Complimentary Luggage Tags?

3 hours ago, Desert Cruizers said:

I have used regular Address label then trip if needed, no need to measure. I printed our first name. Once we didn't get tags for 2nd leg going out 9 days later from Sydney, Australia so printed extras out and attached Name, cabin #, date of cruise and attached to luggage tag. 

I  have a narrow label printer will just print small bits and stick them on the tags

Thanks

Alan

Nobody cares how you fill out the luggage tags... just slap that info on in any order/way you see fit.  

It's mainly for you to look at to make sure it's YOUR bag you're picking up rather than someone else's.

A cell phone number and an email address is enough for "lost" luggage -- Royal isn't going to ship your luggage to the address on the luggage tag anyway -- you have to fill out a claim form and fill in the information on that (ask me how I know!).

11 hours ago, red-dragon said:

That's a great idea, I heard they stick or the ink can transfer in humid weather.

It depends on what type of printer.

A laser printer will be water proof image, but if it is pressed against a smooth surface while warm to hot, it will transfer.

Many ink jet printers use water based ink, so it will run when damp or wet.  One brand (Canon maybe) used to use alcohol based inks (and may still do). These do not run from water or dampness.

If you want to put two on, one on each handle.

I just use the tag holders from Amazon.

• Thanks 1

On 10/11/2019 at 4:02 PM, brillohead said:

All I do is name, email address, and phone number.  

And someone still took my bag instead of theirs, even though their bag had ALL the info filled in AND their bag had TWO separate ID tags on it that mine didn't have.

This is what I put on mine.

I travel a lot by air.  I see people checking bag after bag to see if it is theirs.  they check black bags, red bags, blue bags, green bags, etc.  If they cannot remember what COLOR their bag is, you expect them to notice other luggage tags and actually READ the tag?????

The funniest was the lady checking the tags on all sorts and colors of bags.  Finally, the one she grabbed was PINK (the only pink bag I saw on that flight), with about 6 pieces of red yarn attached to each handle.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SRF said:

I travel a lot by air.  I see people checking bag after bag to see if it is theirs.  they check black bags, red bags, blue bags, green bags, etc.  If they cannot remember what COLOR their bag is, you expect them to notice other luggage tags and actually READ the tag?????

The funniest was the lady checking the tags on all sorts and colors of bags.  Finally, the one she grabbed was PINK (the only pink bag I saw on that flight), with about 6 pieces of red yarn attached to each handle.

Yeah, another annoyance at the luggage belt for sure.  

I dream of jumping up on the top shelf of the belt and announcing to everyone to "Please step back from the belt 10 feet.  This allows everyone to see if their bag is coming down the runway.  Then...and only then..step forward and claim your bag without having to bang it into everyone that is crowding the belt too close".   Eh...too simple...in a perfect world.  😉 

35 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yeah, another annoyance at the luggage belt for sure.  

I dream of jumping up on the top shelf of the belt and announcing to everyone to "Please step back from the belt 10 feet.  This allows everyone to see if their bag is coming down the runway.  Then...and only then..step forward and claim your bag without having to bang it into everyone that is crowding the belt too close".   Eh...too simple...in a perfect world.  😉 

Even 3 feet would work.

There is some airport in the world, that has a yellow band, about 1 meter wide, and they DO enforce not standing in that space.

Amazing how much better the process goes.

9 minutes ago, SRF said:

Even 3 feet would work.

There is some airport in the world, that has a yellow band, about 1 meter wide, and they DO enforce not standing in that space.

Amazing how much better the process goes.

Nice!!  Wish that was in place in all airports!  It is totally nuts in Orlando...with those passengers that are attached to the luggage belt like sucker fish.  When I stand way back and spot (not easy with butts in the way) my bag coming up, I have to practically scream "Excuse me...excuse me!!" to get through to the belt.  😠

6 hours ago, SRF said:

It depends on what type of printer.

A laser printer will be water proof image, but if it is pressed against a smooth surface while warm to hot, it will transfer.

Many ink jet printers use water based ink, so it will run when damp or wet.  One brand (Canon maybe) used to use alcohol based inks (and may still do). These do not run from water or dampness.

If you want to put two on, one on each handle.

I just use the tag holders from Amazon.

Thanks, I don't have a color printer.  I'll purchase the tag holders from Amazon.

Just now, red-dragon said:

Thanks, I don't have a color printer.  I'll purchase the tag holders from Amazon.

I have done both...in color or in black/white.  I get my bags in either case, no worries.  😉  And indeed...those reusable tag holders are great.  I use plastic zip ties to attach, two per bag.  If you put your luggage out the night before, you can also use those plastic tag holders for the disembarkation tags.  

