Our Carnival Sunrise B2B to Bermuda?? & New England / Canada (with pics) – 9/16/2019.

Jamman54

17 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Yoki stops by to say hello….

i-PLVcpPt-XL.jpg

That’s quite an assortment of drinks the guests are ordering today…..

i-BwfCpWh-XL.jpg

A little after noon I meet Patti back at the cabin. Here is today’s towel animal…..

i-H8ZMFkD-XL.jpg

We decide that we will go up to the Market Place for lunch. We had no problem finding a table to sit at. I decided to try the Lucky Bowl…..

i-J25P764-XL.jpg

i-nzCzrnv-XL.jpg

I tried both the chicken and pork bowls, and I enjoyed them, but they wouldn’t be my first choice if I’m cruising in the Caribbean and it’s 90 degrees outside…..

i-CZ5ZWxw-XL.jpg

I was feeling extra hungry so I also had a Guy’s Burger…..

i-TnhwnX6-XL.jpg

Patti got a wrap from the deli. She said the line was only 5 deep, but it took 10 minutes because the people up front kept changing their minds on what they wanted on their sandwiches. She also got one of the pre-made salad bowls. I had never seen them before…..

i-QbLwW4h-XL.jpg

i-34mtTfc-XL.jpg

i-3LKNHpc-XL.jpg

i-4jsGMhr-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

😋 Wow! Where on the ship did you find these salad bowls? Those look like something I’d grab! Yum! 

11 hours ago, nybumpkin said:

Carnival seems to have soured on the Magrodomes - since Dream, they haven't found a home on Carnival ships and, as you noted, have been eliminated on Sunshine, Sunrise, and soon-to-be-Radiance. If I had to guess, they don't like the room they take up and the extra deck work it takes to open and close them. However, one of my favorite memories is from our first cruise on Victory in 2004, when we met our oldest son, then 13, at the aft pool with his Camp Carnival group having a party under the dome. He was in his bathing suit, dripping wet, with a slice of pizza in one hand and an ice cream cone  in the other, exclaiming "this is great!".😀

It appears that the space they "saved" by removing the dome is being used to store lounge chairs. Where did they store them for 20 years before the refurb?😀

11 hours ago, Webecruzen said:

Let us know when you are ready to rebook Bermuda. We definitely want to go again. We will have to get together when your are in the area after your Mardi Gras Cruise.  Looks like you had a good cruise to Charleston.  Looking forward to the New England - Canada review. 

We did have a great cruise to Charleston. 😁 We will be getting together for sure after our Mardi Gras cruise. I'm thinking Disney Springs would be a great way to spend a day.😀 I think we'll be heading back to Bermuda in 2021. Going to check the dates and get back to you.😎

5 hours ago, jasong38501 said:

A few weeks back on the Magic we were frustrated by the same buttons. I am quite sure they are not original since they are not placed in logical spots and some doors use them and some are actually automatic. The worst was the door from the aft elevators to the outside on deck 11 (think outside Cucina). To get in them you have to hit a button that is four or five feet down the wall.

Didn't have the buttons when we were on her two years ago. Guess they are retro fitting all the ships. We'll all have to get used to it. No big deal, just a pita.😎

2 hours ago, grima625 said:

Enjoying another great review!  Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for following along once again. 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grandmarnnurse said:

Actually, ALL the doors on the NCL Getaway had these “buttons” on their doors to get outside, so I was surprised on my Carnival Cruise last March that they did not have them. I would suspect they are there to save on AC. Why have a door open when you walk by it if you aren’t going out it? I’m sure if they start installing these on all Carnival ships, we would get used to them easily. No big deal. Hardly anything to get upset about.

