Hawaii-Tahiti

Scubadoc

We are looking for a cruise that goes to both Hawaii and tahiti in summer or fall 2021. 10 days up to 2 weeks or so in length.  As I'm searching all I find is Paul Gauguin and not sure we can afford that. Looks like Princess has done an itinerary like that in the past but nothing shows up for 2021. Do they not do that route anymore or just haven't announced yet. Looks like lots of other princess itineraries for fall 2021 are already announced. How do you know when cruises will be available to book?  We want an Aft suite and they seem to go quickly. 

• Like 1

The 28 day Hawaii/South Pacific cruise is GREAT! Of course you have to like sea days. Out of the 28 days there at 18 sea days. In fact the last 8 days - Moorea to LA (or whatever they use as the last port - it may not be Moorea) are all sea days. We loved the cruise. I know some who might chew their own arm off when faced with 8 sea days...

• Like 5

This doesn't help you for 2021, but we are booked on Vancouver to Hawaii to Papeete (19 days) in September 2020.  Another option is Hawaii to Papeete (9 days) then RT Papeete (10 days) back to back.  These are on the Pacific and I don't know if they will be repeating these itineraries in 2021.  I know these aren't 2021, just showing an example of what Princess is currently offering. 

Unlikely you will find a Princess ship that goes to Hawaii or the South Pacific during June, July & August. Most Princess ships are in Alaska, Asia or Europe during these months. Most fall 2021 schedules are not out yet. They probably will be published in the spring of 2020.

• Like 1

To do that itinerary in 14 days or less you will need to look at flying to Hawaii or Tahiti, sailing between the two and flying back from the other.

Norwegian Jewel does that in April/May and September/October.  Fall of 2021 not released yet, but spring (March/April) 2021 is open for booking.  

Princess does not do that short itinerary; you would have to do the 28 day trip on Princess.

16 hours ago, Thrak said:

The 28 day Hawaii/South Pacific cruise is GREAT! Of course you have to like sea days. Out of the 28 days there at 18 sea days. In fact the last 8 days - Moorea to LA (or whatever they use as the last port - it may not be Moorea) are all sea days. We loved the cruise. I know some who might chew their own arm off when faced with 8 sea days...

That is what is holding me back from booking...you can only do so much eating and drinking...how did princess fill the last 8 sea days and nights? Hopefully, there was a lot going on....what did you do?

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

We would like a Trans Pacific from Sydney to Los Angeles. That could hit Tahiti, Moorea, Bora Bora, and Pago Pago, then on to Hawaii before ending up in San Pedro. Sounds great to us!

Thrak

The Ruby is doing this in April next year. 2020

only thing is they aren’t doing Bora Bora, what a shame. We had such fun with Patrick when we all did the Emerald in 2017 Best Cruise we’ve ever had

3 hours ago, bostonfred said:

That is what is holding me back from booking...you can only do so much eating and drinking...how did princess fill the last 8 sea days and nights? Hopefully, there was a lot going on....what did you do?

For one thing we had Halloween smack dab in the middle of the last 8sea days. It was fun. We don't dress up but many of the passengers and crew did dress. It was great. We had a great roll call group and many met regularly for games and such. I don't recall ever being bored

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cristine said:

Thrak

The Ruby is doing this in April next year. 2020

only thing is they aren’t doing Bora Bora, what a shame. We had such fun with Patrick when we all did the Emerald in 2017 Best Cruise we’ve ever had

Not doing Bora Bora?  That's terrible! I could miss Pago Pago if necessary but not Bora Bora. That was a great port stop. Admittedly there wasn't much to the town but the water was fantastic. Loved getting in with the rays and the sharks. Had a good time poking fun at Just Mike for "getting lost in shark infested waters".

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Not doing Bora Bora?  That's terrible! I could miss Pago Pago if necessary but not Bora Bora. That was a great port stop. Admittedly there wasn't much to the town but the water was fantastic. Loved getting in with the rays and the sharks. Had a good time poking fun at Just Mike for "getting lost in shark infested waters".

I would take a stop at Moorea over Bora Bora any day of the week. 🙂

5 hours ago, Thrak said:

We would like a Trans Pacific from Sydney to Los Angeles. That could hit Tahiti, Moorea, Bora Bora, and Pago Pago, then on to Hawaii before ending up in San Pedro. Sounds great to us!

We want one of these that does LA to Sydney then back so we can book it as a b2b!  Agree it does have to go to Bora Bora - even though they have cannibals there... 

IMG_6597.JPG

On our first trip to Tahiti, we had a beautiful day when we were in Moorea, but it rained in Bora Bora. I was left with the impression that Moorea was the most beautiful, but ..... on our next trip, we had great weather in Bora Bora also, and now I vote for Bora Bora as the most beautiful. My mother who visited Tahiti around 1980 on a cruise, told me that Bora Bora was the most beautiful place she had seen in the world.

In my opinion, our day trip with Patrick on Bora Bora, stands out as one of our most memorable day trips EVER. You have to go out on the water to see the full beauty of Bora Bora, not just land in the town and walk around, or just go to the beach.

Edited by Aus Traveller

9 hours ago, Thrak said:

Hal has something like that. They also have a Sydney, Fiji, American Samoa, disembarking at either Honolulu, or Vancouver.

20 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

On our first trip to Tahiti, we had a beautiful day when we were in Moorea, but it rained in Bora Bora. I was left with the impression that Moorea was the most beautiful, but ..... on our next trip, we had great weather in Bora Bora also, and now I vote for Bora Bora as the most beautiful. My mother who visited Tahiti around 1980 on a cruise, told me that Bora Bora was the most beautiful place she had seen in the world.

In my opinion, our day trip with Patrick on Bora Bora, stands out as one of our most memorable day trips EVER. You have to go out on the water to see the full beauty of Bora Bora, not just land in the town and walk around, or just go to the beach.

Yes, I’m probably biased against Bora Bora as it absolutely bucketed down with rain whilst we were there on an overnight stop. I’m convinced that every place on earth looks miserable when it rains. We did a sunset sail there, with no sun and clouds that were turquoise and purple. What a miserable experience on a catamaran without any shelter. My cup of rum punch was filling up faster than I could drink it as it was raining so hard.

I’m pretty sure that Bora Bora in Tahitian translates to Glasgow, where it’s known to rain a bit every now and then. 

My my wife and are also convinced that Narita in Japanese also translates to Glasgow, as every time we fly there, it’s tipping down with rain. 😉

One other advantage I see for Moorea over Bora Bora is that. Moorea has reefs and more rocks and coral close to shore which makes for some really great snorkeling. The areas of Bora Bora that I visited tends to be a bit more sandy, so less in the way of marine life.

In my opinion, Moorea is the most beautiful place on earth.

In Bora Bora take a boat out into the middle of the lagoon that is enclosed by the reef. Get in the water with the rays and sharks. Snorkel. You just did the wrong things and had bad luck with the weather.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2019 at 8:20 PM, Ferd Berfle said:

We want one of these that does LA to Sydney then back so we can book it as a b2b!  Agree it does have to go to Bora Bora - even though they have cannibals there... 

IMG_6597.JPG

That was a fun day. We were on this boat with you. That guy was crazy and funny. Remember when he mooned the other boat?