Coco Cay Waterpark, need review

I just purchased the Coco Cay waterpark tickets for our family of 7.  Kids range from 8-15 years and are all tall enough for slides, I am just curious about others' experiences with the waterpark.  Is it super crowded with long lines?  Are the slides fun?  Are there enough pool chairs?  Overall, would you do it again with kids?  I know it's more expensive than our local waterparks, but is it worth the extra cost for the slides and wave pool rather than the free beach?

1 hour ago, renee1222 said:

I just purchased the Coco Cay waterpark tickets for our family of 7.  Kids range from 8-15 years and are all tall enough for slides, I am just curious about others' experiences with the waterpark.  Is it super crowded with long lines?  Are the slides fun?  Are there enough pool chairs?  Overall, would you do it again with kids?  I know it's more expensive than our local waterparks, but is it worth the extra cost for the slides and wave pool rather than the free beach?

My husband and I were there last weekend without kids....lol....we were the kids!!!! We are OVER 50 (he he he) and had a blast..Our ship was the only one there (Mariner) and it wasn't crowded, noisy, busy or anything. Not sure what it will be with a ship as large as Harmony. We were one of the few EARLY BIRDS to get there (as soon as gangway opened 0830 am) and did several slides with no lines at all. I never laughed so hard. 🤣 The hardest part for me...hubby did better, was climbing allllllllll the way to the top of the tallest waterside ever. I had to stop several times to breathe and stop my old legs from cramping. The ride was worth every step. I was crazy enough to climb it twice!!!!😮

I am not great with names but after doing the tallest one twice, we opted to do the middle height one. Equally as fun. We did 2 of the tube rides with the slingshot one being the most fun. It was one wild ride!!!! The wave pool was a nice way to relax a bit before sitting under the umbrellas to once again breathe.😎

We are going again in the spring and taking 26 family members along, 11  children in the group. They can't wait to get there. There are plenty of umbrellas present with a small table in the middle of 2 loungers/chairs. Lots of seating available. 

There are several attractions there, but not as many as a water park in hometown. For me there were more slides but not much of anything else inside the water park with the exception of the wave pool, tube rides and something that reminded me of an obstacle course but over a pool. We saw that children liked that one. I can't tell you if it's worth it to you but I am going back with my grandchildren and we got a Cabana that included 6 water park tickets. Some of our group are buying individual water park tickets and others are going to Chill Beach for sun and surf.

HOPE THIS HELPS 😁 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, renee1222 said:

Thank you so much!  Makes me feel a little better about that large purchase!  I basically told my husband that I couldn't imagine taking the kids on a cruise there and then saying, "sorry, no waterslides..." :classic_laugh:

You are very welcome!!! We decided to try it first before our family cruise so we could first hand tell everyone what it was like. I didnt think I would have so much fun at my age (64) 😍 My grown children keep laughing me saying Mom you light up every time you talk about it, we can tell you guys had fun.....YES WE DID

• Like 1

We were there with our 8 & 13 year old boys a few weeks ago. We got off the ship as early as we could and our boys had been on every water slide in the first hour and a half.  We had to drag them back to the ship at 3:30 (our day was extended to 4:30).  They loved it!  Between 11:30 and 2:00 there were lines, but the only long line was for the tall slide. They preferred the middle tier slides. As an adult the line slowed down climbing the stairs over and over! 😀  From 12:30-1:30 we took a break and went out to the beach. After 2:00, the place emptied out. The adults were tired, but the kids wanted to keep going!

i definitely thought it was worth what we paid. We were on the Harmony and the only ship there. 

• Like 1

We were there at the end of August, absolutely loved the water park. The wave pool is such fun waiting for the horn to sound and the large waves to start!

Wouldn't hesitate to book the water park again and Coco Cay as a whole is just WOW.

You will have a blast, enjoy!

• Like 1

On 10/8/2019 at 8:51 PM, renee1222 said:

Just a thought:

If the price of the Waterpark cabana is set at $299 for your sailing, you may want to consider cancelling your 7 passes for a refund. Then book a cabana which includes 6 passes, plus one extra pass for the oldest child. All seven of you will be able to use the cabana as a base to come & go. Plus you could still enjoy any loungers & umbrellas nearby too.

if the price of the cabana on your sailing is higher than $299 right now, wait for the Black Friday sales to see if it drops to $299 then. Also check your Planner often, as this price can come & go unexpectedly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, snowglobe said:

You can, but not in the waterpark - the entrance is controlled with the use of wristbands.

So is there a name of the NON-waterpark pool that has no charge? We are going to meet friends there, and I don't know how to identify it. 

Thank you. 

I would also recommend getting the Cabana at Thrill Park. Since it comes with 6ea passes to Thrill Park it is a great deal. For our sailing the Thrill Park passes are $88.99 per each, so if you bought 6 of those passes your at $534.00. We bought the Cabana at $499 for our upcoming sailing in Feb 2020 for just the 4 of us. So, for us an extra $143.00 get us a Cabana also.

Edited by WarGuyEd

1 hour ago, artvlay said:

So is there a name of the NON-waterpark pool that has no charge? We are going to meet friends there, and I don't know how to identify it. 

Thank you. 

The NON-waterpark pool is called Oasis Lagoon

Loralie

I purchased the full day water park pass for my November cruise for $61.99.  i’m also going in May 2020 with 7 other family members so for that cruise we got the water park cabana which comes with 6 passes. 2 of the people in our group have mobility issues and would not go to the water park anyway so it worked out.  When I purchased the water park cabana we got it for $499.00.  It’s now going for $999.00 so I’m happy we got it for the lower price.  I’ll keep checking the cruise planner, especially around Black Friday.  Hopefully the price will go down more.  Can’t wait to go in a few weeks😀

Loralie

1 hour ago, artvlay said:

Thank you. 

The Oasis pool is free, but it’s outside the Thrill Waterpark area.

The Thrill Waterpark can only be entered with a paid-for wristband, either purchased as a day pass or included in the purchase of a waterpark-specific cabana.

16 hours ago, snowglobe said:

You can, but not in the waterpark - the entrance is controlled with the use of wristbands.

We were there a week ago and didnt have bands..they did however make us scan our seapass card to enter the waterpark and to exit. Whenever we wanted to go do something else you checked out and then had to check back in to renter just like on the ship