Yes we will have to get used to it. Like you said, no big deal, but it is a pita. Not sure I agree with the saving A/C theory. Most of these doors lead to elevator banks, so when you get off the elevator you are going outside. No one is just walking by. When you are going inside you have to be pretty close to the door for the sensors to pick you up, so someone walking by 10 feet away isn't going to trigger the sensor 

Then there are the doors that lead from inside the lido buffet outside to the lido pool area. These are fairly narrow passage ways. Nobody just walks by these as they are basically in and out. So if you are carrying a tray of food from the buffet, and you want to eat out by the pool, when you get to the door you have to let go of your plate with one hand or use your hip, knee, elbow, or whatever to push the button. Heaven forbid if you are carrying two plates! 😀

1 hour ago, NCTribeFan said:

It's so incredibly hot and humid at those aft pools with the roof shut, though!  Of course, when the weather doesn't cooperate, without the dome, it forces everyone inside which makes an already-crowded ship pretty unbearable.

Oh, and I like the looks of the cobb salad.  Didn't know they were offering these at the deli.  Must say, the thing I missed most about Carnival while on these past 3 cruises on MSC was the deli.

Looking forward to reading about the next leg!

When sailing to Canada in October hot and humid is better than chilly and cold!😁

The pre made salads were at the Salad Spot where you can make your own salad, and not at the deli.😎

56 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Great pics as always Jeff

You can thank Patti for those! 😁

Edited by Jamman54

54 minutes ago, grandmarnnurse said:

I will be doing a B2B for the first time in April, on the Magic, for our 50th Anniversary, so I can’t wait to follow along to see how smoothly it goes for you. 

Stay tuned. That will be coming up in the next segment.😎

53 minutes ago, grandmarnnurse said:

I love those T-shirts! I hope they offer them on my next cruise in February, on the Glory! 

I'm sure they will be there next February. I've been seeing them a lot lately.😎

49 minutes ago, grandmarnnurse said:

😋 Wow! Where on the ship did you find these salad bowls? Those look like something I’d grab! Yum! 

These were available at the Salad Spot. 😎

On 10/19/2019 at 3:15 PM, Jamman54 said:

Here are Patti and I with a couple of Cruise Critic friends…

Hey Jeff just found your review, always love reading them and seeing Patti's pictures. First time to get to read one we were actually on. It was so nice visiting with you guys. Although we missed Bermuda we still had a very nice time, plus we get to find another with our FCC. We already had one paid for next month on the Vista. Also wanted to thank you for the drinks you sent to our dinner table, you are a very nice couple and hope we meet up on another cruise some day.

Scott

On 10/18/2019 at 4:31 PM, Jamman54 said:

Tonight is the second Cruise Elegant night so we get dressed early as the Diamond event with the Captain is at 5:15 pm in the Limelight Lounge…..

We fared ok through the night, but the motion caught up with my husband this day.  He thought it would pass, but eventually I went to guest services for meclizine.  The first day they charged $2 for a packet of 2 pills, but the second day I got 2 packets for free.  We mostly stayed in the cabin and ordered room service.  Although it took a while (around 45 minutes each time), the food was the proper temperature and very tasty - plus they had nice bland foods (grilled cheese and pretzels) for DH.  I had a cheesesteak with fries for lunch, plus the chocolate cake. And once the meclizine kicked in we split a pizza for a late supper (with more fries - surprisingly good).  I got a salad and cookies from lido deck at one point along with some ice water and broke our no elevator rule to bring things back.  I was grateful for the elevator with full hands, but do find the stairs just as quick.

The atrium bar and room service were also good sources for ginger beer which helps the tummy a bit too.

I hate that DH was sick, but on the positive side we did get some much needed rest, caught a few decent older on-demand movies for free, and I finished a book I've brought the last 3 cruises and never got around to reading.

Here are some more snacks…..

i-dp2X63N-XL.jpg

Those look almost too pretty to eat.  Were they chocolates?

Here we are with Captain Renda…..

i-vvqfxKt-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

I hope you got a picture of just the two of you too.  That's a great dress on Patti and your shirt color goes very well with the flowers.

