Msc in venice

Rjh8842

If you have taken msc to venice

1) do you remeber what terminal number you used? Or was it a long walk to the people mover?

2) i have read that some cruise lines have thier own boat shuttles from port to st mark’s square. Does msc offer this? And if so what was the cost?

tia

We’ve sailed many times from Venice but the terminal number often changes albeit they are very close to each other.

Walk to people mover 10 to 15 minutes.

Many cruise lines have a private chargeable shuttle to St Marks square.

If not offered it’s about €8 each way from the dockside a very frequent service and takes about fifteen to twenty minutes.

A couple of schematics/maps.  On the first, I see most of the MSC ships docking along the 107-110 side:

enhance

In this capture you can see MSC Opera docked.  the People Mover is the diagonal red line in the upper left.  I feel it is a long walk from all of the terminals.  If they offer a shuttle, it will leave from near the purple 103 location.  

enhance

• Like 1

We were just there this past July.

Can't recall the terminal, but as soon as we were out there is a free shuttle to the people mover. Not very efficient, long line and goes pretty slow. It is there if needed though.

The only thing I would say is that  if you are headed to the train station make sure you give yourself plenty of time.  We missed our first train at 11:30 am and made the 1:00 pm one by running up the bridge/stairs to the station with suitcases and bags in tow. One minute later we would have missed it too.

It seems that since the harbor accident ships go through the canal very slow.

2 hours ago, lasnev said:

We were just there this past July.

Can't recall the terminal, but as soon as we were out there is a free shuttle to the people mover. Not very efficient, long line and goes pretty slow. It is there if needed though.

The only thing I would say is that  if you are headed to the train station make sure you give yourself plenty of time.  We missed our first train at 11:30 am and made the 1:00 pm one by running up the bridge/stairs to the station with suitcases and bags in tow. One minute later we would have missed it too.

It seems that since the harbor accident ships go through the canal very slow.

From our experience leaving the ship via the people mover to Piaza Roma about 20 minutes.

After leaving the ship it’s about a ten minutes walk to the people mover.

Depending on the line and time of day maybe another ten minute wait.

Then a two minutes ride to Piazza Roma.
From Piazza Roma it’s about a ten to fifteen walk to the train station over about three bridges.

If going to either Marco Polo or Trevisio airport it’s just about as cheap especially with four people and definitely much quicker and a whole lot easier to take a taxi than mess about with the people mover and then taking the bus.

I thought Venice was now prohibiting large cruise ships from docking in Venice...

The crash of the MSC ship was the "last straw"..and things are expected to change

https://www.luxurytraveladvisor.com/destinations/venice-bans-cruise-ships-existing-cruises-to-be-diverted

Edited by Fogfog

4 hours ago, Fogfog said:

I thought Venice was now prohibiting large cruise ships from docking in Venice...

The crash of the MSC ship was the "last straw"..and things are expected to change

https://www.luxurytraveladvisor.com/destinations/venice-bans-cruise-ships-existing-cruises-to-be-diverted

We sailed from Venice twice last month and as far as I’m aware no final dates have been set to stop or regulate cruise ships from docking in Venice.

Our cruise with MSC Musica ended in Venice on Saturday. We docked late because of the fog and used ISONZO 1 terminal. Depending on how heavy your bags are, it is a good 15-20 minute walk to the People Mover station from where we docked. Across the People Mover station in Piazzale Roma (to the far left), you can take the vaporetto to San Marco (take #2, it is faster vs #1). There are water taxis near 103 terminal.