Please, Share Some Royal Princess Love

MsSoCalCruiser

I was on the ship last year and loved just about everything about it, didn't want to get off at the end of the cruise.  I don't mind the smaller balconies everyone moans about - if I can sit on the balcony, it's fine.  I make a point of falling in love with each ship when I cruise on it, makes for an enjoyable cruise :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hlperez said:

I make a point of falling in love with each ship when I cruise on it, makes for an enjoyable cruise 🙂

What a great attitude!!

I am waiting to fall in love with her in a few weeks!  The wonderful buffet, the amazing decor, the attentive staff, Matt O the cruise director, ..,

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

A great deal of the time we all talk about what we don’t like (It’s normal, we’re human). What do you love (or like) about the Royal Princess? 

I love the Piazza, the awesome buffet, the Retreat Pool area, and the aft seating outside of the buffet. Your turn 😊

I love the Horizon Bistro area.  They always have rotisserie chicken fresh and on the side area some sauteed veggies, etc.  A really nice alternative to the heavier meals.

Also, it is the only ship my cruising buddies and I have found an area for breakfast we love to eat in.  

Originally, we loved the fact that you could go to the dining room on deck 5 from either side, but they changed all that with club class stuff so no longer a love of ours.

The vines area is devine and unlike the Grand, you can get a table window for four people and enjoy the wine.

Royal class ships are my favourite.  Beautifully decorated, classy ships.  I can't think of one thing I don't like!  So much so, we're now booked on Enchanted for 2021.  We were able to book our favourite Royal/Regal cabin L102.  Love having lunch/dinner on that huge balcony.  Now looking at Discovery for 2022!!

On Royal at the moment coming to the end of a 15 day b2b.  First time on a Royal class ship, was a bit concerned having read numerous negative comments, but my experience couldn’t be more positive.

things I like compared to Grand class vessels:

* The buffet is head and shoulders superior.  Lines are rare except at the busiest of times.  Selection is vast and varied.  Taco bar was a lunch staple on these cruises, not sure if this is the norm but it solved the problem of the CRUSH we normally experience on Grand on taco day.

*. The coffee, really quite drinkable, truly.  Not sure what I’ll exchange my mini bar for in the future, totally unnecessary for me to get the coffee card.

*. Lotus spa.  It makes so much sense to put this on deck 5.  The treatment rooms need to be private in any case and putting them on a top deck blocks great views.

*. Medallion, this was our first OM cruise.  Not fully functional (drink orders taken by cabin number) but still a nice upgrade, the location function is fabulous for finding that lost spouse.

*. Total look of the ship is another step up in glitz versus even Ruby.  Nice.

there were a few nits too, but as this thread asks for positive feedback I’ll save those for my review.  I’d book another Royal class ship with no hesitation.

We sailed on the Royal back in April of this year, and I think there's a lot to love about her:

•  I was worried about the lack of a decent Promenade deck, but for our sailing the walking track up top was great. It's completely exposed, so it wouldn't be so great on a rainy cruise.
  •  Very nice buffet. We don't eat in the buffet much, but this buffet is really nice.
  •  Liked the expanded menu in Alfredos. We had some really good calzones.
  •  Loved the cabin! Best we've ever had, M108.
  •  Loved Club Class, but I imagine that's just as nice on any ship.
  •  Hubby in particular loved the on demand movies. Movies on cruises have been a continued source of dissatisfaction with him. They never seemed to start at a convenient time, so the on demand was great.
  •  Internet speed was very good.

For the past few years, our vacations have been on Caribbean Princess and Emerald Princess.  Neither had any novelty acts preforming in the Piazza (jugglers, hand balancers, magicians etc) like they used to.  They might have a pianist perform for a little while, but we pretty much thought that Princess, as a cost cutting measure, had eliminated these extra performers.

To our surprise and delight, on Royal last November, there was a nightly novelty act in the Piazza each evening.  So maybe it is up to each ship.  We enjoy these 20 minute performances and make a habit of swinging by the Piazza when they are on.  There were also some fun "crowd games" where the cruise director would ask trivia questions and a stuffed bear served as a baton to indicate who's turn it was to try and answer the questions.  Get 5 right in a row and you win.  Fun to watch or play.

And my wife was feeling a little sick on Thanksgiving day last year, so she was not up to eating.  So I went to the buffet for Thanksgiving night, and the spread was absolutely fantastic.  Of course there was a turkey carving station, but roast beef, shrimp, ham and a host of other things - so much good food that I couldn't try it all.  It was without a doubt better than any of our MDR meals (and I am not complaining about any of them either).  So yes, the buffet is very good.

We always seemed to stroll through the dessert aisle of the buffet just before the late showing of MUTS and seek out "just one" dessert to take with us to the movie.  Well you know, it's never just one... but good stuff.

Don

We are currently onboard and love most everything. On Demand movies, buffet, Alfredo’s, margarita menu at outrigger’s

very enjoyable. 

The bands were excellent in April (when we were onboard with SeaHag) and are still excellent!

Love the shows on this ship. Showroom is way nicer, too. 

Pic from Encore with guest soprano Barbi.

