Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Orangefan

Godmother for the Sky Princess ?

I was wondering if those of you on the European Sky Princess Inaugurals  have had any hints who the Godmother might be. Enjoy your cruises. I will be looking  for your comments about the ship and your experiences. I will be waiting for  the Sky in FLL for my b2b.

Have a safe journey to Europe and a wonderful time on the Sky !

Sali

Edited by Orangefan

Sky Princess' float-out was led by godmother Kerry Ann Wright (2nd officer for Princess Cruises) nominated as Madrina by her fellow crew.

From the Internet..,. Can't believe everything you read.

On 10/10/2019 at 4:56 PM, neverbeenhere said:

Sky Princess' float-out was led by godmother Kerry Ann Wright (2nd officer for Princess Cruises) nominated as Madrina by her fellow crew.

neverbeenhere,

Maybe this time they might have a godfather. Do you think I have a chance.

Your Pal,

B53C740D-DDD6-49F2-95C5-E03F113CE839.jpeg

Ah.. Only the Hairdresser knows for sure...

A FYI: The Titanic never hjad a GODMother nor was Christined.

The Old Carnival Triumph was Re-Named as well the New GodMother is the past ones daughter..

10 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

neverbeenhere,

Maybe this time they might have a godfather. Do you think I have a chance.

Your Pal,

B53C740D-DDD6-49F2-95C5-E03F113CE839.jpeg

Oh, but they did have men. The Regal Inaugural  had the tv original Love Boat cast and referred to them as Godparents.

The Godparents included 4 men and 2 women. The best part was they sailed with us on the Regal's first cruise out of the U.S.

Sali

12 hours ago, cherylandtk said:

Ummm...godmother (in Italian that’s Madrina) is Kerry Ann Wright as stated in post 2 above.

On 10/10/2019 at 4:56 PM, neverbeenhere said:

Kerry Ann Wright is the Madrina (Godmother in Italian) for the Sky.  The Madrina is the Female chosen for the naming ceremony when the ship in construction first enters the water at the shipyard.  A ceremonial Godmother is later chosen to christen the ship before one of the now ‘many’ maiden voyages.  For the Regal, the Madrina was Cruise Critic’s Carolyn Spencer Brown, but the ‘Godmother’ was the Loveboat Cast which led the ceremony before the ‘’maiden’ Caribbean Cruise from Fort Lauderdale.  I am currently forgetting the Royal’s Madrina, but the Godmother was Kate (Catherine), Duchess of Cambridge.  Edit: Victoria Nash, daughter of Captain Nick Nash was Royal’s Madrina.

The ceremonial Godmother is usually someone well known and is most likely the one remembered; but, the Madrina is the one chosen to Wish the ship Safe Journeys at the float out ceremony.

Keeping with tradition, I’d say that the ceremonial Godmother will be named shortly for an upcoming ‘maiden’ voyage.  One rumor is that it will be Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, at the December 1 or 4 inaugural getaway from Fort Lauderdale.

See link for the story behind the Madrina for the Sky:

https://princessjourney.co.uk/dining-culture/the-unique-story-behind-sky-princess-madrina

Safe Journeys, Paul

Edited by pjrockman
Added name of Royal’s Madrina

11 hours ago, cherylandtk said:

Paul, thank you for the excellent lesson on 2 godmothers. I learn new things on these boards all the time.

You are welcome.  I actually learned that during the famous Everything Royal thread that Dave was running back in the year leading up to the launch of the Royal.

4 minutes ago, Waterluv said:

I for one certainly hope the rumor is true 🤗 I would love it if it were Princess Meghan!!!

We would, as well.  The rumor was in a UK Cruise Magazine, so you never know.  

Safe Journeys, Paul