Plaza Las Americas from Cruise Terminal

Maplemoose

We would like to visit this shopping mall after seeing Old San Juan. I am tying to figure out if there is enough time and affordable transportation. Has anybody done this lately? I have seen on some threads that it may be $40 by taxi  but  have also seen that there may be a bus that goes there from Old San Juan. How much would an uber be I wonder? Any new info would be appreciated. 

Indeed, a taxi ride will cost you $40 round trip for up to 5 people ($20 each way). You have the alternative of using Uber but due to the varying nature of Uber ride costs, you would need to check the app at the time you're requesting the ride or try searching Google for "Uber Estimate" and try to estimate your cost. The ride to the mall should be 20-25 minutes give or take. Be aware that the mall sits in the middle of where PR's two major highways bisect so depending on the time of day, you might run into some traffic. Returning after 4:30pm might take you anywhere from 30-40 minutes. Depending on your port schedule you should be OK if taking this into consideration when planing your time at the mall. The bus system is too unreliable to use for a trip to the mall during a port stop.

Can I piggy back on this post.  Not sure if this is a crazy idea but How about trying to get to The Outlets Montehiedra?

We will be doing B2B cruises and we both have shops in both the Plaza and The Outlet we would like to try to get to. We were thinking of trying to go to one from our hotel before getting on our first cruise maybe The Outlets seeing as we will probably be up early due to the jet lag 😆 Then go to The Plaza at the start of the next cruise?

how long or much does it take/cost to get to The Outlet ? we may or may not have access to the internet so we not be able to get an Uber.

On 10/13/2019 at 8:23 AM, Savage2017 said:

Can I piggy back on this post.  Not sure if this is a crazy idea but How about trying to get to The Outlets Montehiedra?

We will be doing B2B cruises and we both have shops in both the Plaza and The Outlet we would like to try to get to. We were thinking of trying to go to one from our hotel before getting on our first cruise maybe The Outlets seeing as we will probably be up early due to the jet lag 😆 Then go to The Plaza at the start of the next cruise?

how long or much does it take/cost to get to The Outlet ? we may or may not have access to the internet so we not be able to get an Uber.

If you're from the US, Tmobile, Sprint, AT&T all have native coverage in PR. Verizon also had trough the Claro network (free roaming) so if you're with any of those companies you should be fine for internet. As far a going to the Montehiedra outlets, I think it would be more cost effective to rent a car for the day than to taxi or Uber from the hotel districts to that mall. It would also be a better way to maybe visit both on the same day. Check for opening times if you plan to go on a Sunday, since Sunday opening hours are usually a bit later in the morning that the regular 9am time.