825C192A-9E01-4B9E-98C1-23D93349B1CC.jpeg

9DB2E521-C1FA-473B-B9C3-CF2048F07925.jpeg

Edited by 4cats4me
  • Thanks 1

I have only been on the Regal, but I get to cruise on the Royal next month. Love the Royal class buffets and I usually hate buffets with a passion. I also love sitting at Bellini’s with a glass of bubbles and just people watch. 🙂

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

What a great attitude!!

I am waiting to fall in love with her in a few weeks!  The wonderful buffet, the amazing decor, the attentive staff, Matt O the cruise director, ..,

I LOVE that ship and Matt O!  There is no other cruise director like Matt O.... that guy is awesome!  And the buffet is so good;  I just kept getting lost. 😂

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, 4cats4me said:

We are currently onboard and love most everything. On Demand movies, buffet, Alfredo’s, margarita menu at outrigger’s

very enjoyable. 

The bands were excellent in April (when we were onboard with SeaHag) and are still excellent!

Love the shows on this ship. Showroom is way nicer, too. 

Pic from Encore with guest soprano Barbi.

825C192A-9E01-4B9E-98C1-23D93349B1CC.jpeg

9DB2E521-C1FA-473B-B9C3-CF2048F07925.jpeg

Was Jeff the Juggler still onboard? We really enjoyed his show.  I was trying to figure out what shows we’re going to be available for our cruise next Saturday.   I was also onboard last week.  I love that ship.  By any chance do you have a list of your MUTS movies?  Enjoy the rest of your cruise!  

20 minutes ago, polmcs said:

I have only been on the Regal, but I get to cruise on the Royal next month. Love the Royal class buffets and I usually hate buffets with a passion. I also love sitting at Bellini’s with a glass of bubbles and just people watch. 🙂

How did I ever forget Bellini’s!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pam in CA said:

I’ve sailed on her five times, including two trans-Atlantics, and have two more booked. 

I love a lot of things about the Royal. Trying to think of a negative. Nope. My mind is blank. 

I can’t wait for my second Royal sailing next Saturday.  I told my friend, Gerri that we will meet at the same area in the buffet each time since I was always lost last week.   Thank you for the suggestion!  Pam,  I really love this ship.   I thought that the Sapphire Princess would always remain my favorite but now I have two favorites.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

I love the Royal!  The buffet is awesome, the forward corner mini-suites are massive with 2 rooms in them and the staff has been great.  What's not to love?!

I also LOVE the Royal!   The only thing I really missed was having an outside promenade deck to walk around on while I listen to audiobooks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jondfk said:

How did I ever forget Bellini’s!

1 hour ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

I love the decor and the aft deck outside Horizon Court provides idyllic views.

The crew's service and friendliness, the Atrium with the entertainment provided, Alfredo's, the Crown Grill, Sabatini's, the entertainment and music in all of lounges and in the Showroom, and the Royal Princess Tea are memorable standouts for me along with other two posts that I have quoted.

Edited by rkacruiser

1 hour ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Was Jeff the Juggler still onboard? We really enjoyed his show.  I was trying to figure out what shows we’re going to be available for our cruise next Saturday.   I was also onboard last week.  I love that ship.  By any chance do you have a list of your MUTS movies?  Enjoy the rest of your cruise!  

No juggler that I know of. 

Took picture OnDemnd. 

Top row MUTS movies.  Many Shown in the day, not night.  Most nights there was a movie late though.

Unfortunately, muts/Princess  has had more of an allegiance tothe NFL this week. Really irritating. ALL DAY last Sunday, Sunday evening,  then Monday night football, Thursday night football, so no early movies. We’ve never experienced that before.  

Screen is pixelated and wasn’t like that in April. 

E166A638-1F6B-4D79-9802-2700E6D09BED.jpeg

EA9D06F5-DDD7-4A52-9897-4D7243484A1E.jpeg

7A70DBB5-C7E5-4A6C-A881-9909E3165A95.jpeg

BC3E9B3C-5CB8-4565-9CB6-6EEA240A448D.jpeg

D579D4A6-302F-47E6-9D42-1B577DF7B7FD.jpeg

Edited by 4cats4me
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 4cats4me said:

No juggler that I know of. 

Took picture OnDemnd. 

Top row MUTS movies.  Many Shown in the day, not night.  

Unfortunately, muts has had more of an allegiance tothe NFL this week. Really irritating. All day last Sunday, Sunday evening,  then Monday night football, Thursday night football, so no early movies. We’ve never experienced that before.  

Screen is pixelated and wasn’t like that in April. 

E166A638-1F6B-4D79-9802-2700E6D09BED.jpeg

EA9D06F5-DDD7-4A52-9897-4D7243484A1E.jpeg

7A70DBB5-C7E5-4A6C-A881-9909E3165A95.jpeg

BC3E9B3C-5CB8-4565-9CB6-6EEA240A448D.jpeg

D579D4A6-302F-47E6-9D42-1B577DF7B7FD.jpeg

Thank so so much!   I hope you say something to Matt O about that.  We love watching MUTS and will be totally bummed if football takes over (sorry football 🏈 fans).   Don’t they have another area where they can show the games?   I wonder what’s going on with the screen?   We had a great time watching the dance contest in the piazza last week.