Silhouette Revolution - DELAYED?

sakigemcam

Just looking at the deck plans and it appears Silhouette will now be "Revolutionized" between April and May 2020. We are cruising in March and the original schedule had her in dry dock in February. So we're really disappointed, as we thought we'd booked on a refreshed ship. Now it's likely everything will be ready to go into the recycling bin.

This hasn't fully sunk in yet. Does anyone have information on this? So upset. 

If "Revolutionized" means they remove the footstools from Concierge and Aqua then I am not sure it is much improvement.  The Silhouette has long been our favorite Celebrity ship (especially if Captain Demitrius is running things).  Not sure what will be improved as we always found that vessel near perfect...except for the elevator hassles (an issue on all S-Class ships.

Hank

When I go to the Celebrity site, and look at Silhouette deck plans, on the right above the plans are dates - one set of dates is 3/19 - 4/20, and the drop down option is 5/20 - 3/21. The drop down changes the plan to include things like the Retreat Sundeck instead of the Solstice Deck, just as an example. Please take a look and tell me I'm hallucinating! That wold be welcome news. 

If the date is indeed changed, that means we are dealing with, at the least, soft goods that are about to be replaced, among other things. I've worked in good hotels where pre-renovation the tiredness of furnishings is extreme. 

We were looking forward to a refreshed ship. 

Edited by sakigemcam
typos

27 minutes ago, sakigemcam said:

Just looking at the deck plans and it appears Silhouette will now be "Revolutionized" between April and May 2020. We are cruising in March and the original schedule had her in dry dock in February. So we're really disappointed, as we thought we'd booked on a refreshed ship. Now it's likely everything will be ready to go into the recycling bin.

The dates on those deck plans have been wrong for a long time, the Celebrity website still shows the Revolution to be complete on Feb 14, 2020.  I plan on being there for the first cruise.

• Like 1

Just now, ipeeinthepool said:

The dates on those deck plans have been wrong for a long time, the Celebrity website still shows the Revolution to be complete on Feb 14, 2020.  I plan on being there for the first cruise.

OH. Good heavens, that's such a simple fix. How annoying. Thank you for the reassurance!

So what is the refurb date? And the planned updates?

Silhouette is on our radar for a future cruise when new  listings are published...looking at 2021 so hope it will be accomplished by then

It's not just the Silhouette - we have a cruise scheduled on the Infinity for December of this year, and we chose it because we wanted one last cruise on the "old" way, and I recall clearly it was going to Rev'd just a month or two later, and it's now way at the end of next year.

I'm hoping and praying that they are reconsidering some of their very, very poor choices and need the extra time to regroup and make sensible, good changes during the drydocks.  Throw Hopper's crap overboard and bring back comfortable furniture.

• Haha 1

Someone posted a updated schedule within the past 2 weeks or so- the Silhouette was showing as being completed in Feb 2020.   The sailing schedule still has the Silhouette not sailing from 1/3-2/14 when it starts again.  The last thing I would trust is the days on the deck plans.

recently Eclipse had her revolution moved back from the original start date late of October 2020 to March 2021.  

Edited by jelayne

Thanks for the info...We are good with bookings  for awhile but feel others deserve some certainty. 

Obviously,  unforseen events  can change things, but seems there are other issues going on here...Can't be they are waiting for new footstools and loungers!

2 hours ago, Hlitner said:

The Silhouette has long been our favorite Celebrity ship (especially if Captain Demitrius is running things).  Not sure what will be improved as we always found that vessel near perfect...except for the elevator hassles (an issue on all S-Class ships.

It's our favorite ship, too, but they will mess her up as they are doing on all their ships by taking away the only forward-facing exterior deck -- a unique public space -- and turning it into the Retreat Sundeck, prohibited to all but suite passengers.   Back to the era of the Titanic.  We were just on the "revolutionized" Summit, and this really, really bothered me.  I did enjoy the new color tones, and the updated buffet, but the S-class ships already have a great buffet layout.  Except for a refresh, I wish X would leave them alone.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Many long time cruisers have learned, the hard way, to avoid the cruise immediately after a major dry dock.  There are too many times when the work does not get finished, workers are aboard the ship, and work continues even though there are passengers on the ship.  This has happened to us a couple of times....and we have had some other cruises after drydocks that were completely fine.