37 minutes ago, island lady said:

I have done both...in color or in black/white.  I get my bags in either case, no worries.  😉  And indeed...those reusable tag holders are great.  I use plastic zip ties to attach, two per bag.  If you put your luggage out the night before, you can also use those plastic tag holders for the disembarkation tags.  

Thanks!  The tags look like they come with stainless steel loops?  Do you find the plastic zip ties are stronger?

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07JVJCM2J/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A15BLDUO6LPUH6&psc=1

Just now, red-dragon said:

Thanks!  The tags look like they come with stainless steel loops?  Do you find the plastic zip ties are stronger?

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07JVJCM2J/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A15BLDUO6LPUH6&psc=1

We find just the opposite, that the steel ties are stronger and last longer.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, red-dragon said:

I had the steel loops fail on me.  So much easier to just keep 5-10 of the very portable, durable, and cheap zip ties in one of my suitcase pockets.  The zip ties have never failed.  Very easy to cut off with a nail clippers I keep in my carry on (avoiding having my small scissors taken away at the airport).   

When flying (versus driving to a port) I keep the plastic tags ready to go with inserts already inside and loose zip ties in a packet.  As soon as I retrieve my luggage from baggage claim..I can quickly put them on within a couple of minutes.  Easy-peasy.  🙂 

Edited by island lady
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

We find just the opposite, that the steel ties are stronger and last longer.

Thank you!

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

I had the steel loops fail on me.  So much easier to just keep 5-10 of the very portable, durable, and cheap zip ties in one of my suitcase pockets.  Very easy to cut off with a nail clippers I keep in my carry on (avoiding having my small scissors taken away at the airport).   

When flying (versus driving to a port) I keep the plastic tags ready to go with inserts already inside and loose zip ties in a packet.  As soon as I retrieve my luggage from baggage claim..I can quickly put them on within a couple of minutes.  Easy-peasy.  🙂 

Oh no!  There are different tags available on Amazon, they all look the same to me ...lol
I thought small scissors (certain size) were permitted in your carry on, but it's best to put in checked luggage, just in case they get confiscated.  Good ideas!  Thanks!

8 minutes ago, red-dragon said:

Thank you!

Oh no!  There are different tags available on Amazon, they all look the same to me ...lol
I thought small scissors (certain size) were permitted in your carry on, but it's best to put in checked luggage, just in case they get confiscated.  Good ideas!  Thanks!

You are most welcome!  🙂  

I have had several favorite wine keys taken from me at security in the airport.  😞  And one pair of small scissors.  

But I think they have relaxed that nit picking lately...or I have just been at the right airports.  😉 

Make sure you get the slim plastic tags...which should be marked for Royal Carib.  There are fatter ones for other various lines.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

You are most welcome!  🙂  

I have had several favorite wine keys taken from me at security in the airport.  😞  And one pair of small scissors.  

But I think they have relaxed that nit picking lately...or I have just been at the right airports.  😉 

Make sure you get the slim plastic tags...which should be marked for Royal Carib.  There are fatter ones for other various lines.  

Thanks again, you've been very helpful!  I noticed your close to Port Canaveral.  That must make it super easy and affordable to cruise!  

11 minutes ago, red-dragon said:

Thanks again, you've been very helpful!  I noticed your close to Port Canaveral.  That must make it super easy and affordable to cruise!  

You are welcome...very happy I could help.  🙂 

Yes, love being able to just drive to the port.  Used to be even better when we lived in Merritt Island just 5 miles away.  Simply called a taxi and left my little SUV in the garage.  Cheaper than paying for parking!  😉  

Now we use ParkNCruise...which is a nice service.  

Though ironically...out of the 26 cruises I have booked...only four embarkations are "drive to" ports.  The rest I have to involve an airplane.  😉 

• Thanks 1

I also encountered a problem with the Metal loops on my husbands luggage, Not sure what happened but believe when driver loaded the luggage the loop got snagged on something in the back of the cab so when he pulled the luggage out, the metal looped was ripped off. We had to have the porter put a new tag on. Prior to that I used the zip Lock ties & have gone back to them. When looking for the Tag Holders, i use the Cruise line name + luggage Tags then Amazon will direct you to the correct ones. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Desert Cruizers said:

I also encountered a problem with the Metal loops on my husbands luggage, Not sure what happened but believe when driver loaded the luggage the loop got snagged on something in the back of the cab so when he pulled the luggage out, the metal looped was ripped off. We had to have the porter put a new tag on. Prior to that I used the Sip Lock ties & have gone back to them. When looking for the Tag Holders, i use the Cruise line name + luggage Tags then Amazon will direct you to the correct ones. 

