Non Buffet Breakfast Recommendations: Oasis

bryanem

16 minutes ago, bryanem said:

Does anyone have recommendations on their favorite restaurants to get breakfast on Oasis of the Seas,  other than the Windjammer buffet?  

Johnny Rockets, Main Dining Room, Solarium Cafe, Wipeout Cafe, Park Cafe.

I really like Park Cafe for breakfast and lunch.  WJ is a mob scene during breakfast and lunch hours, and I avoid it whenever possible.  On sea days, DH likes the MDR for breakfast for fresh made pancakes.  Hint:  to avoid long waits in the MDR for breakfast,  ask for a small table.  You'll get in and out much quicker. 

2 minutes ago, 37645 said:

So I’ve never eaten in the MDR for breakfast or lunch as we’ve been wary of the seating. Are you able to get a table for yourself for two or are you forced to sit with strangers? Thanks 

You can get a table for yourself.

1 hour ago, FPP777 said:

Do suite guests have the option of going to one of the specialty restaurants?

In the last few years, it has been common policy to offer full suite guests (GS and better) and Pinnacle level C&A members a made-to-order breakfast option in a speciality restaurant.

2 hours ago, FPP777 said:

Do suite guests have the option of going to one of the specialty restaurants?

Not on Oasis or Quantum ships. They have a dedicated venue called Coastal Kitchen. 

On a few sailings they have used Chops as an overflow,  but that is very rare

26 minutes ago, starvenger said:

I'm not a huge fan of the JR breakfast options - they're pretty unremarkable - but as noted, the food is made quickly. And apart from the purple tubes it's a nice view and a relaxing outdoor meal.

Which onboard breakfast venue is remarkable?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Wasn't playing, just curious which venue you enjoyed more for breakfast.  They all seem about the same to me.

Well, that's sort of the point, right? There's nothing about the JR meal that you couldn't get from other venues (except maybe the burger patty). The real differentiator is the view and al fresco dining. I like eating there for that reason. Otherwise I'm inclined to eat at Wipeout or whichever venue is where Wipeout is/was

5 minutes ago, starvenger said:

Well, that's sort of the point, right? There's nothing about the JR meal that you couldn't get from other venues (except maybe the burger patty). The real differentiator is the view and al fresco dining. I like eating there for that reason. Otherwise I'm inclined to eat at Wipeout or whichever venue is where Wipeout is/was

About the only thing I find different about JR breakfast is the potatoes.