hotel in Abu Dhabi near airport

tropical dreams

15 minutes ago, tropical dreams said:

We have a 2am flight out of Abu Dhabi and want to get a clean inexpensive room to rest and shower before the flight that has airport shuttle if possible. Please let me know if you have any recommendations. Thanks

There is one hotel at the airport that is linked to the terminals by a walkway you could have a look at - the Premier Inn, Abu Dhabi International Airport.  Other than that the closest would be those on Yas Island of which there are several all in the same Plaza... the Centro, Yas Island, Park Inn by Radisson, Radisson Blue Yas Island and Yas Island Rotana...

Anne...

Thanks for this information and replying to my other post about spending the day in Abu Dhabi. I think we will stay at the hotel at the airport if we can get a driver and guide in Abu Dhabi for the day. We did that in Istanbul and it worked out well. Is this something that we could arrange? Would you have any suggestions? It would just be so much easier than a hop on hop off bus.

Thanks

Karen

16 hours ago, tropical dreams said:

Thanks for this information and replying to my other post about spending the day in Abu Dhabi. I think we will stay at the hotel at the airport if we can get a driver and guide in Abu Dhabi for the day. We did that in Istanbul and it worked out well. Is this something that we could arrange? Would you have any suggestions? It would just be so much easier than a hop on hop off bus.

Thanks

Karen

i’m sure you could arrange that however, I don’t have any personal recommendations - whenever I’m in Abu Dhabi it’s usually for something specific.   If nobody has any suggestions from their visits then I’d engage Google or Tripadvisor for suggestions...

Anne...

The mentioned airport hotels are good.

They are not flash, but new-ish and clean. Easy 5 min walk to the terminal.

I don't think you will have much luck with finding a (English speaking) driver/guide when you are there. Taxi drivers tend to be from Africa or India/Pakistan.  Whilst they can understand basic questions and navigate by GPS, they won't be of any use as a guide.