Our Carnival Sunrise B2B to Bermuda?? & New England / Canada (with pics) – 9/16/2019.

Jamman54

Great read Jeff. Back in 2014 while I was on the Royal Princess I did Peggy's Cove and I just walked around in the Market place next to Pier 21 in Halifax. Next time while I'm in Halifax, I'll take a walk down the Harbourwalk. In St. John I just went to the tent market and did some shopping since it was raining. 

BTW what was the last shot with the pink stuff in it?

Still need to catch up...….

10 hours ago, Princess Cruiser27 said:

Great read Jeff. Back in 2014 while I was on the Royal Princess I did Peggy's Cove and I just walked around in the Market place next to Pier 21 in Halifax. Next time while I'm in Halifax, I'll take a walk down the Harbourwalk. In St. John I just went to the tent market and did some shopping since it was raining. 

BTW what was the last shot with the pink stuff in it?

Still need to catch up...….

Hey Barb! Halifax and Saint John are very walkable cities which we like. As for what was in the shot, I have no idea. Yoki would bring them and we would drink them! 😀

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, mikayla73 said:

Jeff - Thanks for the great review and to Patti for all the pics! We're doing our first every B2B on the Sunrise soon, so I was glad to read your review.

Thanks for reading and we hope we helped with your planning.  B2B cruises are so much fun.  Congrats! 😀

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update. We have decided to push back our NOLA cruises a year or two. Instead, we have added a 9 day Journeys cruise on May 25th from NYC to Bermuda (overnight), Half Moon Cay, & Nassau on the Sunrise. I think we'll make it to Bermuda this time! 😀

• Like 2

Hi Jamman54.  I have been away from CC for a while now, because I cannot cruise or even travel at this point in life (for now), so felt that I cannot add much to the commentary here, however I do want to say that I still follow some reviews, and have followed yours and your wife Patty.  Have very much enjoyed them as always, and especially love your reviews of Canada cruises, as I am quite fond of that destination! LOL.  I do hope that things work out for you with respect to Bermuda.  It is a lovely place . One I hope to eventually get back to.  Just wanted to say, thanks for the wonderful reviews and Patty's photos.

8 hours ago, SMSACE6 said:

Hi Jamman54.  I have been away from CC for a while now, because I cannot cruise or even travel at this point in life (for now), so felt that I cannot add much to the commentary here, however I do want to say that I still follow some reviews, and have followed yours and your wife Patty.  Have very much enjoyed them as always, and especially love your reviews of Canada cruises, as I am quite fond of that destination! LOL.  I do hope that things work out for you with respect to Bermuda.  It is a lovely place . One I hope to eventually get back to.  Just wanted to say, thanks for the wonderful reviews and Patty's photos.

Thanks for continuing to follow our reviews and for your kind words. We hope that in the near future you will be able to travel and cruise again. 😎

• 4 weeks later...

It has been awhile since I've been on CC boards so catching up on some of the reviews from some of my favorite reviewers. Charleston is my home port and loved seeing the photos. You and Patti did well covering some of the area for a few hours but still a lot more to check out if you visit again in the future.🙂 Hate that you guys missed Bermuda but looks like you got another cruise planned there.  Also enjoyed the New England/Canada cruise part of your review.  That cruise and Bermuda are on my list of where I need to cruise to next in the future!  Thanks again for doing these reviews!

6 hours ago, carolinagalcruise2011 said:

It has been awhile since I've been on CC boards so catching up on some of the reviews from some of my favorite reviewers. Charleston is my home port and loved seeing the photos. You and Patti did well covering some of the area for a few hours but still a lot more to check out if you visit again in the future.🙂 Hate that you guys missed Bermuda but looks like you got another cruise planned there.  Also enjoyed the New England/Canada cruise part of your review.  That cruise and Bermuda are on my list of where I need to cruise to next in the future!  Thanks again for doing these reviews!

Thanks for reading! We enjoyed our visit to Charleston and would love to visit again, just not on a cruise that's supposed to go to Bermuda. 😁  We will be back on the Sunrise for a 9 day cruise with an overnight in Bermuda. We are also ready to pull the trigger on a B2B on the Radiance which will reprise our Sunrise B2B. 😎

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pacruise804 said:

Happy New Year, Jeff and Patti!  I thought you'd appreciate a sign I saw at one of our local breweries over the holiday season:

809335361_husbanddaycare.thumb.jpg.353d60b3619312aab4edbfc8ce8609a3.jpg

Happy New Year to you and yours as well! Now that's funny. I should have trademarked that phrase when I had the chance! 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We are officially booked on B2B cruises on the Radiance to Bermuda and New England/Canada beginning August 31st from NYC. The deposit and 25% FCC from our cancelled Mardi Gras cruise has the first leg covered so it's all good. Of course,  we will bring you all the action! 😀

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SenatorsFan said:

Glad to hear you have more booked, Jeff. I didn't realize you'd been affected by the Mardi Gras cancellation. Happy New Year! 😀 I'm hoping to have something booked soon.

