Turning Diamond soon, just excited

10 hours ago, sandycruzr said:

I too will

be turning Diamond on my next cruise.  I have a b2b booked for December and really wanted to get to Diamond before then. 

Here is the most cost effective way I found to get points:

I booked a solo cabin on Monarch of the Seas (5 nights earned 10 points) $429 all in with free gratuities and $50 obc from TA

PLUS 

Empress of the Seas for November 8 nights for $469 all in plus once again paid gratuities and $ 100 obc 

Great deals and fun cruises!

Are you sure about tha?.  If you're counting on 16 points for Empress you could be disappointed.  She has a few Studio (solo) cabins that are only 1 point each.  I booked her B2B next July and am delighted with the price and itinerary but am now D+ and will never be Pinnacle so I wasn't concerned about the points.

Roy

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Are you sure about tha?.  If you're counting on 16 points for Empress you could be disappointed.  She has a few Studio (solo) cabins that are only 1 point each.  I booked her B2B next July and am delighted with the price and itinerary but am now D+ and will never be Pinnacle so I wasn't concerned about the points.

Roy

Thanks Roy for your advice.  I booked a regular room and paid a small single supplement  I double checked with Royal to make sure that I will be getting double points. Actually, I only need 4 more points so I would have been ok either way.

Enjoy your upcoming cruises!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jeanneful said:

We are doing a B2B in Dec. Second leg we turn Diamond. I was told we can go to the Diamond Ambassador to get our cards changed to Diamond. Can't wait!! 

I would suggest you speak with the LA early on the first leg of your B2B cruise. Gives the LA time to expedite the changes to get you put in the system so you can enjoy the perks/benefits for the second leg of your cruise. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I would suggest you speak with the LA early on the first leg of your B2B cruise. Gives the LA time to expedite the changes to get you put in the system so you can enjoy the perks/benefits for the second leg of your cruise. 

Yes that is what Im planning to do. Thank you!

We are also turning diamond after our TA brilliance in a few weeks. I so wish we could use the benefits mid cruise as I believe we hit the milestone on day 8 on a 15 day cruise. I know you cant but it would be nice if you could. We got to it pretty quickly with 7 cruises however all but 1 were over 10 days. Now onto diamond plus!

16 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

What kind of coffee do they serve?

They don't "serve" anything.  It's a self-service machine that makes the standard espresso-based drinks.  You have to be creative to come up with all the fancypants drinks from what is available to you (e.g. snag a chocolate milk carton to add to your latte for some mochaness...or use the hot chocolate packets...).  During happy hour you can spike your coffees too if you can handle the late afternoon caffeine buzz as decaf is lacking 😈

7 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

They don't "serve" anything.  It's a self-service machine that makes the standard espresso-based drinks.  You have to be creative to come up with all the fancypants drinks from what is available to you (e.g. snag a chocolate milk carton to add to your latte for some mochaness...or use the hot chocolate packets...).  During happy hour you can spike your coffees too if you can handle the late afternoon caffeine buzz as decaf is lacking 😈

Yum.....good ideas!

• 4 weeks later...

Just booked an 8 night solo, for a very nice price.

I am 4 points from Diamond, so this will do it.  But I am doing it to make sure I get a Crystal Block from Grandeur before she leaves the fleet.

All the rest of out booked cruises are in suites, so D benefits are not really worth much to us.

Just came off Liberty two weeks ago. Wife and I were planning on reaching Diamond this July 2020, after our Alaska cruise. 

As others have mentioned we added a 5 night cruise in March 2020, Jr. Suite to reach Diamond.

Should make our Alaska visit that much better.

Money well spent.