Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

On Harmony twice last month  in a Jr. suite and bands on the bed. Black one,white , blue.   Good for cabin but great in casino.leave sea pass secure and pass your band across sloth machine and activated. Waterproof as used in pool all day at coco.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2019 at 5:00 PM, vacationlover_mn said:

On Allure, we had no choice, and muster station was on them (5 years ago?).  On symphony, we could pick from three colors, and no muster station on them (this year).

I got my ships messed up... I meant Harmony, not Allure 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Booked this morning on Quantum of the Seas. Oceanview Balcony.

Got Ticketing Booklet document that indicates that we'll be issued WOWbands along with our Seapass cards.

Looking forward to the convenience. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2019 at 10:12 PM, Merion_Mom said:

I love mine.  It doesn't make me "sweaty".  It is waterproof.  It does everything that your seapass does except ding you on and off the ship.  I love being "hands free".  No digging around for my seapass card.  (I DO NOT WEAR lanyards 😝)

 

They did not accept it at muster on Harmony 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to know, jumping on board in February.

3 hours ago, Manicirony said:

Booked this morning on Quantum of the Seas. Oceanview Balcony.

Got Ticketing Booklet document that indicates that we'll be issued WOWbands along with our Seapass cards.

Looking forward to the convenience. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2019 at 10:29 AM, vacationlover_mn said:

That IS interesting!

Just read a post from someone that was able to reuse their WOW bands this week and if you already have them, they'll tell you to go by the muster stations printed on your Seapass and NOT the WOW bands.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just off Harmony.  They reprogrammed our WOW bands from previous purchase with no questions asked.  They worked great in the casino, just cannot use them when you get off the ship.  We used our sea pass cards for the muster station number.  It is also on your stateroom door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On Oasis now.  They recoded my left over muster A3 band for this sailing even though I am in muster C1 this cruise.

 

Just like lightning and snowflakes, never the same twice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, twangster said:

On Oasis now.  They recoded my left over muster A3 band for this sailing even though I am in muster C1 this cruise.

 

Just like lightning and snowflakes, never the same twice.

So Oasis does offer the WOW bands??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We purchased the wow bands on Anthem. DW used it most because she doesn't have pockets. However, I still carried both cards in my pocket because it was just easier to pull the cards out of my pocket than to remove the wow bands when getting drinks or paying  elsewhere on the ship. I took mine off mid cruise and didn't bother with it. DW used it to open the door and to get a drink if I wasn't around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Carlo16 said:

So Oasis does offer the WOW bands??

Yes, since being AMP'd.

Edited by OACAggie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2019 at 6:50 AM, suesnake2002 said:

 

Bring a permanent marker to distinguish them from your roomate. 

We asked for two different colors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m on the Grandeur. Just walked back from the WJ to my cabin with a dish in one hand and a glass in the other, muttering the whole way about how I missed my WOW band. 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, twangster said:

On Oasis now.  They recoded my left over muster A3 band for this sailing even though I am in muster C1 this cruise.

 

Just like lightning and snowflakes, never the same twice.

Thanks for the update.  I was wondering if Oasis would let you re use them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Yay!  Found our old Symphony ones, so I'm going to bring them on Oasis 🙂 My favorite feature is using it to open the door.

 

Yes..very handy!  You can also set up your phone to open your door which is nice when you forget everything else but have your phone glued to your hand 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

We purchased the wow bands on Anthem. DW used it most because she doesn't have pockets. However, I still carried both cards in my pocket because it was just easier to pull the cards out of my pocket than to remove the wow bands when getting drinks or paying  elsewhere on the ship. I took mine off mid cruise and didn't bother with it. DW used it to open the door and to get a drink if I wasn't around.

 

Just curious - why do you have to remove the wow bands to pay? How does that work? 

 

Also, how much do they cost? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, davisrnr said:

 

Just curious - why do you have to remove the wow bands to pay? How does that work? 

 

Also, how much do they cost? 

Band are $4.99

 

At some bars you need to remove them because the reader does not reach to where you are standing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, davisrnr said:

 

Just curious - why do you have to remove the wow bands to pay? How does that work? 

 

Also, how much do they cost? 

If you are at the pool, in the MDR or in a venue where there is waiter service you have to remove them and give them to the waiter. It was a P.I.T.A.  It was much easier to hand over the cards. The only real function was to open the door to the room which was just as easy as using the card. Women benefit from them because they don't have pockets in every pair of pants.  Every shorts, pants, sweats and bathing suit I own has pockets. Also if you have the same color wow band like my son and his friend had they tend to mix up the orders and then you have to go to guest services to have them removed or switched to the other account. if you do get them get two different colors.  I had the refreshment package and DW had the deluxe package. We  had different color wow bands.

Edited by Iamcruzin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great to see cruise lines finally adopt these.  We have had them at other resorts in the past and they are awesome with kids.  I cant count the number of time we go to the pursers desk for lost cards, not working cards, etc.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2019 at 8:03 AM, Iamcruzin said:

If you are at the pool, in the MDR or in a venue where there is waiter service you have to remove them and give them to the waiter. It was a P.I.T.A.  It was much easier to hand over the cards. The only real function was to open the door to the room which was just as easy as using the card. 

Ok- I disagree.  I wake up way too early in the morning, so I go out and pick up coffee and a snack.  When my hands are full with this stuff, it is WAY easier to use the band to unlock the door!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance w/ Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com June 2020
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...