Currently on the Harmony

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

How long ago was that?

Several times actually on Freedom, Harmony, Oasis, Independence). The most recent would have been in March 2018 when we even inquired onboard. However, when we called Royal directly about a month ago to add the Deluxe Drink Package to our booking, we inquired about this very thing since my dad is traveling with us and has the Refreshment. We were told that milkshakes at JR were not included. However we know how much reps truly know and things do tend to vary from ship to ship. I will also say, there might be a big difference between running in to just get a milkshake or ordering it with your meal while there.

38 minutes ago, MrsKC08 said:

From our past experience, you cannot get milkshakes at JR with the refreshment package.

I read a 8/27/19 post, that said he walked into JR and got a milkshake to go, with the refreshment package, that's what made me hopeful.

On 10/6/2019 at 11:32 PM, MonikaJ42 said:

We have the ultimate dining package and ate at Chops for lunch and 150 Central Park for dinner. Absolutely no issues ordering 2 entrees in both restaurants.  The waiters actually encouraged it as we wanted to try different dishes.  No extra charge.  Wonderful experience so far with the package.

Thank you for taking the time out of your cruise to share your info with us! 

1/ I thought with specialty dining, you can order multiple appetizers and desserts, but only one entree?

2/  How was the service at Chops?  Were you able to get in/out in 2 hours or less?  

On 10/7/2019 at 3:22 PM, MrsKC08 said:

Formal or not...hubby and I ALWAYS dress to the occasion. It's one of our favorite things to do on a cruise.

You both look great, the colors are very complimentary!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MrsKC08 said:

Several times actually on Freedom, Harmony, Oasis, Independence). The most recent would have been in March 2018 when we even inquired onboard.

At least a couple of times in the last few months folks have confirmed that shakes can be had with the refreshment package without food on Harmony. Others reported that they had to order food on other ships. This change may have happened since your last time on board, with the change of everyone in the cabin having to buy the Deluxe package (year+ ago maybe).

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

At least a couple of times in the last few months folks have confirmed that shakes can be had with the refreshment package without food on Harmony. Others reported that they had to order food on other ships. This change may have happened since your last time on board, with the change of everyone in the cabin having to buy the Deluxe package (year+ ago maybe).

Yes, I am fully aware of that. I also remember the post on the Royal Caribbean blog about the milkshakes being added and they shared the screenshot from the RCCL website description of the drink packages and it was included in the DELUXE drink package.

image.png.5e5fad7549ec8bc6da37ef7595b709a6.png

However, when you look at the website now and the descriptions of the drink packages, it doesn't not indicate the milkshakes at all. As we have seen all over the boards, and from personal experiences, things like this vary from ship to ship and sailing to sailing. I guess we will find out in a few weeks and report back! 😉

17 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Like I said it goes to show what type of crowd RC is attracting. I would rather be judgemental than a slob any day.

I feel sorry for you having to go through life judging others.

Edited by Maverick61
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, MrsKC08 said:

From our past experience, you cannot get milkshakes at JR with the refreshment package.

My grandson got eight JR milkshakes with his refreshment package during our seven-night Symphony cruise without purchasing a meal. He just walked up, got one with his Seapass, and left.

13 hours ago, mistyann said:

I have a question! Would you happen to know or could you maybe find out if you can get a milkshake at Johnny Rockets at no charge with the Refreshment Package (it's the one for Virgin Drinks, specialty coffee & teas, fountain soda and bottled waters).  I have heard you can and heard you can not! Since you are LIVE, wondered if you'd be so kind as to confirm one way or the other! Thanks and have a GREAT cruise!!

Hi, we have the refreshment package as well and yes you can get milkshakes at Johnny Rockets.  You can even get them to go.  We actually had one today, they are delicious!   

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, red-dragon said:

Thank you for taking the time out of your cruise to share your info with us! 

1/ I thought with specialty dining, you can order multiple appetizers and desserts, but only one entree?

2/  How was the service at Chops?  Were you able to get in/out in 2 hours or less?  

You both look great, the colors are very complimentary!

We are now on day 6 and no issues at all with any specialty restaurant.  The UDP has been great.  Just mention that you have the package and the waiters pretty much offer you the kitchen!   We love it!

We have only ate at Chops for lunch on day 1 so far (dinner is booked for day 7).  Service was wonderful and in our experience quick.  

• Thanks 1

On 10/9/2019 at 12:02 PM, MonikaJ42 said:

No issues at all with the package.  One thing that I would like to mention is Izumi (non hibachi side) you can order up to $35 per person and anything over is a charge.  

Just a follow up to this, we ate at the Hibachi side tonight.  We ordered the premium hibachi which costs $49 and with the ultimate dining package, we were charged $4 per person.  So not entirely included but can’t complain too much about being charged $4 for a fabulous dinner 😀

9 hours ago, MonikaJ42 said:

Hi, we have the refreshment package as well and yes you can get milkshakes at Johnny Rockets.  You can even get them to go.  We actually had one today, they are delicious!   

Thank you SOOOO much for this info!! I just keep getting info from everyone that you can't get them, or that it's only if you pay for a meal. You are now the second person I read that says you CAN get them to go with refreshment pkg. Since you're LIVE, I trust your answer and we will be enjoying them in less than 2 weeks when we're on Harmony!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mistyann said:

Since you're LIVE, I trust your answer and we will be enjoying them in less than 2 weeks when we're on Harmony!

Just realize some of these things can change sailing to sailing, even by who's behind the counter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ready 2 Cruise said:

Thank you for sharing! We are on HOTS this Sunday.

Is the ship decorated for Halloween 🎃? And are there any Halloween 👻 activities, costume parade, trick or treat, etc?

thanks!

Hi, yes there are Halloween decorations all along the promenade.  No Halloween parades as of yet but I’m sure that will change when it gets closer to the 31st 😀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Just realize some of these things can change sailing to sailing, even by who's behind the counter.

@Biker19 is so right. This definitely can change from one to the other.

Question for those currently onboard. Can you please find out if you can use the Starbucks app to pay and/or receive your star rewards? Thank you~

12 hours ago, MonikaJ42 said:

We are now on day 6 and no issues at all with any specialty restaurant.  The UDP has been great.  Just mention that you have the package and the waiters pretty much offer you the kitchen!   We love it!

We have only ate at Chops for lunch on day 1 so far (dinner is booked for day 7).  Service was wonderful and in our experience quick.  

I actually don't have the UDP for our upcoming cruise though, I only have one specialty dining night 😥

Enjoy the rest of your week, and thanks again for posting live!

On 10/7/2019 at 8:39 PM, BytheC said:

What's wrong with dressing in your best attire? What happened to looking your best and feeling you best when you are with the one you love. If  your suit or tux is too tight, get it tailored. You will always look better dressed in good fitting, fine clothes. Make an effort. 

I quite agree.

All of these gentlemen appearing without tailcoats and ladies in neither gowns nor gloves are really quite gauche.

One must uphold standards, after all.

7 hours ago, Ready 2 Cruise said:

Thank you for sharing! We are on HOTS this Sunday.

Is the ship decorated for Halloween 🎃? And are there any Halloween 👻 activities, costume parade, trick or treat, etc?

thanks!

There are just a few blowup decorations here and there. Seems like they’re adding a little bit every day. I don’t expect any kind of full-fledged Halloween decorations. 

We are also on next week. 

M