Which would you eliminate?

Lem_On_Ade

I have my first NCL cruise booked for January. We received the specialty dining package of 3 meals. Seeing as how I've never been on NCL before I'm having a hard time deciding which restaurants to try. Let me preface by saying I love steak, Italian food and hibachi type meals so I would love some input from anyone who has ate at these places before. We currently have Moderno, Cagney's, La Cucina and Teppanyaki booked. I need to eliminate one, which would you choose? Thanks!!

Edited by Lem_On_Ade
grammatical error

If you've done a Japanese or Brazilian experience recently, I would keep the one you have not done.

We like the Japanese-style just fine, but done it before and each time it was pretty much the same experience. Plus you are interacting with others, so if you want a quiet dining experience for two, that's not going to be it.

9 minutes ago, dexddd said:

moderno

Unfortunately, I agree with dexddd. We have been to many and have somewhat gotten tired of going. Also it is crapshoot - some great and others meh. But the salad bar is great!

But if you have not been to a Brazillian before, I would tell you to go - I've seen some people raving about it.

Edited by bluesea777

1 minute ago, cruzercruiser said:

We did not care for Teppanyaki. It felt crowded and the cooking "performance" just wasn't fun. We loved Moderno. Cagneys was decent. I would eliminate Teppanyaki.

There.

Restaurants are subjective. Some people favour some and dislike others, and other people are the opposite.

It is up to you. But I like post #3

Thanks for the input! I think it really is a crapshoot lol. I've actually never been to a Brazilian type steakhouse so that's why I was leaning towards keeping Moderno even though I'm sure it's nothing like what I would experience on land. My thinking with Cagney's was that I did eat at Carnival's steakhouse but wasn't really wowed, but I know this could be totally different. I appreciate all of your recommendations so far!!

5 minutes ago, Lem_On_Ade said:

Thanks for the input! I think it really is a crapshoot lol. I've actually never been to a Brazilian type steakhouse so that's why I was leaning towards keeping Moderno even though I'm sure it's nothing like what I would experience on land. My thinking with Cagney's was that I did eat at Carnival's steakhouse but wasn't really wowed, but I know this could be totally different. I appreciate all of your recommendations so far!!

Moderno is pretty similar to what you would experience on land, if you were going to a middle-of-the-road place.  I've been to better places and worse places on land.  

Food at Moderno was decent, and the salad bar (lots of stuff other than salad) was pretty good.

As for Cagney's, we had a horrible meal there on the Gem last time.  In fact it was bad from appetizer to steak to dessert.  We were offered another meal - and we went back to Le Bistro - our favorite.  We generally love steakhouses - but this was akin to a cheap chain restaurant on a bad day.

Definitely go to Le Bistro!!!

46 minutes ago, Lem_On_Ade said:

Regarding Moderno, if you've never done that before I'd say go for it. I'm sure you've experienced Italian food before, so I would go for the new experience over something familiar. Don't forget to get the grilled pineapple!

Regarding Cagney's, the only issue is that it really is hit or miss, and sometimes when it misses it misses hard. If you really like filets, you might be better off at Le Bistro, which has a much more consistently good filet. There is some overlap between Moderno and Cagney's, so maybe you can get your meat fix at Moderno.

La Cucina is fine, it's not going to blow you away but it's solid.

As you can tell from all the responses, it's intensely subjective.  I try to go to specialty restaurants that we don't get to go to as often on land.  Most often, that rules out La Cucina as we have many good Italian restaurants nearby that we can go to and frequent.