New ship

The Bullingdon Club

6 minutes ago, omah1975 said:

I just got an email from Cunard talking about the Wellness Suite on the Queen Anne, did anyone else get this email yet?

Yes, I just did. Mareel Wellness and Beauty. All looks very modern.

Out on deck, a new Wellness Café is your go‑to for healthy light bites, and generous outdoor space invites lazy afternoons.

37 minutes ago, omah1975 said:

I just got an email from Cunard talking about the Wellness Suite on the Queen Anne, did anyone else get this email yet?

Yes, got it just after 1pm. Looks very modern!

1 hour ago, omah1975 said:

Yes, this morning. The thermal suite looks nice enough, but I hate that it's down so low and no windows. I prefer the thermal loungers to be in a separate place, as they are on QE, a quiet room with large windows. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone else think it's gone a bit quiet lately with regards to updates on Queen Anne? I'd really like to see more information coming out, also some pictures of the build process would be great to see.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

A contributor on another forum found this article including photos showing the anticipated move of the section of Queen Anne built at Fincantieri's Castellammare di Stabia shipyard to their Marghera shipyard to continue construction there. This article is from the Italian online magazine "Pazzo per il Mare" (Crazy for the Sea).

https://www.pazzoperilmare.it/blog/2022/08/11/queen-anne-up-date-costruzione/

Edited by bluemarble

I had to put the text of that article into Google translate, but note that they also say that rumour has it that the new ship will "have a more modern design than the current sisters Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth." A little concerning as to what that actually means!

Edited by mcloaked
typo

2 hours ago, mcloaked said:

I had to put the text of that article into Google translate, but note that they also say that rumour has it that the new ship will "have a more modern design than the current sisters Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth." A little concerning as to what that actually means!

Design is in direct opposition to quest required reality.  Limited deck space, no proper promenade deck, limited seats in theatre, and so on.  Aka mongrel.

• Like 1

Well I will be all ears when the first reports come in after the maiden voyage, as to how passengers felt about the new ship once they have experienced the rooms, the service, and the facilities and entertainment. Of course more information and pictures will no doubt be released over the coming months, especially once the ship's structure is fully built and the internal decor and styling becomes a reality.   I am sure a lot of people will be looking to see if the comments on this forum turn out to be about right, of if Cunard changes things between now and when the ship is launched.

9 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Design is in direct opposition to quest required reality.  Limited deck space, no proper promenade deck, limited seats in theatre, and so on.  Aka mongrel.

Aren't mongrels reckoned to be sweet and affectionate, less likely to fall prey to nasty disieases, and longer lived than other dogs? Hardly a term of disapprobation, but perhaps that wasn't what you meant?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, exlondoner said:

Aren't mongrels reckoned to be sweet and affectionate, less likely to fall prey to nasty disieases, and longer lived than other dogs? Hardly a term of disapprobation, but perhaps that wasn't what you meant?

quite right my neigbour has a 16 year old  mongrel still going strong despite the heat and will play with anybody. He  runs rings round my 20 month GS who is probably the softest one I have had. The oldest pedigree GS I have had (8 in total ) got to 13 y 6 months.  We are on QA second voyage and will make our own minds up. Much the same was said about QV when he started.    

Both Mozart and Beethoven were looked upon in dismay in their day.

• Like 1

Having got of the QV at the weekend, I spent a bit of time onboard comparing deck plans of the two ships.

For the deck plans it seems she can carry 935 more passengers, but there seems a much higher ratio of Grills and Britannia Club suites/cabins on the QA vs the QV. 

The Britannia Club restaurant is much bigger than on the QV and while on the QV, the Queens and Princess Grill restaurants are the same size, they are both bigger on the QA, but the Princess is noticeable larger than the QG.

There are more ocean view cabins on 1 deck, compared to the QV, so there are some additional Britannia cabins, but it seems much more in the higher grades.  Although the plans aren't strictly to scale, the Britannia restaurants look a similar size on both.

