Accessible cabin Oosterdam and Eurodam

meh56

We are looking at the Oosterdam or the Eurodam ships.  We need an accessible cabin with walk in shower but want to make sure we have a seating area and balcony.

Can anyone tell me if the accessible cabins on these ships have walk in or roll in shower and a sitting area in the cabin, like a mini sofa?  We sailed on the Eurodam in a regular balcony and I think it had a tub/shower which will not work for my husband.  

The accessible cabins do have a roll in shower.  Most of the HC cabins are on the slant of the hump, and do not have a sofa, just a couple of chairs and a table.  Only the ones located all the way forward have a couch.  If you want to see pictures, go to www.cruisedeckplans.com and find your ship.  On the left side, scroll down to the cabin category you are interested in and click on Handicap.  It will list the HC cabins and if there is a camera icon next to the cabin, click on it.  You may get pictures, or just the floor plan schematic.  EM

We were on the Oosterdam in June in an accessible signature suite (upgraded from balcony). We had a couch and plenty of room. We've also done accessible on the Eurodam and had a sofa as well in a balcony (6001). You can also google "Hal facts" and a site with photos from people who have been in those cabins. I've put up pictures for 6001 on the Eurodam and 6108 on the Oosterdam, among others. Karen

• 3 months later...

I have also used great fully accessible cabins with roll-in shower only on HAL Zuiderdam. 6108 is the one with an extended balcony.....great for sighting a long way ahead along the line of the ship.

HAL is the only line to give some assurance of wheelchair access on tenders.

Princess and Celebrity Solstice-class ships are great, too. As suggested, look closely at the line's deck plans, most give you the (increased) size of the disabled cabins, as well as the actual layout or description of the bathroom.

John.