Early disembarkation time

smj

If you can handle all of your luggage yourselves, you could be off the ship as early as 7:30 a.m.  Make sure you indicate that you want self-embarkation on the disembarkation information form that you'll receive during the first couple of days of the cruise.  Hope this helps.

We usually self-disembark because we drive to FLL. Ordinarily the line starts moving around 7:30 to 7:45.

11 minutes ago, smj said:

Thanks. I am wondering if a 10:45 flight might be possible. 

If nothing goes wrong and there aren't too many ships in port that day, yes.  Check cruisetimetables.com to see how many ships are in.

Edited by catl331

5 minutes ago, smj said:

Oh-h-h.  I wouldn't cut it that close.  Maybe others would disagree.  Personally, we try not to book any flight before noon.  You never know if the ship may be delayed for some reason or how busy the port may be that morning.  Also, there could be a hold-up at customs.  You never know.  It's too close for me to be comfortable.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, smj said:

If you self disembark and catch a taxi, you should be fine, assuming no major delays at the pier or airport.  The FLL airport can get busy, but if you get there before the cruise buses hit, its normally not too bad.  While I agree that Noon or later is safer, 10:30 am should work, but of course, know your options in case it does not.  Having TSA pre-chek helps.

17 hours ago, Spunky946 said:

I just don’t understand the rush to get an early flight.  I’d be worried the whole cruise about making the flight.  I’d book a flight after 11:30 or 12

Sometimes choices of flights are limited, depending on where home is. As long as I have choices, I won't do a flight before noon on disembarkation day. 

2 hours ago, smj said:

It is either that 10:45 flight or spend the night in Ft. Lauderdale and fly the next day! 

Then try for it, but with the understanding that you may end up spending the night in FL anyway!  😀

Or how about an afternoon flight out of Miami if you don't make it?

Edited by catl331