Slogan and funny tee shirts

fastnloose

On 10/7/2019 at 6:56 PM, dolittle said:

Sorry to be the wet blanket on this one but get some nice golf shirts (with collar) and leave this hilarity at home .Most wont say but I will no one over the age of 24 should be wearing such cloddish get ups any where let alone on a cruise .B.T.W. none of these (or any others) are funny.

‘Cloddish’?? Yes, you definitely win the wet blanket award.  Would never wear anything offensive, but I love my Life is Good T-shirt’s and they will continue to accompany me on my cruises. BTW I regularly get compliments on them onboard, generally several times a day.  So obviously many do not share your opinion, which you are of course entitled to.

• Like 2

I recently had a wrist to shoulder cast put on my right arm and have not been in a laughing out loud mood  lately. Thank you for these last few posts because they have made me laugh quite a bit!!!

And Red Skeleton is a bit before my time. But I would imagine like any comedian I would find some of his stuff funny and some not so much.

Edited by cindivan
  • Like 1

On 10/8/2019 at 12:56 AM, dolittle said:

...Most wont say but I will no one over the age of 24 should be wearing such cloddish get ups any where let alone on a cruise .B.T.W. none of these (or any others) are funny...

Evidence here would suggest that 'Most won't say it'  because most don't think it either...

Just you it seems, but I hear P&O offer a humor-free environment that you may find more comfortable 🙂

Plenty of times on a cruise where this sort of attire is perfectly appropriate and I certainly hope I never reach the stage where I'm getting irritated by the design of a t-shirt ...

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

P&go don't ban personalised or jokey t shirts.

After many complaints from passengers,especially on 2/3 night mini cruised they have banned hen and stag parties from wearing suggestive or inappropriate clothing.

eg,,Hen parties all dressed up as penises,,Stag parties dressed in those ridiculous aprons with lifelike women's torso's.

And yes,some pretty crude t shirts.

Or,like on my recent cruise gangs of men dressed as gorillas or monkeys running smock around the pool or bars,,,,,they were told to behave or leave the ship.

These 2/3 night cruise were getting very popular with misbehaving idiots,it had to be brought under control.

I'm sure Americans wouldn't tolerate such behavior,and I'm sure it's not just P&O that sees this kind of behavior.

On 10/7/2019 at 7:56 PM, dolittle said:

.Sorry to be the wet blanket on this one but get some nice golf shirts (with collar) and leave this hilarity at home .Most wont say but I will no one over the age of 24 should be wearing such cloddish get ups any where let alone on a cruise .B.T.W. none of these (or any others) are funny.

I am a senior but still have a joy for humor and life.  These are funny and if you want to wear these shirt ...it's great. As long as you don't wear to dinner have fun.  Cruises are casual and not Titanic dress code.  To quote my mother.."That's why the make chocolate and vanilla"  Choice is our friend.

• Like 1

Recently off the Equinox and I saw all kinds of tees, some offensive (which is subjective and differs from person to person) but most weren't.  The best one I saw was a picture of a cruise ship with the slogan, "It's NOT a boat!" I loved that because I want to scream every time I hear someone call it boat!

Edited by Terre
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Terre said:

Recently off the Equinox and I saw all kinds of tees, some offensive (which is subjective and differs from person to person) but most weren't.  The best one I saw was a picture of a cruise ship with the slogan, "It's NOT a boat!" I loved that because I want to scream every time I hear someone call it boat!

Yup, boats are what you get on when the ship is sinking!

• Haha 1

On 10/14/2019 at 8:51 PM, dolittle said:

I told you none of them were funny. Were any of you guys Red Skelton fans by any chance. I think so.

Did you suffer a permanent injury to your funny bone? You put the fuddy in fuddy fuddy.

DH is old enough to collect old age security, yet still wears his pirate periodic table t shirt on cruises, and gets lots of positive remarks.

Edited by mom says
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1