Hank

3 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Many long time cruisers have learned, the hard way, to avoid the cruise immediately after a major dry dock.  There are too many times when the work does not get finished, workers are aboard the ship, and work continues even though there are passengers on the ship.  This has happened to us a couple of times....and we have had some other cruises after drydocks that were completely fine.

Hank

I agree 100%, this wasn't my original plan,  My original plan was to sail on the Feb 2, 2020 sailing, the second sailing after the drydock.  Celebrity then decided they needed more time but not the entire time and canceled the Jan 24, 2020 sailing and the Feb 2 sailing but made a new sailing on Jan 31, 2020.  Then they had the dry dock failure in Freeport and needed more time, so they then cancelled the Jan 31 sailing leaving the Feb 14 sailing as the first after the dry dock.  Originally we booked the Feb 14 sailing as the second leg of a B2B, now it's the first.  We were lucky enough to book the Feb 23 sailing. Hopefully most of the work will be finished in Spain and the week sailing across the Atlantic.  They previously did the Equinox in Spain, so I think they have a good idea on the scope of the work.  We've rebooked a lot of airline reservations and hotel's, hopefully we'll have a good time.

Thanks everyone. I think I feel better 😉 I do agree about the Retreat Sundeck being a step backwards instead of  a step forwards. However, I'm looking forward to new soft goods and a refreshed feel. We were on the Edge 3 months after it launched and it had that "new car smell" which we enjoyed, despite all the controversial improvements. So if she's refreshed by our March cruise, we're good!

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Someone posted a updated schedule within the past 2 weeks or so- the Silhouette was showing as being completed in Feb 2020.   The sailing schedule still has the Silhouette not sailing from 1/3-2/14 when it starts again.  

I posted an update a few weeks ago, which showed Silhouette starting her 1st voyage on 14 th Feb 2020. However, the information for Eclipse was incorrect, as a change had just been announced.

This morning, there was an announcement on Instagram that Silhouette would be going into dry dock in January 2020.

E09AC04F-7F56-4368-8672-5793AAF9AFF9.png

366841A8-98E6-4FDB-B1D1-116C226CE8B3.jpeg

Edited by upwarduk
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, sakigemcam said:

Thanks everyone. I think I feel better 😉 I do agree about the Retreat Sundeck being a step backwards instead of  a step forwards. However, I'm looking forward to new soft goods and a refreshed feel. We were on the Edge 3 months after it launched and it had that "new car smell" which we enjoyed, despite all the controversial improvements. So if she's refreshed by our March cruise, we're good!

The nice thing is that they changed their minds about taking part of the Sky Lounge to make a Reflection and Signature Suites, which showed up on the original plans. They are creating 4 new Sunset Suites (a new type of suite between Sky Suites and Celebrity Suites), which I'm guessing are in the aft and some single insides.

I'm looking at booking something on the Silhouette when the 2021-2022 cruises are announced. It's a great ship - we didn't use that upper deck where the Retreat will be so won't be a loss for us (though understand that others would miss it). I'm glad to see her refreshed and hopefully X will learn from the past design mistakes and she will end up being perfect (though will try not to get my hopes up). 🙂

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Are you saying that Silhouette will NOT have the Sky Lounge halved to add suites on the port side of the ship?

So far it is not in the plans - they used to include the Reflection and Signature Suites and they disappeared. 🙂

image.thumb.png.cb98c619276195dcde94a046e18d1034.png

This recent article just mentions the addition of Sunset Suites, but I would think they would take the place of some of the aft sky suites. They are not in the deck plans yet so I suppose they could be where the Meeting Place is, but why would they call them Sunset Suites? They won't be big suites because they fall between the SS and CS on a suite amenity list and don't have any of the upper suite amenities.

https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/discover-magazine/news-events/celebrity-silhouette-revolution/

Celebrity Silhouette® - Revolution Upgrades

Accomodation 

• Staterooms stylishly refreshed with new bedding, drapes, balcony furniture, and more.
  • Celebrity’s eXhale™ bedding featuring luxurious Cashmere℠ mattresses.
  • 4 inside single staterooms designed with the solo traveler in mind.
  • Four new Sunset Suites, featuring a luxurious, all-new design and access to the unparalleled services and amenities of The Retreat®, including the sundeck, lounge, and Luminae.

