countdown clock types currently showing in the signatures of your fellow Cruise Critic members. Find one you like there or on Google, create it, and then paste the code into your signature as directed by your chosen countdown clock website.

To everyone reading this thread, please check your signatures for old Cruise Critic Countdown Clock codes and remove them. This will get rid of those pesky little black boxes with the white X in the middle that are right before the dead code such as the following:countdown.pl?image=Beach-8&name=dreadpirAlso, you will then have more useable lines in your signature! 😊 Please pass the word on to your friends and family that are Cruise Critic members if you see they still have dead Cruise Critic Countdown Clock codes in their signatures.

And BTW, just a friendly reminder of the Signatures section in the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships :

Signatures
Cruise Critic has the following suggestions for keeping your online signatures manageable:

• Keep your images to around three (approx) -- which would include a picture, clipart, photo or your countdown.
  • Try not to have any one image that is TOO large, which then takes additional time for your fellow members to download,
  • If you have a LONG LIST of prior cruises, think about chopping off some, OR rearrange them horizontally rather than vertically;
  • From time to time, browse through your signature and eliminate any extra blank lines, or old countdown codes, etc.
 Cruise Critic reserves the right to remove/delete portions of your online signature and will let you know that we've had to resize your online signature.

Kat 🐱

Edited by Host Kat
Typo due to fat fingers & skinny keys!