Is Beverage Package Ever a Perk?

mnocket

I'm  new to HAL.  I'm looking at a 74-day Grand Voyage.  The Signature Beverage Package would cost $4,000 per person for a cruise of that length.  I'm wondering if HAL ever offers deals on the SBP on Grand Voyages, and if so, is it tied to type of cabin?

We received ours as part of a promotion, but we had to book within a certain time frame.  I've never heard of SBP offered after a passenger books.  If you see a promotion which offers SBP after booking, HAL usually allows the passenger to cancel the first booking and rebook to receive the perk.  

Since I've never searched for a Grand Voyage, I can't address if perks are offered.  Someone else should know, though, and I hope they answer your question quickly.  Have a marvelous cruise!  How could you not?  To quote Dr. Seuss, "Oh, the places you'll go!"

• Like 1

The SBP is valuable to us on cruises up to 20 - 25 days.   You're on vacation, the captain is driving, and you tend to let loose a bit.  But on the longer cruises, we tend to revert back to the beverage consumption levels that we are used to at home.   Unfortunately, HAL will not allow you to purchase the SBP for the first 25 days of your 74 day cruise.  It's all or nothing.   So, on those extra long cruises, we pay as we go, and it all washes in the end.

Strangely enough, we booked a 29 day Rotterdam cruise in Oct 2020 while onboard.   We thought we would pay as we go for the beverages.  The future cruise consultant told us that HAL had a promotion running for that cruise called Early Booking Bonus.   With that promotion, we got a 29 day SBP and a PG dinner.   The SBP for 29 days would cost us $1499.30 per person.   Amazingly, the price for the cruise was the same as it was 6 months earlier when we first started looking at it, long before the EBB promotion was applied.   A $3000 perk.   Wow !!   

• Like 3

We received the Early Booking Bonus Signature Beverage Package for our South America cruise scheduled for November, 2020.  A nice perk for someone whose spouse doesn't drink.  He can have all the Shirley Temples he wants! :classic_laugh:

LIke Taters, we currently have the beverage package.  It was an Early Booking Bonus.

there was NO difference in pricing with it or without it.

I know the Grand Voyages have some perks if you book early but not sure about now.

Best bet it to keep checking.  And, remember you don’t have to buy the package.  There are all sorts of options between happy hour, a beverage card or a bottle for your room.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 8:46 PM, Mary229 said:

I received it ($1800 value in my case) last April. At the time there was a special offer.   I later traded it in for a different set of perks as I am not much of a drinker. 

What perks did you trade it in for??

Edited by metairiegal
  • Like 1

Our cruise booked for 2021 is offering OBC instead of the SBP. They said it was so folks that don’t drink alcohol still get a nice perk. It works for us even though we enjoy an evening cocktail or two. 

Cheers, Denise 

Many months ago I booked the 14 night Alaskan Explorer cruise for September, 2020.  Months after I booked,  a promotion came out that included the SBP.  I was able to have it added to my booking without an increase in price!  Most likely I saw it discussed here on CC first!

BaltimoreCruise

In years past the Signature Beverage Package was a key component of the "Explore4" promotion that typically runs late summer / early fall.  This year they ran an "Early Booking Bonus" in June-August timeframe for May 2020-April 2021 sailings and it included the Signature Beverage Package.  The "Explore4" deal currently running is offering onboard credits rather than a beverage package. 

There have also been reports of close-in Caribbean, Europe, Mexico and Alaska sailings offering a price inclusive of a beverage package in the last few months - but it appears to be a handful of ships/dates/cabin categories, mostly on under 14 day sailings departing in 3-5 months from date of booking where HAL is trying to fill ships.  It is not heavily advertised by HAL and you do have to ask if it's an option.  Many travel agents do not even know about it.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

In years past the Signature Beverage Package was a key component of the "Explore4" promotion that typically runs late summer / early fall.  This year they ran an "Early Booking Bonus" in June-August timeframe for May 2020-April 2021 sailings and it included the Signature Beverage Package.  The "Explore4" deal currently running is offering onboard credits rather than a beverage package. 

There have also been reports of close-in Caribbean, Europe, Mexico and Alaska sailings offering a price inclusive of a beverage package in the last few months - but it appears to be a handful of ships/dates/cabin categories, mostly on under 14 day sailings departing in 3-5 months from date of booking where HAL is trying to fill ships.  It is not heavily advertised by HAL and you do have to ask if it's an option.  Many travel agents do not even know about it.

I can share that I DID get a promotion like AtlantaCruiser describes in the second paragraph. Free Bev Package for a December sailing when booked about 2.5 months out. It was NOT advertised this way. I called the travel agent asking about best deals, and when he looked up the inside guarantee at a good price it included the SBP at no charge. My friends and I jumped on it immediately. We plan to upgrade to a verandah when it becomes affordable. In fact, I just left a message with my TA asking for a current quote on an upgrade. I expect the quote won't be great and we will upgrade a few weeks prior to the cruise at a decent price.

6 hours ago, metairiegal said:

What perks did you trade it in for??

32 day cruise. Traded for free premium internet (a necessity in the location), free dinner, $300 more OBC per person,$700 price drop per person and now have free gratuities