What Broadway play would you want to see on rccl?

A lot of the shows that are being mentioned miss out on either the family aspect or the lightness aspect as well that clearly RCI is going for.

Wicked would be great, but seeing that it cost $14 Million to produce, this might be too expensive and too expansive to produce at sea.

I LOVE PHANTOM, but the only way it would work, is if they used the Vegas production of the show.

Come From away checks all of the boxes: Amazing Story that appeals to basically everyone, smaller cast (less people to have to pay for,) heavy subject presented in a lighter fashion, and everyone loves the show.

On Your Feet would be a good choice as well, but I agree with others, Jukebox musicals (or as I like to calls them Reviewsicals,) are not my cup of tea.

Something Rotten would be pretty awesome, it appeals to everyone and REALLY appeals to those who love musicals (like me.)

So Basically: Keep Cats of course because it is AMAZING! Add: Phantom (if Vegas production is used.) On your Feet, or Something Rotten.

• Like 2

Wicked. Awesome play.

2nd pick, Come From Away!  Have only heard from others, but everyone who’s seen it has absolutely LOVED it and we all know of the events of 9/11; this play is the “back story”.  It’s a musical/drama/comedy and I believe it would be perfect, not just for Americans, but people from around the world (cruisers!). 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, dreamer976 said:

2nd pick, Come From Away!  Have only heard from others, but everyone who’s seen it has absolutely LOVED it and we all know of the events of 9/11; this play is the “back story”.  It’s a musical/drama/comedy and I believe it would be perfect, not just for Americans, but people from around the world (cruisers!). 

It is not even a back story, but a full front story. One that during the tragic and sad events of 9-11, there was a story of hope, love, and welcome. It is truly a show that I will encourage all to see.

The subject is VERY heavy, but this how keeps it light. They remind you every 10-minutes or so that this is about 9-11, but during, you might be laughing or crying. If this came out any other year (besides the year prior and the year it did,) it would have easily won the Tony for best musical (in my opinion, it should have won anyways, beating Dear Evan Hansen.)

I have seen over 30 professional shows (most of them I have seen multiple times,) CFA was easily put into my top-5 shows I have ever seen.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, dreamer976 said:

Wicked. Awesome play.

We saw both last year on broadway, thought Come from away was by far the better play, I am sure we will see that again. 

• Like 2

Another positive about Come From Away is that it’s already only 90’ish minutes.  

I agree with those who suggested The Producers or Something Rotten - fun musicals. I’m not saying they are my favorites, but I don’t think my favorite would be a good choice for a cruise ship.

To be honest I’m surprised that I even answered this thread. Realistically I’m not going to sit through any full length Broadway play on a ship.    Time is precious on a cruise and I’m not going to spend that much time in the theater when there are so many other fun activities to do 

Dan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

Hair is one of my altimeter favorites but doubt rccl would touch that

surprised no one mentioned Spamalot , or Mel Brooks Producers or Young Frankenstein. 

Ah, forgot about Spamalot.  That would be a nice addition.

Now, if Royal could get Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick for The Producers, that would be a great addition. 

13 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Ah, forgot about Spamalot.  That would be a nice addition.

Now, if Royal could get Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick for The Producers, that would be a great addition. 

Agree but that play stands up on its own, on other hand we loved Waitress but doubt we would have liked it without Sara Bareilles.