Doha Qatar National Museum

little britain

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2019 at 2:33 PM, ilikeanswers said:

Here are ticket prices:

Admission Tickets

I don't know distance because I don't know where you are starting from, but if you get a taxi it is not that expensive, though you will need cash. The museum itself is easy to navigate and everything is in English. 

We will be coming from the cruise terminal.  Thanks.

I believe the museum is on the corniche so we could stroll along that afterwards.

Not too interested in the souk as I have heard not good reports re the animal section...

TIA.

Edited by little britain

27 minutes ago, little britain said:

We will be coming from the cruise terminal.  Thanks.

I believe the museum is on the corniche so we could stroll along that afterwards.

Not too interested in the souk as I have heard not good reports re the animal section...

TIA.

It is actually across the road from the Corniche. Doha is not really a pedestrian friendly city and crossing the road might not be so easy and on top of that the city is basically under construction, though the corniche seems to be finished. Also watch the day temperature it can get really hot in Qatar.

If you have the time I personally would visit the old souk. It is designed in the traditional way so it is actually quite fascinating compared to the souks in the UAE that have been modernised. I didn't see any live animals sold but perhaps it depends on the time of year. 

I should add there is a metro now in Doha and they are slowly opening up more lines. By the time you visit perhaps enough of the metro will be opened that it might be of use to you.