Oh sorry to hear that!  I saw two different luggage tags that are compatible for RC and Celebrity, both are the same price - $12.99 Canadian, but one is a pack of 4, and the other is a pack of 8 ... strange!

I bought new ones recently & got the package of 8 as i wanted to give new ones to the daughter for our upcoming cruise in 5 months as a Christmas Gift & I needed new ones. Let me add, other then my husbands luggage and the metal loop mine did fine  but still prefer the Zip Ties especially to the plastic loops some will have. 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Desert Cruizers said:

I also encountered a problem with the Metal loops on my husbands luggage, Not sure what happened but believe when driver loaded the luggage the loop got snagged on something in the back of the cab so when he pulled the luggage out, the metal looped was ripped off. We had to have the porter put a new tag on. Prior to that I used the zip Lock ties & have gone back to them. When looking for the Tag Holders, i use the Cruise line name + luggage Tags then Amazon will direct you to the correct ones. 

My trouble with the metal rings is that they kept coming apart where you screw them together.  One was just missing on one trip.  Gave up on them.  

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, red-dragon said:

Oh sorry to hear that!  I saw two different luggage tags that are compatible for RC and Celebrity, both are the same price - $12.99 Canadian, but one is a pack of 4, and the other is a pack of 8 ... strange!

I would go with the eight pack.  Though my zip ties are indestructible...the plastic sleeves are not.  The part that attaches to the zip ties starts to split after a lot heavy usage.  I keep the extras at home to trade out when needed.  

We check two bags, two tags on each.  That gives me a fresh set when needed.  😉 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Desert Cruizers said:

I bought new ones recently & got the package of 8 as i wanted to give new ones to the daughter for our upcoming cruise in 5 months as a Christmas Gift & I needed new ones. Let me add, other then my husbands luggage and the metal loop mine did fine  but still prefer the Zip Ties especially to the plastic loops some will have. 

They were great as "stocking stuffers" to my occasionally cruising sister for Christmas.  🙂 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

You are welcome...very happy I could help.  🙂 

Yes, love being able to just drive to the port.  Used to be even better when we lived in Merritt Island just 5 miles away.  Simply called a taxi and left my little SUV in the garage.  Cheaper than paying for parking!  😉  

Now we use ParkNCruise...which is a nice service.  

Though ironically...out of the 26 cruises I have booked...only four embarkations are "drive to" ports.  The rest I have to involve an airplane.  😉 

OMG!  How convenient when you lived in Merritt Island!  What a cost savings!  That is funny out of all your cruises, you only drove to four!  Was this because there are limited itineraries from Florida?

1 hour ago, Desert Cruizers said:

What a nice gift for your daughter!  Was this similar to your eight pack?   8 pack

Are these the zip ties you're referring to:  Zip ties

I was looking at the tiny little round hole where the metal loops go in, will the zip ties fit?  They seem to have a different type of end to them.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

My trouble with the metal rings is that they kept coming apart where you screw them together.  One was just missing on one trip.  Gave up on them.  

Oh no.  I did read somewhere that someone didn't get the metal rings in her package at all.  I have a ton of the zip ties!

58 minutes ago, island lady said:

I would go with the eight pack.  Though my zip ties are indestructible...the plastic sleeves are not.  The part that attaches to the zip ties starts to split after a lot heavy usage.  I keep the extras at home to trade out when needed.  

We check two bags, two tags on each.  That gives me a fresh set when needed.  😉 

I think the 8 pack is more economical too!  Great idea, thanks again 😁

56 minutes ago, island lady said:

They were great as "stocking stuffers" to my occasionally cruising sister for Christmas.  🙂 

Lucky sister 😊

11 hours ago, SRF said:

I read a story in Readers Digest probably 40 years ago, and, like some if their others, it stuck with me. 

Lady went up to security in an airport parking lot. Couldn’t find her car. Said she walked miles looking for it. 

Security guard asked what make and model. She said it was her husband’s car and she couldn’t remember. What color?

maybe black, or brown. Or dark gray. 

Tag number? No clue. 

He drove her for miles through the huge parking lot. They were about to decide it was stolen when she spied it. 

“I see it! It’s the one over there with a canoe strapped to the roof.”!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, red-dragon said:

OMG!  How convenient when you lived in Merritt Island!  What a cost savings!  That is funny out of all your cruises, you only drove to four!  Was this because there are limited itineraries from Florida?

Yes, we are ramping up our cruises a lot now, with wanting to expand out more to other areas than the limited (and repeated) cruises out of Florida.  We have drive cruises booked to both PC and Tampa.  

Of the other embarkation ports that are booked, coming up in the future:  Barcelona Spain (first time), Seward Alaska (4th one there), San Juan PR (many from there), Sydney and Perth Australia (firsts), and Honolulu (2nd time). 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1