The Baileys conumdrum...

Mark_T

We have the Classic drinks package on our cruise in December, which does not include Baileys Irish Cream, that part is clear.

What is not clear is if there is a 'house' equivalent that is included or not?

... and if there is has anyone tasted it? ...and will my wife forgive me for not upgrading to Premium... (OK, that part you can't answer:) )

Does anyone know the actual bar price for Baileys? I imagine it is only a small up-charge on top of the Classic package but I can't seem to find that price anywhere...

All help or advice gratefully received.

Worth the  slight upcharge!

There are some othe cream liquors and coffee flavored  that we have tried...but mostly good for coffee like Kalhua.. I also like Tia Maria.

My fav is Sabra..an orange flavored Israeli liquer.... have to special order it here and never see it  on ships.  There are also alternatives but Sabra is best. Also like Amaretto

Edited by hcat

Thanks everyone, that is a great help.

@hcat : I'm partial to Sabra on occasions as well, but I've only had it while in Israel.

From the looks of those prices the classic package is going to be just fine.

Is there actually a full bar price list hidden on their website somewhere?

Can't see it from the UK where I am now, but can check again once I'm back in the US.

34 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

Is there actually a full bar price list hidden on their website somewhere?

There are bar lists from various bars from various ships. The stock changes (and prices) so shouldn't be used as permanent lists, but at least can give you an idea of what might be available.  This one from the Club on the Edge has prices of the available spirits at that time (the gratuities increased to 20% soon after this list was made):

The Club Cocktails.pdf

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

X claims that they haven’t  raised the price on the drink pack in 7 years.

Baileys use to be in the Classic.  Don’t raise the price just eliminate what is in it.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hcat said:

Worth the  slight upcharge!

There are some othe cream liquors and coffee flavored  that we have tried...but mostly good for coffee like Kalhua.. I also like Tia Maria.

My fav is Sabra..an orange flavored Israeli liquer.... have to special order it here and never see it  on ships.  There are also alternatives but Sabra is best. Also like Amaretto

Haven't tried Sabra but love Cointreau...it's also orange flavoured and really good.  Have you tried it?  It's on the premium package but thought it was $11 on our January cruise.  

3 hours ago, hcat said:

My fav is Sabra..an orange flavored Israeli liquer.... have to special order it here and never see it  on ships.  

I believe Sabra is chocolate/orange, no? Haven't seen it for about 40 years. When I mentioned to my local dining companion when in Tel Aviv a few years back, they scoffed at it as being "not really for Israeli's". 😅

7 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Haven't tried Sabra but love Cointreau...it's also orange flavoured and really good.  Have you tried it?  It's on the premium package but thought it was $11 on our January cruise.  

Will give it a try.. we may have that on our bar at home...I only have one  after dinner in the theater or elsewhere but sure I won't go thirsty.   Also love Chambourd over ice cream...a bit decadent!

4 minutes ago, wpgcycler said:

I believe Sabra is chocolate/orange, no? Haven't seen it for about 40 years. When I mentioned to my local dining companion when in Tel Aviv a few years back, they scoffed at it as being "not really for Israeli's". 😅

Whatever it is or who it is for I like the taste, Working on the last btl we have...it was a special order,..no idea if still available ...never been to Israel but maybe some day

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

There are bar lists from various bars from various ships. The stock changes (and prices) so shouldn't be used as permanent lists, but at least can give you an idea of what might be available.  This one from the Club on the Edge has prices of the available spirits at that time (the gratuities increased to 20% soon after this list was made):

The Club Cocktails.pdf 44.19 kB · 14 downloads

Interesting they have Buffalo Trace, not a terrible one esp for Manhattan's.  Wish I could find Blantons on board.  O well.  

4 minutes ago, hcat said:

Whatever it is or who it is for I like the taste, Working on the last btl we have...it was a special order,..no idea if still available ...never been to Israel but maybe some day

One of the most memorable weeks of my life - I'd HIGHLY recommend it. SO much to see and experience in such a relatively small geographical space. It's almost surreal how the experiences in a single day can be so dramatically diverse. One minute you're immersed in the history of ancient and radically diverse cultures and in the next you're enjoying the hip, modern, eclectic and secular nightlife along the Tel Aviv boardwalk. Truly remarkable. Great food, wonderful people, fascinating sights - just can't say enough about it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mark_T said:

The one I sampled certainly was, but apparently there is a coffee version available these days as well.

Yes.,choc orange  and 2 others I believe ...

So happy, found it online..hopefully in stock.

Was on the Solstice a few weeks ago. Had the classic package. Had read that Baileys was not included but I did order mudslides ,which I saw them add Baileys and I was not charged extra. Also someone ordered something called a Bushwacker, which one bartender said it would cost extra for Baileys. They said they had never been charged before and said they cruise a lot. 😉  So the other bartender made it for them at no extra charge. I never tried ordering Baileys with coffee so not sure on that.

I always look forward to enjoying Frozen Toasted Almonds, which is made with Baileys as an ingredient, when on board. It concerned me when I saw Baileys removed from the Classic package (which we usually have) that there'd be an upcharge. Happily in the cruises we've taken since the change was made I'm still able to enjoy them without an upcharge and they taste the same as always. 

14 minutes ago, Beth_55 said:

Was on the Solstice a few weeks ago. Had the classic package. Had read that Baileys was not included but I did order mudslides ,which I saw them add Baileys and I was not charged extra. Also someone ordered something called a Bushwacker, which one bartender said it would cost extra for Baileys. They said they had never been charged before and said they cruise a lot. 😉  So the other bartender made it for them at no extra charge. I never tried ordering Baileys with coffee so not sure on that.

This is from Cafe al Bacio. The Aspen that has Bailey's is $10, but maybe if they left out the Kahlua, they would do it for $9? Plus you get whipped cream!

image.thumb.png.14dd1267d3e59b5c561c2a080f01d353.png

Thanks for posting the list , tjey all look great!

Aspen Coffee is the best..at any price!

We bought  a set of glass coffee mugs and serve it regularly to guests...they usually love it.

Ordered my Sabra!   Noticed there's  a liquor store near Daytona that say it carries it  if anyone is in the neighorhood.

Edited by hcat
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, hcat said:

Thanks for posting the list , tjey all look great!

Aspen Coffee is the best..at any price!

We bought  a set of glass coffee mugs and serve it regularly to guests...they usually love it.

Ordered my Sabra!   Noticed there's  a liquor store near Daytona that say it carries it  if anyone is in the neighorhood.

Is Aspen Coffee similar to Princess's Milky Way Martini?  

10 hours ago, Mark_T said:

What is not clear is if there is a 'house' equivalent that is included or not?

... and if there is has anyone tasted it? ...and will my wife forgive me for not upgrading to Premium... (OK, that part you can't answer:) )

Mark_T:  There is NO equivalent made in this whole world that tastes like Bailey's!  I have tried them all and found that the substitutes are lacking that special flavor.  Even when I have mixed drinks, I can taste the difference between Bailey's and NOT-Bailey's.  If you are concerned about only one brand not being in your classic package, there should not be a problem with the cost difference, but if there are scotch, wine, bourbon, brands that you want from the upgraded package, then it might be in both of your interests to upgrade.  Usually you can upgrade once you get on-board, that will give you a chance to look at the menus at several bars and determine if the upcharges vs. Premium Package cost are better for you.  Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, hulamoon said:

By the replies it seems the policy changed and now you can now pay the difference to order a from premium menu. Is this correct? Or is something else causing these drinks to cost a dollar.

Yes, according to Celebrity, as long as you are on the Classic or Premium package then you just pay the difference (+ gratuity).