Holiday inn sydney

Looking to stay for 4 nights.  It says breakfast included but is it just cold buffet or is it a buffet spread with lots of choices and egg white omelette

At US the holiday inns serve premade eggs

Also is this better than the intercontinental hotel?

Thanks for the assistance

2 hours ago, floridababa said:

Looking to stay for 4 nights.  It says breakfast included but is it just cold buffet or is it a buffet spread with lots of choices and egg white omelette

The intercontinental will have some lovely harbour views from your room but it has a hill you have to walk up.

Holiday inn is a low rise but is right in the middle of the tourist area.

Four seasons has the best of everything.

Edited by Chiliburn

I stay there prior to most cruises, seldom have breakfast, but last time I did there were hot choices as well, I know I had scrambled eggs and bacon. Never had cause to ask for an egg white omelette, but I suspect they could whip you up one but can’t guarantee it. 

2 hours ago, floridababa said:

You could also consider staying in the Darling Harbour area which is close to the central city area and has excellent transport options on your doorstep to access the light rail and metro network.

I can highly recommend the Novotel Sydney on Darling Harbour.

A few months ago our family did a cruise from Sydney, some stayed at the Holiday inn and some at the Novotel.  In terms of breakfast options, facilities, room quality etc the Novotel was miles ahead.

3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

The intercontinental will have some lovely harbour views from your room but it has a hill you have to walk up.

Holiday inn is a low rise but is right in the middle of the tourist area.

Four seasons has the best of everything.

Four seasons is also more expensive 😀

1 hour ago, floridababa said:

Four seasons is also more expensive 😀

Like the old saying.

Intercontinental and holiday inn have both got things going for them.

if you want that view from your room to talk about for years (intercontinental)or you want to step out the door in the heart of everything cafes,bars,entertainment  (holiday inn).

Four seasons has both,how much more?

If it breakfast your concerned about,Holiday inn old Sydney because there’s multiple cafes an pastry shops nearby.

We stayed in the rocks and early in the morning we went to a pastry shop and got some coffee and bits and pieces and sat on the wharf and watched the ship for breakfast.

Edited by Chiliburn

I was looking at Holiday Inn, Sydney, today, rooms starting at $420 plus b/fast at $40 @$@l!n@a bit OTT.  Last May pre Noordam we stayed at Sydney Harbour Marriott, got a travel industry deal for $300, but ate brekkie at City Extra at the Quay. Marriott wanted $45 pp for b/fast and I don't eat most of it.  Brekkie at City Extra is fine for $15.  In Feb, pre Majestic Princess we are at Holiday Inn KX, harbour view room with b/fast, pay in advance - no refunds for $200 a room, not bad.

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

I was looking at Holiday Inn, Sydney, today, rooms starting at $420 plus b/fast at $40 @$@l!n@a bit OTT.  Last May pre Noordam we stayed at Sydney Harbour Marriott, got a travel industry deal for $300, but ate brekkie at City Extra at the Quay. Marriott wanted $45 pp for b/fast and I don't eat most of it.  Brekkie at City Extra is fine for $15.  In Feb, pre Majestic Princess we are at Holiday Inn KX, harbour view room with b/fast, pay in advance - no refunds for $200 a room, not bad.

Holiday Inn the Rocks has massive price swings I think when I was stalking it for December it ranged from just under $300 to over $400 without breakfast, which y can bu on check in, I think it $25 or $20 if you booked the night before, I guess they think the $5 is worth it to them so they can pre plan.

i think it was last year we met some folk at Guiliane’s chocolate place for a cuppa etc and their breakfast looked OK on he menu, so we may give that a go.

2 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Holiday Inn the Rocks has massive price swings I think when I was stalking it for December it ranged from just under $300 to over $400 without breakfast, which y can bu on check in, I think it $25 or $20 if you booked the night before, I guess they think the $5 is worth it to them so they can pre plan.

i think it was last year we met some folk at Guiliane’s chocolate place for a cuppa etc and their breakfast looked OK on he menu, so we may give that a go.

I prefer to stay at hotels closer to the $150-$200 mark in the CBD but away from the CQ/Rocks areas.

13 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Unless you have to be at CQ for every day, being close to any station (rail or light rail) in the CBD is most likely cheaper and just as good. We often stay around Central, Wynyard, St James or Town Hall for cheaper options.

Good advice especially if you are staying for a few days.

If staying right near Central there are lots of transport options and only a few minutes to the CBD or Darling Harbour and you can have a decent dinner for under $20 AUD a person. Great option if you are on a budget.

On 10/13/2019 at 5:14 AM, floridababa said:

The Holiday Inn in Darling Harbour is a lovely centrally locate place to stay.   However, for my money I prefer the Amora on Jamison - https://www.amorahotels.com/hotels/amora-hotel-jamison-sydney .  This is where we stay when visiting NSW pre-cruise, easy distance to the Quay and lovely hotel. 

With regard to the breakfast query, unless it specifically says that it is a continental buffet you should be confident that there will be the usual range of calories and cholesterol - bacon / sausages / hash brown / mushrooms / eggs / tomatoes / pastries / toast / cereal / yoghurt / fruit etc etc etc.   Many places will also offer to make eggs to your specific request and I'm sure that an egg white omelette should not be too difficult but if it is, maybe one day without eggs wouldn't be the end of the world.  

IF you want to stay in The Rocks for a reasonable price - look at the YHA The Rocks - ensuite private double is about $200 - best view in Sydney particularly if there is a cruise ship in port. You just walk down the stairs  through the rocks to board. 

4 hours ago, Bubbeh said:

With regard to the breakfast query, unless it specifically says that it is a continental buffet you should be confident that there will be the usual range of calories and cholesterol - bacon / sausages / hash brown / mushrooms / eggs / tomatoes / pastries / toast / cereal / yoghurt / fruit etc etc etc.   Many places will also offer to make eggs to your specific request and I'm sure that an egg white omelette should not be too difficult but if it is, maybe one day without eggs wouldn't be the end of the world.  

Sorry to disagree with you Bubbeh, a continental breakfast is a light meal and doesn't usually include hot dishes other than perhaps porridge. It will be cereals, toast and pastries. A full buffet breakfast will have all the continental breakfast items plus hot dishes. 

Leigh

4 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Sorry to disagree with you Bubbeh, a continental breakfast is a light meal and doesn't usually include hot dishes other than perhaps porridge. It will be cereals, toast and pastries. A full buffet breakfast will have all the continental breakfast items plus hot dishes. 

Leigh

I think Bubbah is saying that unless it states Continental breakfast you will get a full breakfast with all those things listed, well that is how I read it.

1 minute ago, GUT2407 said:

I think Bubbah is saying that unless it states Continental breakfast you will get a full breakfast with all those things listed, well that is how I read it.

Yes you are correct Mr GUT. I owe Bubbeh an apology! I should read posts correctly.

Leigh

8 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Leigh

Sorry Bubbeh,  I misread your post. Mr GUT pointed out my mistake.  A senior moment, I can't say a blonde moment anymore....😀

Leigh

11 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Yes you are correct Mr GUT. I owe Bubbeh an apology! I should read posts correctly.

Leigh

Happens to me all the time, but I blame it on Brain Fog and these stupid mini strokes that cause blurred vision to be added to the mix.

26 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Happens to me all the time, but I blame it on Brain Fog and these stupid mini strokes that cause blurred vision to be added to the mix.

You have a much better reason than I do Mr GUT.