The Retreat® - Exclusively for Suite Class guests

• All-new suite design and finishes by acclaimed design firm Hirsch Bedner Associates (HBA) 
  • The Retreat Sundeck, an exclusive open-air hideaway for suite guests designed by Kelly Hoppen, featuring a bar, hot tub, luxurious new cabanas, loungers, artwork, and more 
  • The Retreat Lounge (formerly Michael’s Club), an exclusive 24/7 lounge for Suite Class guests designed by Kelly Hoppen and offering complimentary beverages, gourmet bites, live entertainment, and concierge service 

Restaurants, Lounges & Public Spaces

• Craft Social (formerly Cellar Masters), a casual spot featuring more than 40 craft beers (and an expert to guide you through them), wine and cocktails on tap, comfort food favorites, flat-screen TVs, and inviting leather seating.
  • An updated Lawn Club featuring eight refreshed Alcoves, an oversized outdoor movie screen, and a new shaded lounge area complete with banquette seating and hammocks. 
  • An upgraded Sunset Bar perfect for kicking back, sipping cocktails, and soaking up some of the best views aboard. 
  • Sleek new décor in Passport Bar. 
  • Digital Photo Gallery. 

Edited by vtcruising
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, sakigemcam said:

I purposely booked the Reflection BEFORE the revolution thing.  It's great if you book a suite.  If not, you should be happy.

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

So far it is not in the plans - they used to include the Reflection and Signature Suites and they disappeared. 🙂

image.thumb.png.cb98c619276195dcde94a046e18d1034.png

This recent article just mentions the addition of Sunset Suites, but I would think they would take the place of some of the aft sky suites. They are not in the deck plans yet so I suppose they could be where the Meeting Place is, but why would they call them Sunset Suites? They won't be big suites because they fall between the SS and CS on a suite amenity list and don't have any of the upper suite amenities.

https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/discover-magazine/news-events/celebrity-silhouette-revolution/

Celebrity Silhouette® - Revolution Upgrades

Accomodation 

• Staterooms stylishly refreshed with new bedding, drapes, balcony furniture, and more.
  • Celebrity’s eXhale™ bedding featuring luxurious Cashmere℠ mattresses.
  • 4 inside single staterooms designed with the solo traveler in mind.
  • Four new Sunset Suites, featuring a luxurious, all-new design and access to the unparalleled services and amenities of The Retreat®, including the sundeck, lounge, and Luminae.

The Retreat® - Exclusively for Suite Class guests

• All-new suite design and finishes by acclaimed design firm Hirsch Bedner Associates (HBA) 
  • The Retreat Sundeck, an exclusive open-air hideaway for suite guests designed by Kelly Hoppen, featuring a bar, hot tub, luxurious new cabanas, loungers, artwork, and more 
  • The Retreat Lounge (formerly Michael’s Club), an exclusive 24/7 lounge for Suite Class guests designed by Kelly Hoppen and offering complimentary beverages, gourmet bites, live entertainment, and concierge service 

Restaurants, Lounges & Public Spaces

• Craft Social (formerly Cellar Masters), a casual spot featuring more than 40 craft beers (and an expert to guide you through them), wine and cocktails on tap, comfort food favorites, flat-screen TVs, and inviting leather seating.
  • An updated Lawn Club featuring eight refreshed Alcoves, an oversized outdoor movie screen, and a new shaded lounge area complete with banquette seating and hammocks. 
  • An upgraded Sunset Bar perfect for kicking back, sipping cocktails, and soaking up some of the best views aboard. 
  • Sleek new décor in Passport Bar. 
  • Digital Photo Gallery. 

Interesting that doesn't mention the refresh of the buffet.