Matt O as cruise director

tjcletzgo

We usually don't care one way or another who the Cruise Director is.  That totally changed when we cruised with Matt O on the Royal this summer,  He's hilarious, energetic, friendly, and I could go on.  Sad that he's going to a smaller ship!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, tjcletzgo said:

We are sailing on Jan 2020 and I though Matt O was going to be on the Royal. Is he?

I think we're on the same sailing as the OP--January 4... (though the OP hasn't visited the Roll Call)...

So, we'd be interested as well...(posting here so CC sends me any email updates on this thread)...

1 minute ago, Thrak said:

Caribbean Princess: Feb, March

Grand Princess: April, May, June, July

I agree. Very hard to hear. He says, "That is what it is now" but it could possibly change as "you never know".

Sorry, taped off the TV with my iPad.

Edited by idahospud

Love Matt O! He literally has groupies, people who wear Matt O t-shirts on their cruises, there's a Matt O fan club, etc. People choose cruises based on what ship he's on. He's a lot of fun!

I believe Matt is leaving the Royal at the end of November, then off-ship for a few months until he's back on the Caribbean Princess in February.

Edited by cherrytwist

Matt O (and his team) are outstanding. I now choose cruises just to sail with him. Three this year on Royal (not my favorite ship) because that's his ship. Foresee a few Grand Princess trips next year! Lol. He now has a fan club on the OTHER group that we aren't allowed to mention. If you haven't sailed with him, do it.

Sheesh... We sailed with Matt when he was an Assistant CD. I told him one evening that he was going to be a great CD one of these days. He was extremely outgoing and very "flamboyant" on that cruise. No oligopolies and no regrets. He was just "himself" and didn't care who liked it or didn't like it. (Excellent attitude!) It was his totally outgoing manner and attitude as well as his obvious love of the job that made me tell him he was destined for greatness. Was I right or what? Sadly, we haven't sailed with him since his promotion but definitely hope to do so in the future. He's just plain fun.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cubfan63 said:

This link is to a YouTube video showing pictures and video clips of Matt O in action on the Royal Princess this past April.  He leading a dance class in the Piazza.  Matt O is terrific. 

https://youtu.be/lJVmdeiHhl4

I love Matt O and I also love this YouTube channel.  I watch it all of the time 😊

On 10/11/2019 at 4:44 AM, jondfk said:

Well, I’m on Royal now, Oct 11 and Matt O is definitely still here.  For how long, not sure.

He said he was going home (UK) for Christmas this year, don’t know for how long.

On 10/10/2019 at 7:13 PM, tjcletzgo said:

We are sailing on Jan 2020 and I though Matt O was going to be on the Royal. Is he?

Thanks so much🛳🛳

Nope, he’s leaving the ship before then.