On 10/18/2019 at 4:38 PM, Jamman54 said:

Again tonight, and for the rest of this cruise, there would be no comedy shows. The second set of comics were supposed to fly in and meet the ship in Bermuda, but of course that didn’t happen.

Tonight’s Playlist Production Show in the Liquid Lounge was Vintage Pop, but because the ship was still rocking heavily, the cast performed the show minus the dancing and set changes. I was not there but I heard several people rave that the cast sang the show and knocked it out of the park. Wish I would have seen it.

Coming up next: bouncing our way back to Brooklyn!

We don't usually go to comedy shows, so I wasn't aware there weren't any 😞 .  That's disappointing since I know it is a highlight for many and something Carnival is reported to do well.

We didn't make Vintage Pop either and wish we had.  It seemed like the mic/sound system was off at many of the shows and it was hard to hear the performers clearly.  An "unplugged" night might have been good.  Overall the shows were a step better than I remembered from the Pride, but a little hard to follow with the pour sound quality.

On 10/19/2019 at 2:42 PM, Jamman54 said:

Day # 5 – 9/20/19  -  A Little Bit Calmer Day at Sea.

We woke up at 8 am to a beautiful sunny day. It’s a chilly 54 degrees right now, but it’s supposed to warm up into the mid 70’s. The seas are still a bit bouncy today, but nothing like they were the past few days.

I was surprised how much motion we still felt even after the weather calmed.  We've been on other ships in rough seas (gale force winds/waves on Princess, nor'Easter on Pride) and never had the side to side motion like on this ship.  We had a rough cruise on Grandeur on year too, but I think that was mostly wind and it was more of an up/down motion rather than side to side [someone please chime in with the correct pitch/yaw/roll terms 😉 ]

One of the major complaints about the Sunrise is the tightness of the passageway by both the Blue Iguana Cantina and Guy’s Burgers which creates a bottleneck. It’s really difficult to navigate through if you are in a wheelchair, or use a scooter. The following pictures show just how tight this is…

i-7M8xxFx-XL.jpg

This problem has existed since Guy’s and the Cantina were installed on the Triumph. This should have been corrected during the refurbishment. And to make matters worse, there are drink stations on both sides in that passage way……

i-fmmHRDz-XL.jpg

This was one of the worst congestion points for us.  We liked to eat breakfast in this area for the fresh air and views, and the layout was strange.  To add to the tightness was the ice cream station at the end of the seating near the door to the buffet, which was surprisingly busy at breakfast so it wasn't always easy to walk between the tables if someone was at the drink station.

i-gSR6fHh-XL.jpg

It was a little better here, but still crowded for a scooter/wheel chair if you have opposing traffic and/or people standing at the railing like you show.

On 10/19/2019 at 4:15 PM, Jamman54 said:

It’s time for the VIFP Party at the Liquid Lounge…..

Steve G.B. is providing the music…..

i-q7Rx4HP-XL.jpg

We heard Steve at RFP one evening and while not as high energy as some of the acts he was still very talented.

On 10/19/2019 at 4:15 PM, Jamman54 said:

Here’s Mikey with Captain Renda…..

i-GGqp5Z3-XL.jpg

Our captain really was short!  I remember Mikey joking about not being tall himself.  The picture of you with the captain wasn't as telling to me because you are much taller than I had thought from your pictures.

On 10/19/2019 at 4:45 PM, Jamman54 said:

Afterwards, I went to the Sports Bar to watch some football. I was hungry so I used the Hub App to have a pizza delivered to me there!

How was the delivery service?

On 10/19/2019 at 4:45 PM, Jamman54 said:

Patti went up on the open decks where she found that the Coast Guard was evacuating someone from the ship due to a medical emergency. It was said, though unconfirmed, that a pregnant crew member had given birth prematurely and had to be evacuated. It was also said in the end, mother and child were both doing fine. 

