Cruise Critic Community
watson50

no more wine at Meet and Mingle?

we cruised last Dec. on the 12 nt, even though we had Dennis Charles as CD (didn't care for him) they gave away 3 wines and 1 champagne. and we had mimosas coffee and pastries, and of course the nick  knacks. There was a Facebook post months ago that said things have changed. thank you for everybody for your input. we are cruising on Dec 8 and just curious as what to expect.who's joining us?

2 minutes ago, watson50 said:

...  we are cruising on Dec 8 and just curious as what to expect.who's joining us?

Check your Roll Call thread.

5 hours ago, DISFANS3 said:

Years ago M-M were fun, last cruise on the Freedom 10 people showed up and just one rep from RCI who was there ten mins and left. I think the M-M days our about over..

I’ve never seen anything like that in terms of attendance. The M&M on Brilliance in May and Adventure in September both had well over 100 attending. Maybe it’s a ship by ship or itinerary by itinerary thing. I don’t think one such experience is enough to conclude M&M days are about over.

6 hours ago, DISFANS3 said:

Years ago M-M were fun, last cruise on the Freedom 10 people showed up and just one rep from RCI who was there ten mins and left. I think the M-M days our about over..

I think that participation in the M&M's is directly related to participation in the Roll Calls.  We had over 65 participants in our Allure cruise 5 weeks ago.  BTW, Red, White and Champagne were among the prizes.

Sea ya!

You would think this is the end of the world because they aren't giving away a $10 bottle that you can bring on yourself.

Here come all of the examples on how it's worse than that.

12 hours ago, DISFANS3 said:

We can usually estimate M&M attendance by size and activity of our roll call board.  It really helps when someone has stepped up and offered to run activities (cabin crawl, slot pull, private excursions, etc).  These are usually discussed at the party so folks show up to get details.

I dont go to a cruise to meet new people , I dont drink alcohol and I am already diamond if I want a non alcoholic drink. The only reason I visit it is for the free stuff which is not really worth it but its a nice when you get back home and tell ur friend ( I bought u this on the ship) btw those meet and mingle r so boring it sound like the first day of class

Hi My name is ***** Im from ***** my user name is ****** I am travelling with **** I love royal caribbean bc ****** and so on 

On 10/12/2019 at 2:48 PM, CORKY_Q said:

I think that participation in the M&M's is directly related to participation in the Roll Calls. 

42 on my RC for next week

244 on another RC for same cruise.

Numbers speak volumes.

No wine given as prizes on Anthem in September of this year.  The biggest prize was bingo cards.   We had such a huge turn out for this cruise that they held it in a bigger venue.

We won a bottle last year on the same cruise.  Small group, small venue.

Oh well. 

Edited by barbeyg

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 5:57 PM, watson50 said:

I don't  remember when I heard this, but no more wine at meet and mingle gatherings? we sailed Anthem last year and before and they always raffled the wine. has anyone noticed this? we are sailing Dec.8 and hoping to get lucky again. Thank you

Is winning a 4.00 bottle of wine getting lucky?:classic_tongue:

Edited by bouhunter

Bottles of wine, champagne were offered at our last M&M door prize raffle. And, mimosas/peach belinis were doled out on our last Vision cruise just this past July; I think this varies ship to ship and nothing firm on policy noted yet, except about the comment about corporate saying no more of it.

We won the bottle of bubbly that was the top prize two years ago on Serenade. Just a pity we don't drink! :classic_laugh::classic_sad:

We were on Freedom of the Seas in September. Nobody showed up for the m and m, When we called, they said there was a mix up and brought some snacks and juice. They raffled off keychains and pens....nothing like a year ago when we were on allure and they gave everyone a seaspass holder and raffled off wine, specialty dinners , etc. the captain showed up and talked to us...huge difference.