Equinox Royal Suite Noise Level ?

Schlinger

Booked a cruise on the Equinox and got that "Move Up" email, so I looked at the deck plans and started wondering if I'm reading them right that 2 Royal Suites are located under the pool ("Resort") deck and another 2 under the pool deck bathrooms ?  Furthermore, these cabins are located right by the elevators.  Can you hear the sounds from the elevators ?  Do they ding every time they arrive on the level they stop at, like elevators often do ?  Can the sounds from cabin movements and opening and closing doors be heard from inside the nearby cabins ?  Please forgive me if these are stupid questions ; I've never been on a cruise ship.

There is a hallway with a wall between the suites and the elevators so no elevator noise. Also no noise from opening and closing doors from nearby cabins. The bedroom in the RS is not adjacent to the hall, the walk in closet and bathroom shield you from the hallway.  We've always been on deck 10 but I thing even deck 11 would be fine. The RS on 11 are under tables on deck 12.

We usually book RS on deck 11. No noise from the elevators as the previous post explained. Occasional noises from above (moving furniture) but never an ongoing issue. Only issue we have ever had (in many cruises) was on Equinox last week when one night they had some sort of deck party that continued until midnight. Very loud music, unable to talk on the balcony and very loud in the room. We complained to the concierge the next day. Apparently the PH and most of the other RS had been on the phone to guest relations by 11.30 while the party was in progress. We were assured no more during our cruise but unsure if this is a once per cruise event...

I would add we are all for a wide variety of entertainment choices on a ship, we just feel very loud music after 11pm should be well away from where guest rooms are.

• Like 1

Hey Chezmarylou, thanks for explaining how the bedroom in the RS cabin is shielded away from the noise.  I saw a video of a cabin and it is exactly as you described.  Deck 10 would be fine, but I have to admit that I'm a little worried I might get a Deck 11 and hear people walking or talking or moving tables, chairs or loungers.  Mainly because I have no experience and don't know what to expect, I guess.  Did you get Deck 10 with a direct booking or after bidding on an upgrade ?

Hi chemmo, thanks for chiming in.  I read your thread last night (the whole thing) and the party (the music and the vibrations you described) is, in large part, what triggered my question.  If I understand correctly, that's a rare occurrence and not something I should place my bid decision on in the grand scheme of things ?  In addition, there's always the possibility I might end up on the deck below.

I suppose I'll bid and, in case my bid is accepted, just tell the cabin steward to let me know when they're a party planned so I can go to the party ! 😄

Honestly, we have cruised in numerous deck 11 RS and it was our first bad experience. We have further deck 11 RS cruises booked.

Re a possible party, ask the concierge on boarding if there are likely to be any late night events on your cruise then you can either join in or hang out somewhere else until after midnight! 

Schlinger, we always booked our Royal Suites on deck 10 since we tend to book early.  We upgraded to a penthouse suite for our November cruise so we will be on deck 11. From the deck plans the penthouse appears to be under the wash rooms and other cabins.

The party referred to above is called the Full Moon Party and has been held on all the 5 Equinox cruises we have been on. So that probably is an ongoing concern for those under that area. After complaints, they may decide to cut off the music at 11:30, but I wouldn't count on it. The Today will show when that party is scheduled.

19 hours ago, 39august said:

The party referred to above is called the Full Moon Party and has been held on all the 5 Equinox cruises we have been on. So that probably is an ongoing concern for those under that area. After complaints, they may decide to cut off the music at 11:30, but I wouldn't count on it. The Today will show when that party is scheduled.

We should have looked at the Today and then enjoyed our drinks package at the sunset bar...

Edited by chemmo