I saw on a Coast Guard Facebook link that it was a mother and child with premature birth and was also relieved to read they were both fine.

On 10/19/2019 at 4:52 PM, Jamman54 said:

i-dF4dccQ-XL.jpg

This was the first time I saw the "Colossal Seafood Tower" on the menu.  We were never hungry enough to try it, but curious if anyone else has.  $30 pp for that much seafood doesn't seem bad if it is good seafood.

On 10/19/2019 at 4:52 PM, Jamman54 said:

i-95QXSTh-XL.jpg

We both had the caprese salad…..

i-kkDmsBj-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

We had the mussels too which were very good and the caprese which was a little disappointing (spoiled by good, local tomatoes).  The escargot was a little off this trip too.  It seemed like the MDR food was very hit or miss this cruise.  The service was some of the best I have seen.

On 10/19/2019 at 5:34 PM, Jamman54 said:

Laura came over to see us with some happy news. We are scheduled to have YTD next cruise, so we asked Laura a few days ago if we could be changed to the early assigned dining AND keep our same table and wait staff. She had come over to tell us it had all been taken care of! We just wanted to hug her! :classic_biggrin:

So glad you got your seating assignment.  I know it's only one part of the cruise day, but it does contribute a lot to the tone of the cruise for many of us.

On 10/19/2019 at 5:34 PM, Jamman54 said:

Tonight in the Liquid Lounge is the Playlist Production of “Latin Nights”. In the Sunrise Lobby you can listen to the solo guitar sounds of Steve G.B. Once again at the Red Frog Pub, the Hip Stars will be playing all night, and Dizzy will be holding court at Piano Bar 88.

While I wasn't a big fan of the chairs in the liquid lounge, it did help with bringing the show more to the audience.  We arrived late for Latin Nights (missed Mark playing Carlos Santana 😞 ) but it was a very high energy show.  I wonder if they warned those seated near the floor dancers that they might get wet.

On 10/19/2019 at 5:45 PM, Jamman54 said:

The floor exercise area is up the stairs…..

i-gBTV4Xp-XL.jpg

I wish I had seen this when we tried to use the gym the first day.  We mostly use free weights and it seemed very crowded around the machines and benches so we gave up.  I think I'd have tried some body weight exercises or at least stretching - maybe bringing a few hand weights.  Later with the rough seas it didn't feel safe to try again- we tried working out on our first cruise with rough seas and it was interesting 😉 

This is the Ladies locker room and showers…..

i-F9j65tC-XL.jpg

i-NKWn5p3-XL.jpg

Does Patti remember if there is more than one shower?  It looked like there were several lockers, but on another line I looked and only saw one shower.  I've often heard the tip about using the gym showers if there are multiple people in the cabin but if there is only one gym shower I'm not sure how well that would work.

This is the Relaxation Lounge….

i-vcSV4xX-XL.jpg

Was this open to all or just a pre/post treatment room?  I don't remember seeing it, but we didn't look in the spa much.

On 10/20/2019 at 3:09 PM, LUVMYGSDOG said:

Enjoying your review!   Sorry you missed Bermuda - we were on the 9-22 Sunshine cruise and as you know we missed it too.😢.    Maybe one day we will get there!

Looking forward to the next segment of your review!

Kim

Hey Kim! Sorry you missed Bermuda too.  A great reason to book another cruise heading there!  Doing prep work today,so tomorrow I'll start posting the next cruise. Stay tuned! :classic_smile:

20 hours ago, Princess Cruiser27 said:

Great read and photo's of Charleston. I would like to get back to Charleston one day. My parents and I stopped in Charleston for a few hours (driving back) from my Cousin wedding in Atlanta GA. This was in 1985. 