Heather

Thanks Heather! Happy New Year to you and yours. Good luck with your planning. 😎

• Like 1

On 1/2/2020 at 3:34 PM, Jamman54 said:

Thanks Heather! Happy New Year to you and yours. Good luck with your planning. 😎

Hi.  We never sailed Carnival before so while looking on CC for info came across your trip report and read all 18 pages (whew!)  We usually sail NCL or Princess,.  Having two NCL's already booked, one in April and another in Jan, 2021, we thought we might look to sail between them in Sept. out of NY and found the Carnival Sunrise & MSC Meraviglia.  I have read more bad reviews about MSC than Carnival, just that it's a "party boat".  We are in our early 70's but very active.  We are not drinkers but love good food and seeing good entertainment.  Do you think Carnival Sunrise is for us?

By the way, can you tell me what car service you used or use getting to the port?  We live in East Brunswick, NJ, not too far from you.  Thanks, Ellie.

On 1/2/2020 at 12:50 PM, Jamman54 said:

We are officially booked on B2B cruises on the Radiance to Bermuda and New England/Canada beginning August 31st from NYC. The deposit and 25% FCC from our cancelled Mardi Gras cruise has the first leg covered so it's all good. Of course,  we will bring you all the action! 😀

We'll be on board with you again for the NE/CA leg leaving the 6th.  Using our "hurricane" FCC from our "Charleston cruise" to pay for it. Maybe this time I'll actually say hello when I see you on board! 

1 hour ago, EllieinNJ said:

Hi.  We never sailed Carnival before so while looking on CC for info came across your trip report and read all 18 pages (whew!)  We usually sail NCL or Princess,.  Having two NCL's already booked, one in April and another in Jan, 2021, we thought we might look to sail between them in Sept. out of NY and found the Carnival Sunrise & MSC Meraviglia.  I have read more bad reviews about MSC than Carnival, just that it's a "party boat".  We are in our early 70's but very active.  We are not drinkers but love good food and seeing good entertainment.  Do you think Carnival Sunrise is for us?

By the way, can you tell me what car service you used or use getting to the port?  We live in East Brunswick, NJ, not too far from you.  Thanks, Ellie.

I would certainly say that you would enjoy the Sunrise in September. School is in session so it will be an older crowd. We are doing a B2B on the Radiance in September. She will be a sister ship to the Sunrise. Give either one a try.

We use Taurus Transportation which is based in Somerset. Have fun with your planning! :classic_cool:

3 minutes ago, BroadwayGirl said:

We'll be on board with you again for the NE/CA leg leaving the 6th.  Using our "hurricane" FCC from our "Charleston cruise" to pay for it. Maybe this time I'll actually say hello when I see you on board! 

You better! :classic_laugh:

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Mother27 said:

I'm loving your review. DH and I are sailing on the Radiance out of NYC in September, and I'm really excited. I especially love the sail away pictures. I booked a balcony on the starboard side just for that view!

Thanks for reading! What sailing are you on? We are on September 6th. 😎

51 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Thanks for reading! What sailing are you on? We are on September 6th. 😎

We're on the September 27th sailing. We're flying into NYC the day before, staying in Manhattan, and catching a Broadway show - Chicago!

• 5 months later...
On 10/22/2019 at 6:27 PM, Jamman54 said:

IMG_1424-XL.jpg

Thinking about booking the Sunrise next year (would be a re-booking from our upcoming October cruise which may get cancelled, but regardless we are planning to rebook) so I went back and starting reading your Sunrise review - which is great as always! My only question so far is - What is this??? Is it a really small pool or a really big hot tub?? LOL Sailing without my little one this time, so planning on enjoying the Serenity area. Would love a small pool to cool off in...but not sure how much we'd use the hot tub on a hot day! 

1 hour ago, MistyRo76 said:

Thinking about booking the Sunrise next year (would be a re-booking from our upcoming October cruise which may get cancelled, but regardless we are planning to rebook) so I went back and starting reading your Sunrise review - which is great as always! My only question so far is - What is this??? Is it a really small pool or a really big hot tub?? LOL Sailing without my little one this time, so planning on enjoying the Serenity area. Would love a small pool to cool off in...but not sure how much we'd use the hot tub on a hot day! 

That is the hot tub in the Serenity area. Not really that hot, but not good for cooling off. Nice once the sun goes down though. 😀