Looking at the top suites, the QV has two Master suites midships, and four Grand suites aft.  On the QV the Master suites occupy the space of approx 4 standard cabins, and the Grand suites the equivalent of 5.

There are now 4 Master suites on the QA, but occupying the space of only 3 standard cabins, and only 2 Grand Suites occupying the equivalent of 5 standard cabins.

To me it seems the best suites are smaller, and there are less of them.

Seems strange to downsize these, but is it possible these suites don't sell on some voyages and it is more profitable to have more Queens and Princess Grill suites at the expense of the top suites?

• Like 1

On 8/16/2022 at 5:06 PM, richard_london said:

Seems strange to downsize these, but is it possible these suites don't sell on some voyages and it is more profitable to have more Queens and Princess Grill suites at the expense of the top suites?

I suppose somebody who is going to/can fork out for one of these suites is going to do so regardless of the smaller size as they are still the biggest and most luxurious on the ship? But also, like you say, maybe they're more often used for upgrades/perks/'VIPs' who aren't paying full market rate for it.

On 8/16/2022 at 5:06 PM, richard_london said:

Having got of the QV at the weekend, I spent a bit of time onboard comparing deck plans of the two ships.

For the deck plans it seems she can carry 935 more passengers, but there seems a much higher ratio of Grills and Britannia Club suites/cabins on the QA vs the QV. 

The Britannia Club restaurant is much bigger than on the QV and while on the QV, the Queens and Princess Grill restaurants are the same size, they are both bigger on the QA, but the Princess is noticeable larger than the QG.

There are more ocean view cabins on 1 deck, compared to the QV, so there are some additional Britannia cabins, but it seems much more in the higher grades.  Although the plans aren't strictly to scale, the Britannia restaurants look a similar size on both.

Looking at the top suites, the QV has two Master suites midships, and four Grand suites aft.  On the QV the Master suites occupy the space of approx 4 standard cabins, and the Grand suites the equivalent of 5.

There are now 4 Master suites on the QA, but occupying the space of only 3 standard cabins, and only 2 Grand Suites occupying the equivalent of 5 standard cabins.

A good analysis.  Like a plane it's all about revenue per square foot. Brittania club and grills are more profitable per sq ft and always full from day one. Hence more of these and less Brittania.  As for biggest suites you are right , on  our last two cruises we've been offered at last minute upgrade to biggest suites at a  very reduced price  (£4k) . But as happy with "standard" QG prefer to spend money on other things , eg wine.

We are open minded about sailing on QA. We were considering booking on Maiden if possible but when it was released wasnt interested in a 7nt cruise with 1 port of call. We then looked at other cruises to find them very expensive so will wait to see what prices are for second part of 2024 when they are released. I am not worried about comparing traditional Cunard ships with QA, new builds are moving forward with the times and demands of cruising so will wait to see what facilities and what more details are released about the ship. You cannot blame Carnival building QA basically the same ship as others within Carnival corporation. That is nothing new as it has happened on P&O and Princess for a few years then if it makes the build of ships cheaper then hopefully it will make cruising cheaper.

• Like 1

If you will permit me a little silliness, I've been studying Captain Leo's "Queen Anne Cruise Ship First Megablock Arrives at Shipyard" video @mcloaked posted above. I think I've found our cabin location. We have booked cabin 6044 on Queen Anne's Caribbean cruise out of Fort Lauderdale in February 2024.

It looks like our cabin will have more than the "Approximately 0 sq. ft." listed in My Cunard. It also appears to be quite airy but we better watch our step on the balcony. 🤣

With permission from Captain Leo, here is a screen shot from that video where I have taken the liberty of pointing out where I think our cabin will be.

1052943650_QueenAnneOurCabin.thumb.jpg.c9d74b5073de4498b8034c7e4b8ed0cc.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 9