We did enjoy our day in Charleston. It wasn't Bermuda but we made the best of it. :classic_cool:

20 hours ago, scottasp said:

Hey Jeff just found your review, always love reading them and seeing Patti's pictures. First time to get to read one we were actually on. It was so nice visiting with you guys. Although we missed Bermuda we still had a very nice time, plus we get to find another with our FCC. We already had one paid for next month on the Vista. Also wanted to thank you for the drinks you sent to our dinner table, you are a very nice couple and hope we meet up on another cruise some day.

Scott

It was great meeting you as well. Congrats on making the review! :classic_smile: Be sure to put that FCC to good use, and in the meantime, enjoy your cruise on the Vista! :classic_cool:

4 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

We fared ok through the night, but the motion caught up with my husband this day.  He thought it would pass, but eventually I went to guest services for meclizine.  The first day they charged $2 for a packet of 2 pills, but the second day I got 2 packets for free.  We mostly stayed in the cabin and ordered room service.  Although it took a while (around 45 minutes each time), the food was the proper temperature and very tasty - plus they had nice bland foods (grilled cheese and pretzels) for DH.  I had a cheesesteak with fries for lunch, plus the chocolate cake. And once the meclizine kicked in we split a pizza for a late supper (with more fries - surprisingly good).  I got a salad and cookies from lido deck at one point along with some ice water and broke our no elevator rule to bring things back.  I was grateful for the elevator with full hands, but do find the stairs just as quick.

The atrium bar and room service were also good sources for ginger beer which helps the tummy a bit too.

I hate that DH was sick, but on the positive side we did get some much needed rest, caught a few decent older on-demand movies for free, and I finished a book I've brought the last 3 cruises and never got around to reading.

Those look almost too pretty to eat.  Were they chocolates?

I hope you got a picture of just the two of you too.  That's a great dress on Patti and your shirt color goes very well with the flowers.

We don't usually go to comedy shows, so I wasn't aware there weren't any 😞 .  That's disappointing since I know it is a highlight for many and something Carnival is reported to do well.

We didn't make Vintage Pop either and wish we had.  It seemed like the mic/sound system was off at many of the shows and it was hard to hear the performers clearly.  An "unplugged" night might have been good.  Overall the shows were a step better than I remembered from the Pride, but a little hard to follow with the pour sound quality.

I was surprised how much motion we still felt even after the weather calmed.  We've been on other ships in rough seas (gale force winds/waves on Princess, nor'Easter on Pride) and never had the side to side motion like on this ship.  We had a rough cruise on Grandeur on year too, but I think that was mostly wind and it was more of an up/down motion rather than side to side [someone please chime in with the correct pitch/yaw/roll terms 😉 ]

This was one of the worst congestion points for us.  We liked to eat breakfast in this area for the fresh air and views, and the layout was strange.  To add to the tightness was the ice cream station at the end of the seating near the door to the buffet, which was surprisingly busy at breakfast so it wasn't always easy to walk between the tables if someone was at the drink station.

It was a little better here, but still crowded for a scooter/wheel chair if you have opposing traffic and/or people standing at the railing like you show.

We heard Steve at RFP one evening and while not as high energy as some of the acts he was still very talented.

Our captain really was short!  I remember Mikey joking about not being tall himself.  The picture of you with the captain wasn't as telling to me because you are much taller than I had thought from your pictures.

How was the delivery service?

I saw on a Coast Guard Facebook link that it was a mother and child with premature birth and was also relieved to read they were both fine.

This was the first time I saw the "Colossal Seafood Tower" on the menu.  We were never hungry enough to try it, but curious if anyone else has.  $30 pp for that much seafood doesn't seem bad if it is good seafood.

We had the mussels too which were very good and the caprese which was a little disappointing (spoiled by good, local tomatoes).  The escargot was a little off this trip too.  It seemed like the MDR food was very hit or miss this cruise.  The service was some of the best I have seen.

So glad you got your seating assignment.  I know it's only one part of the cruise day, but it does contribute a lot to the tone of the cruise for many of us.

