Cloud Ft Lauderdale to Lima 11/10-30/10

Silver Spectre

15 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

Has anyone seen this on the Expedition ships before, and refused to sign it. And does anyone have an opinion on the legality of the final sentence? I raise these questions in the context of the full T’s and C’s that apply when booking an SS cruise and which this document does not form a part.

While I have not seen this specific form on a Silversea ship, I recognize it in a general as a model release. In plain language by signing it you're agreeing that Silversea can use any photos or video footage taken of you however it wants, including in advertising materials, without payment. Typically if you do not sign your face is blurred out so you are not instantly recognizable if they use, say, a crowd shot.

At least in the US, it's not uncommon to see a sign at the entrance to a large public event like a food festival summarizing this as "filming is taking place on these premises and by entering you agree to be filmed." 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BeeMinor said:

While I have not seen this specific form on a Silversea ship, I recognize it in a general as a model release. In plain language by signing it you're agreeing that Silversea can use any photos or video footage taken of you however it wants, including in advertising materials, without payment. Typically if you do not sign your face is blurred out so you are not instantly recognizable if they use, say, a crowd shot.

At least in the US, it's not uncommon to see a sign at the entrance to a large public event like a food festival summarizing this as "filming is taking place on these premises and by entering you agree to be filmed." 

Thanks for the response. I understand the form, however, it’s the final sentence that I am questioning, which seems to imply that by not signing it, you are still agreeing to it.

5 minutes ago, Silver Spectre said:

Thanks for the response. I understand the form, however, it’s the final sentence that I am questioning, which seems to imply that by not signing it, you are still agreeing to it.

Agreed, that is oddly phrased. The "failure to do so" is particularly unclear as it could refer to either "not signing" or "not asking questions before signing." I would think it would have to be the latter.

22 minutes ago, Perfectionistcruiser said:

Much enjoying your comments and pictures, for which many thanks.

How are you finding the Expedition Team in terms of quality of presentations/lectures and their guest interaction around the Ship?

We have only been to the initial briefing so far, lectures only really began today as our first sea day and are not our thing. All the interactions so far have been good. We actually have a very large complement, some 28, including 5 Ecuadorans who are being trained and their trainers, so the crew total is about 230 for about 210 guests.

One thing that is particularly annoying about this voyage is the number of non emergency announcements that are blasted directly into suites at ungodly hours, quite often just to inform guests that ‘oh! we have arrived’. Today we have had three between 7am and 7:30.

The briefings continue to stress that announcements are made via the TV channel, and that the TV should left tuned to the appropriate channel to hear them, which is then ignored.

The Internet was particularly slow yesterday afternoon and evening, hence only one photo from the lovely visit to Providencia Island.

Although we are not affected by this, a number of guests are annoyed that there are no snorkels or flippers onboard to accompany the extensive snorkelling programme. Apparently they failed to be delivered in Ft Lauderdale. What beggars belief is that the team didn’t go and buy some before we left!

Edited by Silver Spectre

Sorry to hear of the mishaps you are encountering.We have experienced similar noise problems early am on our recent Wind cruise.We unplugged the TV and asked Reception to delete our suite from messages prior to 9 am .It seemed to work no more wake up messages from Captain or CD!!