Slogan and funny tee shirts

fastnloose

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

My next two Celebrity cruises are Eclipse in January (S.America) and Reflection in July (Ire & Iceland).  Any chance you are on these?  Probably not since you would likely be on the roll call.

No, but those look like two really good cruises. I've got B2B Caribbean cruises booked in Feb 2020 and 2021 but nothing else right now. Maybe I'll need to look at your Iceland cruise.

I am not mad or upset by what others wear .The O.P asked for all opinions I gave mine. The thing is we are all judged by what we wear (human nature) it is common in the U.S. for out of shape middle age men( which I am one) to wear muscle shirts ,do rags and other juvenile get ups or no shirt at all (always a classy look) . I am not for banning this type of attire (funny shirts) but belive me we all look better in a golf shirt or nice button down with collar.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, dolittle said:

. . . it is common in the U.S. for out of shape middle age men( which I am one) to wear muscle shirts ,do rags and other juvenile get ups or no shirt at all (always a classy look) . I am not for banning this type of attire (funny shirts) but belive me we all look better in a golf shirt or nice button down with collar.

OMG, I would definitely vote to keep old dudes from wearing those things.  haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, dolittle said:

I am not mad or upset by what others wear .The O.P asked for all opinions I gave mine. The thing is we are all judged by what we wear (human nature) it is common in the U.S. for out of shape middle age men( which I am one) to wear muscle shirts ,do rags and other juvenile get ups or no shirt at all (always a classy look) . I am not for banning this type of attire (funny shirts) but belive me we all look better in a golf shirt or nice button down with collar.

Quite frankly, I don’t care if you or anyone else deems to judge me unless you are interviewing me for a job - which isn’t going to happen because I am enjoying retirement!

I enjoy reading and wearing clever tee shirts - but then I have a sense of humor.  Losing ones sense of fun makes you old, and while I may have lived a lot of years, but I’m not old!

Also one of the great things I’ve learned over the years is not to worry about the approval of others - especially people I don’t even know!

• Like 7

On 10/6/2019 at 2:21 PM, fastnloose said:

Hi,  does anyone know if there is a ban on Celebrity regarding the wearing of slogan or personalised tee-shirts.  I have a few, NEVER offensive but some funny, e.g. "life is short, eat cake", "cruising my way through life"  "child of vikings" and such slogans.   Dont  want to cause offence.  All replies welcome

Have you cruised with P&O by any chance. They actually have a ban on fancy dress and rude t shirts. I’ve never seen an offensive t shirt on Celebrity in the many years we’ve been cruising with them. 

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 4:10 PM, ipeeinthepool said:

No, but those look like two really good cruises. I've got B2B Caribbean cruises booked in Feb 2020 and 2021 but nothing else right now. Maybe I'll need to look at your Iceland cruise.

Well, if you're on the Equinox you might get to see some of my shirts in person.  We are doing a B2B Feb 22nd and 29th next year.

7 minutes ago, TFLG said:

Well, if you're on the Equinox you might get to see some of my shirts in person.  We are doing a B2B Feb 22nd and 29th next year.

It looks like we'll miss each other next year.   I'm on the Silhouette in February 2020 and the Equinox in February 2021.  

On 10/22/2019 at 2:08 PM, ipeeinthepool said:

It looks like we'll miss each other next year.   I'm on the Silhouette in February 2020 and the Equinox in February 2021.  

Fortunately I am on the Equinox in December 2019.  I guess someone else will have to pee in the pool.  😂

Edited by zitsky

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/6/2019 at 3:28 PM, hcat said:

X    sells   Celebrity logo and cruise related shirts...  Some cute sayings may be on beachwear but I  would  not count on cutesy stuff on board. Canyon Ranch on non E class has nice logo workout clothing.

On EDGE the logo  tee shirt  was about $95...snooty clerk said  it was made of bamboo fiber as if that would  excuse the price!

Wow. Only $95.00. That is probably the least expensive item in the shops on Edge. That only affirms why I hardly saw anyone but clerks in the shops.

• Haha 1

Not a fan of message of message t-shirts.Funny, political, patriotic or otherwise.

Certainly not lacking a sense of humor though. But, having a sense of style !

Agree with previous poster, polo shirt is a better look for men, older, out of shape or otherwise. The photo of the fellow in the polo shirt is a photo of “pro” golfer Daly .Perhaps it is not the most realistic image to post about polo wearing men. Most men do not wear their polo shirts rolled up to show off their mid-riffs. If any of them chose to do that, I hope they would be turned away at the MDR..

Oops,wait... have I turned this thread into a cruise ship dress code discussion ?😳

Edited by MJSailors

2 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Not a fan of message of message t-shirts.Funny, political, patriotic or otherwise.

Certainly not lacking a sense of humor though. But, having a sense of style !

Agree with previous poster, polo shirt is a better look for men, older, out of shape or otherwise. The photo of the fellow in the polo shirt is a photo of “pro” golfer Daly .Perhaps it is not the most realistic image to post about polo wearing men. Most men do not wear their polo shirts rolled up to show off their mid-riffs. If any of them chose to do that, I hope they would be turned away at the MDR..

Oops,wait... have I turned this thread into a cruise ship dress code discussion ?😳

Yes you have! 🙄 Hard to believe anyone would care what someone's  t shirt say's. Has nothing do do with style. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/10/2019 at 7:50 PM, davekathy said:

Yes you have! 🙄 Hard to believe anyone would care what someone's  t shirt say's. Has nothing do do with style. 

Has everything to do with style ,people with style don't wear silly t-shirts.