While I wasn't a big fan of the chairs in the liquid lounge, it did help with bringing the show more to the audience.  We arrived late for Latin Nights (missed Mark playing Carlos Santana 😞 ) but it was a very high energy show.  I wonder if they warned those seated near the floor dancers that they might get wet.

I wish I had seen this when we tried to use the gym the first day.  We mostly use free weights and it seemed very crowded around the machines and benches so we gave up.  I think I'd have tried some body weight exercises or at least stretching - maybe bringing a few hand weights.  Later with the rough seas it didn't feel safe to try again- we tried working out on our first cruise with rough seas and it was interesting 😉 

Does Patti remember if there is more than one shower?  It looked like there were several lockers, but on another line I looked and only saw one shower.  I've often heard the tip about using the gym showers if there are multiple people in the cabin but if there is only one gym shower I'm not sure how well that would work.

Was this open to all or just a pre/post treatment room?  I don't remember seeing it, but we didn't look in the spa much.

Thanks again for jumping in with your experiences. Sorry that your DH got a bit seasick, The conditions were ripe for that to happen. Patti and I never get seasick, but even Patti mentioned that her tummy was a bit off. Those snacks served at the end of the Diamond party were chocolates, but we didn't have any. Having pizza delivered was pretty cool. If you were having it delivered to a place other than your cabin, they ask you to take a picture of yourself so they can find you. They promise you delivery in half an hour, but the three times that I had it delivered it came in about fifteen minutes. We've never ordered the seafood tower. Just too much food for us. The relaxation room is for those with spa cabins or passes. There was more than one shower. :classic_cool:

4 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

Oh my, I like the salad ideas from the deli! I wonder if that will go fleet wide!

also, chocolate pretzel ice cream...yum! I want some!

I love the pre-made salad. I've never seen that before on Carnival. That ice cream was very good! 

4 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

The salads were in the main lido area, not at the deli. I like the idea but each had something in I don't eat - curse of a picky eater 🙂 

You could also make your own salad in the buffet line.:classic_smile:

Edited by Jamman54
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the confirmation about the spa.  I sometimes make salads at Lido, but Blue Iguana is a great option too - either with or without the taco bowl.  At breakfast you can get the burrito filling without the burrito too if you are trying to reduce calories 🙂 

Pizza delivery sounds like it works well - sending your picture makes sense.

23 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

The Men's locker Room had two showers, a handicapped one and a smaller one. Unlike the Sunshine Spa, the Sunrise DOES NOT have saunas in the Locker Rooms. Instead there's a Co-Ed sauna that's on the Right as you enter into the Spa area, you can almost miss it since there's no sign. Oddly it was sometimes open, sometimes not and you never knew when it was available to be used. Additionally none of the Spa employees ever mention this co-ed sauna. IT's as if they don't want anyone to use it and instead buy the Thermal suite pass.They should have just created two small saunas the the Men's and Women's Locker Room. Stupid move!

Edited by kwokpot
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kwokpot said:

The Men's locker Room had two showers, a handicapped one and a smaller one. Unlike the Sunshine Spa, the Sunrise DOES NOT have saunas in the Locker Rooms. Instead there's a Co-Ed sauna that's on the Right as you enter into the Spa area, you can almost miss it since there's no sign. Oddly it was sometimes open, sometimes not and you never knew when it was available to be used. Additionally none of the Spa employees ever mention this co-ed sauna. IT's as if they don't want anyone to use it and instead buy the Thermal suite pass.They should have just created two small saunas the the Men's and Women's Locker Room. Stupid move!

Thanks for sharing that info. I will not bother getting a spa pass unless the ship has a Thalassotheraply Pool which the Sunrise & Sunshine do not. :classic_cool:

• Like 1

Day # 7 – 9/22/19  -  Turnaround Day in Brooklyn.

We were up at 7 am to a beautiful sunny day. The Carnival Sunrise was already docked back in Brooklyn. Right around 7:30 am I heard the announcement that the self-assist debarkation had begun.

