What Broadway play would you want to see on rccl?

We go to NYC every 12-18 months to go to shows so we've seen a lot, but honestly, on a cruise I'd rather have different entertainment than something I need to sit through for 2+ hours.  RCI will never appeal to everyone onboard with any one show (think CATS), so that's hard to name one.

32 minutes ago, BND said:

We go to NYC every 12-18 months to go to shows so we've seen a lot, but honestly, on a cruise I'd rather have different entertainment than something I need to sit through for 2+ hours.  RCI will never appeal to everyone onboard with any one show (think CATS), so that's hard to name one.

I have to agree with you. With so many things going on during a cruise, I'd much rather attend a 45-55 minute show than a 2+ hour show. I feel like that just kills to much time during the evening.

On the flip side, seeing a show that would normally cost $200+  for free is appealing. I would choose to see Kinky Boots (granted, it's not a classic but one of the more enjoyable shows in a long time) or Wicked.

Or bring back Chicago.

7 minutes ago, 3eaglesfam said:

Hamilton.  Les Miserables ( my absolute favorite and I have seen it 6 times and each time its better ). Waitress.  Anything but Cats...

Waitress sounds fun. I have the exact opposite opinion you on LeMis vs CATS.

Absolutely anything but LeMis.

I've seen CATS 30+ times and I keep finding something new and fun

Edited by John&LaLa

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Waitress sounds fun. I have the exact opposite opinion you on LeMis vs CATS.

Absolutely anything but LeMis.

I've seen CATS 30+ times and I keep finding something new and fun

I have seen Cats several times.  I have never seen a good performance of it.  I skipped it on my last Oasis cruise.  Maybe I will like it better on Oasis in April.   

Le Mis - I did not care for the movie version ( Russell crowe was not right for the part of Javier - but Hugh jackman and Anne Hathoway were great).   I loved the version I saw on Broadway, in the small setting at Flat rock playhouse ( My fave - with local actors), at the Thomas Wolfe auditorium and at the peace center in Greenville SC.

I still like you..  See we can all get along!  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MightyMike said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Royal Caribbean is already in negotiations to bring Hamilton to an upcoming Oasis-class drydock. It's new. It's the logical choice if they want to generate headlines.

The new part is probably why it won't make an appearance on Royal, at least not for a few more years. Too much money to be made on Broadway and by touring companies by keeping demand high.

Most of the Broadway shows on Royal are older shows that have run their course. Shows like Cats that people will only see for free. 😉😁  (sorry John, couldn't resist)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1