Disembarkation in the Port of Nice

alanbab

Has anyone disembarked Azamara in the Port of Nice? It appears that there are a couple of places in the port where the ship may dock. I am wondering would it be better to pre-book a taxi to the airport or will there be taxis waiting at the port. Any help would be very gratefully received. Many thanks.

We have used Sun Transfers from Nice several times.  Excellent Service.

If you are docked at Quai Amiral Infernet then there is very little space for taxis and there was a bit of a 'bun fight' there last time.  Our Sun Transfer taxi was prompt whilst others who had not booked were having some difficulties.

11 hours ago, alanbab said:

Has anyone disembarked Azamara in the Port of Nice? It appears that there are a couple of places in the port where the ship may dock. I am wondering would it be better to pre-book a taxi to the airport or will there be taxis waiting at the port. Any help would be very gratefully received. Many thanks.

If you are disembarking in Nice then you’ll be at Quai du Commerce. It’s the only place that is enabled for luggage handling. I’ve embarked and disembarked from Nice a few times.  If it’s purely a stop then you’ll likely be over the other side at Infernet. 

Phil

11 hours ago, alanbab said:

If it were me and as it’s not far to the airport, I’d use Uber. It works fine in Nice from my experience. 

Phil

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

If you are disembarking in Nice then you’ll be at Quai du Commerce. It’s the only place that is enabled for luggage handling. I’ve embarked and disembarked from Nice a few times.  If it’s purely a stop then you’ll likely be over the other side at Infernet. 

Phil

Phil I would normally defer to you on all things Azamara, but we have both embarked and disembarked with Azamara at Quai Amiral Infernet.   

Edited by Mrs Miggins

Just now, Mrs Miggins said:

Phil I would normally defer to you on all things Azamara, but we have both embarked and disembarked with Azamara at Quai du Commerce.  

That’s what I said.  You mentioned Infernet, but that can’t be used to disembark because they can’t handle the luggage there.

Phil

8 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

That’s what I said.  You mentioned Infernet, but that can’t be used to disembark because they can’t handle the luggage there.

Phil

Sorry Phil my edit didnt work.  I repeat we have both embarked and disembarked (twice) at Quai Amiral Infernet.  You will see from my original post that it was indeed a bit of a 'bun fight'.

17 minutes ago, Mrs Miggins said:

Sorry Phil my edit didnt work.  I repeat we have both embarked and disembarked (twice) at Quai Amiral Infernet.  You will see from my original post that it was indeed a bit of a 'bun fight'.

Sorry Pam.  Misunderstood.  How did they handle the luggage and check in at Infernet?  There are no facilities there.  That would be a nightmare for sure!  I’ve never embarked or disembarked from that dock.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

Phil, I have also embarked and disembarked at Quai Amiral Infernet in Nice.  

As I remember there was a tent set up next to the ship for luggage and Ryszard was very efficiently (of course) directing the whole procedure. Our taxi driver had first taken us to the Quai de Commerce quay by mistake and then had to go around, so I guess they don't use Quai Amiral that much. 

This tent was at the Quai Amiral quay Phil. Having embarked from Nice many times I do know the difference. 

I have never used an Uber taxi either and don't ever intend to. A friend once had a very unpleasant experience with an Uber driver and when she reported him to the Police it turned out that he had never been CRB checked and had a record of assault. I know many people use Uber and are happy with them but I am not. 

Yes Lottie. I've used Nice lots of times too and there is a tent at Commerce. You can clearly see it on Google Maps. 

I've used Uber loads of times with no problem and I'm sure many others here have too. Not sure of the point of your post except to be contrary with me. Not at all helpful in my view. 

Phil 

Not at all being contrary at all Phil. Just not agreeing with your post that Quai Amiral can’t ever be used to embark/disembark because of luggage issues. 

Both Pam and I have embarked and disembarked at Quai Amiral in Nice on occasion and we were just giving that information to the OP. Trying to be helpful for the OP. Don’t know why you think that is contrary? I know you have an encyclopaedic knowledge of all things Azamara and I respect that. I have also been at Commerce Quai for embark in the past. 

As I said, my personal opinion on Uber taxi’s is just that. Your opinion is different and that’s OK with me. 

I know many people, including yourself use them a lot with no problems. I prefer not to for personal reasons, as I said. 

We paid around 35 Euros for the private transfer with Sun Transfers.  Good value and excellent service.  Of course the airport is very close to the port (either side).   The pick up area at Quai Amiral is somewhat limited so a pre booked taxi felt best for us.

When we embarked in 2017 the Quest remained docked until 5 am next day for the short voyage to Monte Carlo.  Being at Quai Amiral meant that I could go out for a lovely evening stroll past the lovely large War Memorial and around the headland to look over the beach and Nice itself lit up and looking beautiful.  A lovely way to start a cruise.

Edited by Mrs Miggins

Many thanks for your replies everyone. So it appears that there may very well be 2 places where we dock and I'm guessing that it may not be known until near to our arrival which disembarkation point we use. So I shall contact a transfer company  - 'Friend in France' gets very good reviews and also does tours if that is of interest to anyone. I will message them  with our pick-up point when it is known. I will let you all knowhow I get on. Cheers everybody!

• 1 month later...