At 8:15 am Patti and I were hungry for an omelet, so up to the Lido we went. We went back to the Seafood shack where there was nobody in line…..

IMG_1384-XL.jpg

We got our omelets and sides, found a table by the Tides Pool, and enjoyed our breakfast. While sitting there, around 8:30 am, the zone debarkation began. After Patti finished eating she was off to take pictures again. She loves taking pictures with very few or no people in them. So even though some of the following pictures may be repeats, they definitely will have less people in them. :classic_biggrin:  I’m just going to chill by the Tides Pool. Here is the Lido Pool…..

IMG_1372-XL.jpg

The Blue Iguana cantina is still serving breakfast….

IMG_1373-XL.jpg

IMG_1375-XL.jpg

The Blue Iguana Tequila Bar and Red Frog Rum Bar will remain empty until the new folks come aboard…..

IMG_1376-XL.jpg

IMG_1380-XL.jpg

So will Guy’s Burger Joint…..

IMG_1381-XL.jpg

IMG_1383-XL.jpg

Here is a view of the Tides Pool…..

IMG_1387-XL.jpg

There is only a short period of time all week that the Pizzeria del Capitano is closed…..

IMG_1389-XL.jpg

IMG_1392-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

Looking up at the Sports Square…..

IMG_1405-XL.jpg

Looking down at the Tides Pool and hot tubs…..

IMG_1406-XL.jpg

A Fond Farewell is on the big screen…..

IMG_1412-XL.jpg

IMG_1413-XL.jpg

Here are the Lido hot tubs…..

IMG_1414-XL.jpg

Patti heads up to Serenity…..

IMG_1416-XL.jpg

IMG_1417-XL.jpg

IMG_1419-XL.jpg

IMG_1420-XL.jpg

IMG_1424-XL.jpg

IMG_1425-XL.jpg

IMG_1427-XL.jpg

IMG_1428-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

Here are a couple of views of Camp Ocean and the Waterworks…..

IMG_1429-XL.jpg

IMG_1430-XL.jpg

IMG_1432-XL.jpg

IMG_1433-XL.jpg

Back by the Lido Pool a few passengers are waiting to leave the ship…..

IMG_1435-XL.jpg

Around 9:30 am Patti collected me and we went to the Atrium to watch our former shipmates debark…..

IMG_1442-XL.jpg

IMG_1443-XL.jpg

IMG_1451-XL.jpg

IMG_1458-XL.jpg

Tyler, Mikey, and Pablo help with the debarkation process…..

IMG_1445-XL.jpg

IMG_1455-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

Per our instructions we met down in the Lobby to begin the B2B process…..

IMG_1461-XL.jpg

IMG_1463-XL.jpg

They collected our old Sail & Sign cards so they could “zero” us out, and then brought us our new ones. They also gave us our old cards back. At this point they were paging some passengers to please leave the ship. Everybody had to be off the ship before we could present ourselves to the customs people. In the meantime, they gathered us all together for our B2B photo which they give us for free…..

IMG_1468-X2.jpg

Now with such a large group you would think that it would be easier for customs to come on board and process us, but no, they made us walk to them, and it was a pretty long walk. We are off the ship and back in Brooklyn for about fifteen minutes…..

IMG_1469-XL.jpg

All you had to do was show your identification to the customs officer, then it was back to the ship. As we walked back you could hear the excitement of our new shipmates through the terminal walls. We stopped briefly to be scanned onto the ship. Here are a couple of views as we prepared to board the ship again…..

IMG_1470-XL.jpg

IMG_1471-XL.jpg

We were back on board around 10:45 am, which would give us the ship to ourselves for about 45 minutes. Once back on board there were mimosas for anybody that wanted one. Patti and I are enjoying ours…..

IMG_1472-XL.jpg

IMG_1473-XL.jpg

IMG_1474-XL.jpg

Now that we are back on board here are today’s Fun Times…..

