Mariner or Navigator of the seas

Planning on cruising on either Navigator of the seas, or Mariner of the seas and wondering what are the differences between the two. Other than sailing from Miami and Port Canaveral the Itinerary's are the same just opposite order. We would be travelling with two grandchildren grandson 14 and granddaughter 8yo. Any info appreciated...

10 hours ago, renjrusa said:

Planning on cruising on either Navigator of the seas, or Mariner of the seas and wondering what are the differences between the two. Other than sailing from Miami and Port Canaveral the Itinerary's are the same just opposite order. We would be travelling with two grandchildren grandson 14 and granddaughter 8yo. Any info appreciated...

I have been on both twice in the last three months. I like both of them, but I prefer the Navigator as I feel the Amp'ing was better. Hooked Seafood was excellent. I use the gym each day on a cruise (except embarkation/debarkation) and while the gym is much smaller on the Navigator, it has plenty of cardio equipment available and I did not have to wait for machines during peak times in the morning. Did I mention Hooked Seafood... ugh so good. 

My problem is Mariner is half the driving distance - so I have another booked on her because it is just convenient. (They need to switch MA & NV embarkation ports) 🤣

16 hours ago, renjrusa said:

I have taken my 13 year old on both and she prefers the Mariner - she says it has better kids' stuff - she thinks the slides are better on the Navigator however the other perks on the Mariner outweigh it.  The sky pad was greatly missed when we were on the Navigator. She also feels that the activities on the daily compass were more appealing to kids on the Mariner.  finally she says the climby thingies on the top deck and the hammocks were better on the Mariner

• Thanks 1

Thank you to for all the information. We would be travelling from CT so either port is ok with us.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

I’ve been on both this year. I would recommend Mariner hands down. 

Between the gym changes, more added cabins, cluttering the pool deck with hot more tubs and new cabanas on Navigator, Mariner has a much nicer feel. They did a good job on Navigator, they just took the pool deck and gym situation way too far. 

NAVIGATOR ...... was on both this summer ...... Navigator received a much better amplification and renovation than Mariner did ......... Navigator also has the only roller coaster water slide at sea.  The pool deck area is so much nicer on Navigator too.

You won’t miss the Sky Pad bungee thing that Mariner has, it’s lame, you just jump up and down.

I HIGHLY recommend Navigator between the two.  My 8yo son LOVED Navigator almost as much as he loves Oasis class ships.

Edited by ChrisK2793

On 10/8/2019 at 11:19 PM, ChrisK2793 said:

NAVIGATOR ...... was on both this summer ...... Navigator received a much better amplification and renovation than Mariner did ......... Navigator also has the only roller coaster water slide at sea.  The pool deck area is so much nicer on Navigator too.

You won’t miss the Sky Pad bungee thing that Mariner has, it’s lame, you just jump up and down.

I HIGHLY recommend Navigator between the two.  My 8yo son LOVED Navigator almost as much as he loves Oasis class ships.

Good to know.  We'll be on Navigator soon, and looking forward to the amenities you mentioned.

• Like 1

Although I have only done Mariner... and we love it.

I did the Sky pad and yes I enjoyed doing it even though it was only 10 minutes.. The water slides were great!

We liked the fact that we were in Nassau on Saturday and Coco Cay on Sunday because a lot of stores closed Sunday. (3 day cruise). I have heard however that Navigator has stayed later on Coco Cay so you get more time on your "Perfect Day" -- and yes it was perfect.

Just my 2 cents

We have a 9 and 13 year old and will be on NAV on april 20.    We are coming from MA and doing Disney first.  

We have been on NAV pre-amping when kids were 4 and 8...

considerations for this trip:

-I priced out both ships and did room inventory assessments on both (ie, the panoramic ocean view we wanted wasn’t available on Mariner so we would have needed a different catagory/price)

- we LOVED El loco fresh on Symphony and it will be PERFECT for my 13 yo...

- we priced flights to/from both cities for vacation week..MIA allowed us to look at palm beach and FLL. 

- they LOVE water slides like the coaster one on Nav and we think regular ones on Liberty and Symphony are just okay.

- we used to have a skypad in our mall and they both would enjoy it (since we don’t have it local anymore) 

NAV won out for us!  I would recommend that you do a similar comparison and whichever one works best for travel and room selection and dates should be the one you take Unless one of the amenity differences is really important.

• Thanks 1