Would we like Milleninum?

gordylad

Having never sailed smaller Celebrity ships we so far cant compare but Ive always had some reservations about the smaller ships mostly down to small things like cabins including shower cutrtains [yuk] and the balconies having that frosted glass stuff on the dividers which giv ethe impression of little privacy. Also we really like the Ensemble on the larger ships but not sure if Millenium has this?

Anyway any thoughts appreciated

Cheers

8 minutes ago, gordylad said:

Having never sailed smaller Celebrity ships we so far cant compare but Ive always had some reservations about the smaller ships mostly down to small things like cabins including shower cutrtains [yuk] and the balconies having that frosted glass stuff on the dividers which giv ethe impression of little privacy. Also we really like the Ensemble on the larger ships but not sure if Millenium has this?

Anyway any thoughts appreciated

Cheers

We had a wonderful Japan and China cruise on Millie in 2015.   Also, we have cruised twice on Constellation and four times on Infinity, ships with the same design.   We like those ships.   They are still well designed ships with fewer passengers.

We've sailed on Millennium many times.  With the Revolution I think the shower curtains might be gone.  There is an Ensemble Lounge and the balconies are private. The only thing I really dislike is the lack of specialty restaurants, especially since they removed the Murano style restaurants.  The T-pool in the Solarium is great but the area with the heated loungers is an interior space with benches, not loungers.

• Like 1

We were just on the Millennium a couple of weeks ago as we did the 15nt Vancouver - Japan Cruise. Loved the new refurbished ship. We had a 2A Category Verandah Cabin. They now have glass shower doors. Would definitely travel on this ship again. We’ve done a lot of the Solstice class and also tried the Infinity last Nov which we liked as well. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Travelexpert35 said:

We were just on the Millennium a couple of weeks ago as we did the 15nt Vancouver - Japan Cruise. Loved the new refurbished ship. We had a 2A Category Verandah Cabin. They now have glass shower doors. Would definitely travel on this ship again. We’ve done a lot of the Solstice class and also tried the Infinity last Nov which we liked as well. 

Any more details you can share about the updated Millie?

We have recently sailed on the Summit which, like the Millennium, has been redone.

The bathroom is small but nicely redone and the shower  has a glass door. 

The majority of the public spaces have been redone and are beautiful.

The Rendezvous Lounge is the venue similar to the Ensemble on S Class.

We much prefer it to the Ensemble. It is larger, has more windows and has a decent sized dance floor.  

The Millennium has the Martini Bar, Cellar Masters,   Cafe al Bacio most everything you will find on a S Class ship.  We love the the M Class ships.

• Like 1

We really enjoyed the new layout of the Oceanview cafe on the Millie. It’s not like the Solstice class at all. It’s more spread out on the Millie and the seating has been changed. They have a ledge along the windows with comfortable stools where you can sit. We also enjoyed the sunset bar which is located outside of the Oceanview cafe. Lots of space there. We found the Cellar Masters Lounge much better than the Solstice class as it was not as dark. More open on the Millie. The Rendezvous Lounge was alive each night before dinner with different bands playing. It was packed because of the Elite happy hour. We ate in the main dining room every night and I must say that the space between the tables are tight. That’s the only drawback there. 

• Like 1

To me, what type of vacation I want is a necessary component for choosing what to book - Sometimes its destinations that rank highest... sometimes its for relaxation...two totally different reasons for choices.

Smaller ships can harbor in ports that larger ones can't. Larger ships, especially the newest and biggest  ships ARE the destination - the ziplines through theater productions are the draw. Personally I like smaller ships, partly because I would rather see a Broadway play on Broadway, or at least in a good touring production. I'm not that enamored with some of the productions in cruise theaters. I would rather visit a city than cruise on one of the largest floating cities of any fleet. I like the social aspects of cruising on a smaller ship where you may actually meet people with common interests. Any well-maintained ship is aesthetically pleasing to me,  My choice for booking is dependent on the experiences I anticipate.

But the simple, straight answer - Millennium class ships have a  charm of their own, and the staff get to know you and really seem more personable to me.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, tjunmin said:

Here are a few photos [link] from the Millennium taken recently. I'll add a few more photos later today. Hope this will help you evaluating if the ship fits your needs.

Where are all the other guests? It looks like you had the entire ship to yourself. 😎

Great photos, tjunmin! 