IMG_1475-XL.jpg

IMG_1476-XL.jpg

IMG_1477-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 1

Here is the internet information for this cruise…..

IMG_1478-XL.jpg

IMG_1479-XL.jpg

We stopped at our cabin before heading upstairs. Here is today’s towel animal…..

IMG_1491-XL.jpg

Patti checked out a nearby cabin (7298), which is one of the Grand Suites…..

IMG_1488-XL.jpg

IMG_1486-XL.jpg

IMG_1487-XL.jpg

IMG_1489-XL.jpg

I park myself at the Red Frog Rum Bar and will wait there until it opens…..

IMG_1496-XL.jpg

Patti catches some of our new shipmates as they arrive at the terminal…..

IMG_1507-XL.jpg

IMG_1509-XL.jpg

IMG_1508-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

Here are a couple of views of lower Manhattan and Lady Liberty…..

IMG_1502-XL.jpg

IMG_1504-XL.jpg

It’s almost boarding time…..

IMG_1517-XL.jpg

IMG_1519-XL.jpg

IMG_1520-XL.jpg

The new passengers are now boarding so the bar’s open!!!

IMG_1529-XL.jpg

IMG_1533-XL.jpg

Ramil & Erwin are ready for the rush…..

IMG_1530-XL.jpg

Here is today’s special at the Red Frog Rum Bar…..

IMG_1531-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

Patti is going to spend the afternoon up in Serenity getting some sun. The Staten Island Ferry goes by…..

IMG_1546-XL.jpg

Before she lays out she checks out Circle “C” and Club O2…..

IMG_1547-XL.jpg

IMG_1548-XL.jpg

IMG_1549-XL.jpg

IMG_1550-XL.jpg

IMG_1552-XL.jpg

IMG_1553-XL.jpg

IMG_1554-XL.jpg

IMG_1555-XL.jpg

IMG_1556-XL.jpg

IMG_1557-XL.jpg

Coming up next: Sailing away from Brooklyn!!!

• Like 1

When we got back to our cabin to wait for the muster drill to begin, we found that the Hotel Director Caroline Bourke, had sent us fruit and champagne for doing back to back cruises…..

IMG_1559-XL.jpg

IMG_1561-XL.jpg

IMG_1560-XL.jpg

The muster drill began at 3:30 pm, and once again was fairly painless. Yes, you do have to attend the muster drill even if you are on a back to back.

After the drill we went back to our cabin to hang out until sail away began. The Carnival Sunrise pushed away from the pier right around 5 pm, so we went up to Deck 10 on the starboard side for the best views. We watched the Norwegian Escape sail past the Statue of Liberty on her way out to sea…..

IMG_1562-XL.jpg

IMG_1567-XL.jpg

Here are some views of Governors Island and lower Manhattan as we slowly make our way into the harbor……

IMG_1564-XL.jpg

IMG_1568-XL.jpg

IMG_1573-XL.jpg

IMG_1579-XL.jpg

Here’s a view looking over towards Jersey City…..

IMG_1572-XL.jpg

Here’s a view looking down the East River towards the Brooklyn Bridge…..

IMG_1583-XL.jpg

Passengers are crowded along the rails on the starboard side of the ship…..

IMG_1587-XL.jpg

IMG_1588-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 1

A New York Water Taxi sails by…..

IMG_1590-XL.jpg

Here are a few views of the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal which we just sailed from…..

IMG_1591-XL.jpg

IMG_1592-XL.jpg

IMG_1599-XL.jpg

IMG_1598-XL.jpg

That’s the Verrazano Narrows Bridge which we will eventually be sailing under…..

IMG_1606-XL.jpg

Captain Renda turns the ship north towards the Hudson River where we got some great views of the Brooklyn Bridge and lower Manhattan…..

IMG_1612-XL.jpg

IMG_1610-XL.jpg

IMG_1614-XL.jpg

IMG_1619-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 2