Museo de la Isla Cozumel

mateodavid70

31 minutes ago, mateodavid70 said:

I'm interested in visiting the Cozumel Museum when my ship is in port. I've read that it closed for renovation at this time. Is there somewhere giving information on when it is scheduled to reopen?

The website says it is still closed and I don’t see any updated reviews.

I would email the general parks information address to see if they can give you any updated information- I have always had quick responses from them.

48 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

The website says it is still closed and I don’t see any updated reviews.

I would email the general parks information address to see if they can give you any updated information- I have always had quick responses from them.

Thank you! I didn't think about doing that. 

• 2 weeks later...

We enjoyed our visit to this museum about 3 years ago.  There was much to learn about the native Mayans in the area.

Just at the next corner is the original Pancho's Backyard, a terrific authentic Mexican restaurant with both an air conditioned area and a gorgeous outdoor covered backyard patio with live music at lunch and dinner.  Super margaritas!  We have been going for many years.  Also there is Cinco Soles, an excellent store for local artwork, food, tequila, clothing, jewelry etc.  You cannot get a better experience than these two places. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/23/2019 at 11:16 PM, DiamondDiva said:

We enjoyed our visit to this museum about 3 years ago.  There was much to learn about the native Mayans in the area.

Just at the next corner is the original Pancho's Backyard, a terrific authentic Mexican restaurant with both an air conditioned area and a gorgeous outdoor covered backyard patio with live music at lunch and dinner.  Super margaritas!  We have been going for many years.  Also there is Cinco Soles, an excellent store for local artwork, food, tequila, clothing, jewelry etc.  You cannot get a better experience than these two places. 

Thanks! That sounds like a lot of great information. Can't wait to check out what they have to offer!