We were on the Millennium in June for an Alaskan cruise. We had been on the Solstice and the Eclipse, So this was our first Millenium class ship and our first revolutionized ship. We liked the updated colors in the cabin. The buffet layout was great, very much like the Solstice style buffet. There is no Murano but we had some delicious meals in Tuscan Grill and Sushi on 5. We would sail on the Millennium again. For us, the itinerary is what is most important.

D718B409-B24C-4D7A-8375-CD31FA2E152D.jpeg

C574BADA-5655-4E3F-95F6-87DB702CA332.jpeg

1EA38740-F93B-493C-AB67-5087532F53B5.jpeg

C64CA15D-C217-4A01-BF75-AB789C140CAD.jpeg

CE1E9FED-6392-4426-A2E9-DFB6A82D3EB7.jpeg

Edited by scrapcreator
Photos

9 hours ago, RichYak said:

Where are all the other guests? It looks like you had the entire ship to yourself. 😎

It is a ghost ship! 😃

I took the photos over a number of days. Checking in early on embarkation day provided the opportunity to take photos of an empty Oceanview Cafe. Due to change of time zones, waking up early also provided an opportunity to take photos before other guests woke up.

It was my first time on the Millennium after dry dock. I heard so many negative comments about the ship, but I'd have to say that I generally liked it. There were some obvious 'fails', such as the lack of shade at the Sunset Bar and the Retreat Sundeck, which hopefully Celebrity will rectify at some point.

• Like 2

On 10/7/2019 at 6:16 PM, tjunmin said:

Here are a few photos [link] from the Millennium taken recently. I'll add a few more photos later today. Hope this will help you evaluating if the ship fits your needs.

Amazingly good photos thanks for the link 

• Like 1

I second those positive comments about Mille since she revolted. We were aboard the transpacific with Thom-though we weren’t up early enough to see a ghost ship! LOL 

Our only real complaints were that Qsine is now LPC and while sorta interesting once, we wouldn’t see the need to go again-the meal was great but I prefer to eat at my own pace, not that of the slowest eater in the dining room.  We enjoyed one meal at Tuscan Grill thanks to a significant discount offered during the cruise. 

Clay

On 10/7/2019 at 1:16 PM, tjunmin said:

Great photos,..well done!

What is the dining venue  in top left  photo with beautiful window view?

We do not have Millie on  the East Coast U.S., but  we do have Summit from Bayonne (& also  San Juan, I believe),  Infinity from E coast Florida (?)  and coming soon Constellation from Tampa.   Very excited about Connie,

The new decor  and "refresh" of various areas is very appealing.  Although the Persian Garden/ Thermal suites,   are still interior on M Class, they also  look  bright and hopefully function well.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

I second those positive comments about Mille since she revolted. We were aboard the transpacific with Thom-though we weren’t up early enough to see a ghost ship! LOL 

Our only real complaints were that Qsine is now LPC and while sorta interesting once, we wouldn’t see the need to go again-the meal was great but I prefer to eat at my own pace, not that of the slowest eater in the dining room.  We enjoyed one meal at Tuscan Grill thanks to a significant discount offered during the cruise.

Hello Clay! Wish you a great time on the Orion!

9 hours ago, hcat said:

Great photos,..well done!

What is the dining venue  in top left  photo with beautiful window view?

We do not have Millie on  the East Coast U.S., but  we do have Summit from Bayonne (& also  San Juan, I believe),  Infinity from E coast Florida (?)  and coming soon Constellation from Tampa.   Very excited about Connie,

The new decor  and "refresh" of various areas is very appealing.  Although the Persian Garden/ Thermal suites,   are still interior on M Class, they also  look  bright and hopefully function well.

The dining venue in question is Luminae.

Our first Celebrity cruise was on the Constellation. We usually have great service while on board. It is a great ship and it will be missed in the UAE and India.

40 minutes ago, tjunmin said:

The dining venue in question is Luminae.

Our first Celebrity cruise was on the Constellation. We usually have great service while on board. It is a great ship and it will be missed in the UAE and India.

Thanks... hope we get similar seating on Connie. Booked our first suite due to the intro pricing for Tampa

I know it was disappointing when they changed the Connie itins, but  a great addition to Tampa.  We have sailed Connie to Canada & the  Carib and have always enjoyed those trips.