Slogan and funny tee shirts

fastnloose

2 hours ago, GeorgesGal said:

This one sure gave me a chuckle!  But...... don't forget, there is always someone on these board who just like to get under everyone's skin - just for the fun of it!!!  Perhaps he is a really fun guy underneath his jabs.  Just saying.

Naw! 😏

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GeorgesGal said:

This one sure gave me a chuckle!  But...... don't forget, there is always someone on these board who just like to get under everyone's skin - just for the fun of it!!!  Perhaps he is a really fun guy underneath his jabs.  Just saying.

Let's give him/her a chance.  Maybe we can all meet at the pool for a drink.

• Haha 1

Interesting thread and where it has now gone. I know, I know, it's CC. 😉

What started out as a fun discussion of fun t-shirts, turned into a discussion of t-shirts that should not be worn. And, t-shirts should not be worn period.

Celebrity changed their offerings and lowerd their status from modern luxury, to a mass cruise line. They have no problem with these shirts, it's excepted.

You might hate it, unfortunately that won't change it

I say this as kindly as I can. If t-shirts truly bother you, a higher end line should be in your future.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mike981 said:

Interesting thread and where it has now gone. I know, I know, it's CC. 😉

What started out as a fun discussion of fun t-shirts, turned into a discussion of t-shirts that should not be worn. And, t-shirts should not be worn period.

Celebrity changed their offerings and lowerd their status from modern luxury, to a mass cruise line. They have no problem with these shirts, it's excepted.

You might hate it, unfortunately that won't change it

I say this as kindly as I can. If t-shirts truly bother you, a higher end line should be in your future.

Brings up another T-shirt I just got which is perfect for these whine bags.

whinebag.jpg

• Like 4

On 10/7/2019 at 5:19 AM, fastnloose said:

Yes they DO have hen parties onboard, but personalised and slogan tees are definately NOT allowed.  We were actually witness to the hen party in the embarkation hall being told to remove their sashes.  As GastroGnome says, another reason not to sail with them.  

Wow what a wet blanket cruise line!  Crossing them off my list!

I wore a t-shirt that said, "I Make Cute Babies." A woman walked by and said "all babies are cute." I started to say, "Not you!" But my wife stopped me.

I enjoy them and find them to be good conversation starters. When I wear my Green Bay Packer swim trunks, I meet many kind souls who are Packer fans or folks who cheer for another team. We drink, we laugh, we kid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Hey ipee,

Why do you think we would go in a pool with you?

Hey TeeRick,

The better question is: Why wouldn't you?  I'm a fun guy and I'm no different than most of the other old folks in the pool.  If you don't think that goes on with most of the other folks in the pool/hot tub you are kidding yourself.  

Ipee

1 hour ago, Mike981 said:

A woman walked by and said "all babies are cute." I started to say, "Not you!" But my wife stopped me.

Dyingggg   😂😂😂.   Had I been there, I would have paid you one dollar to say that to her.

• Haha 1

On 10/7/2019 at 8:05 PM, CHEZMARYLOU said:

There is nothing wrong with having a T-shirt for going back and forth to the pool or hot tub. Otherwise, nice shirts are De rigueur for the rest of the time.

In your opinion, perhaps. Don’t look if it bothers you, we always wear tee shirts when we cruise. My favorite one is “If the earth was flat, cats would have pushed everything off of it by now.”  I’m also rather fond of my, “Thinking I’m just an old lady was your first mistake!”  IMO a sense of fun keeps you young!

Not to the dining room, but on sea days and in port in the Caribbean, of course. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Hey TeeRick,

The better question is: Why wouldn't you?  I'm a fun guy and I'm no different than most of the other old folks in the pool.  If you don't think that goes on with most of the other folks in the pool/hot tub you are kidding yourself.  

Ipee

OK hopefully we can have a few drinks in the pool someday and you can autograph the tee shirt!

1 hour ago, Cyber Kat said:

In your opinion, perhaps. Don’t look if it bothers you, we always wear tee shirts when we cruise. My favorite one is “If the earth was flat, cats would have pushed everything off of it by now.”  I’m also rather fond of my, “Thinking I’m just an old lady was your first mistake!”  IMO a sense of fun keeps you young!

Not to the dining room, but on sea days and in port in the Caribbean, of course. 

I guess I should have expanded on my post. I'm not against T-shirts, just not for dinner in any of the dining rooms.  BTW, we have 3 cats.

• Like 1

Just now, ipeeinthepool said:

Hopefully our paths will cross someday.

My next two Celebrity cruises are Eclipse in January (S.America) and Reflection in July (Ire & Iceland).  Any chance you are on these?  Probably not since you would likely be on the roll call.

38 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I guess I should have expanded on my post. I'm not against T-shirts, just not for dinner in any of the dining rooms.  BTW, we have 3 cats.

I don't think any of us were advocating wearing them in the dining rooms at dinner time; but during the day, either around the ship or in port.

• Like 2

On 10/16/2019 at 5:44 AM, Mark_T said:

Evidence here would suggest that 'Most won't say it'  because most don't think it either...

Just you it seems, but I hear P&O offer a humor-free environment that you may find more comfortable 🙂

Plenty of times on a cruise where this sort of attire is perfectly appropriate and I certainly hope I never reach the stage where I'm getting irritated by the design of a t-shirt ...

Not IRRITATED at all ,just trying to help you all look better.

• Like 1