Sorry another what to do in St Lucia question!

Savage2017

I know this question is asked a lot, so apologies. This will be our third time to St Lucia, first time we did a full day tour by land and sea which included the mud baths and Pitons. Second time we went to Marigot Bay which to be honest we didn’t enjoy. For some reason we have yet to fall in love with St Lucia and we both love the Carribean. We will be visiting in November and are not sure what to do, we will we stay onboard the ship or what? We do find when you get off the ship trying to decide what to do is tough when you have many locals shouting at you to take their tours, it’s off putting so we’d love to have an idea of ANYTHING to do.

Any recommendations for just the morning/half day would be greatly appreciated, please 😎

19 minutes ago, Savage2017 said:

I know this question is asked a lot, so apologies. This will be our third time to St Lucia, first time we did a full day tour by land and sea which included the mud baths and Pitons. Second time we went to Marigot Bay which to be honest we didn’t enjoy. For some reason we have yet to fall in love with St Lucia and we both love the Carribean. We will be visiting in November and are not sure what to do, we will we stay onboard the ship or what? We do find when you get off the ship trying to decide what to do is tough when you have many locals shouting at you to take their tours, it’s off putting so we’d love to have an idea of ANYTHING to do.

Any recommendations for just the morning/half day would be greatly appreciated, please 😎

Head to Pigeon Island and take in the beautiful scenery, beach, ruins, hikes, and great restaurants and bars. 30-35 minutes from port, $35 one way cab ride, $8 entrance fee (national park). Some tour operators offer it as a tour also, can work out less expensive. Viator or Serenity TVL come to mind, like Shoretrips and SboreExcursioneers... History, scenery, hiking, beach and snorkeling if you want .

Take the Beach Break straight down to Jalousie Beach between the Pitons for 4-5 hours beach time, lunch, drinks. See other posts for tour company. Very poor cruise tour company offers this..

Try something different and go to LaTille Falls. It's on the East coast The operator is an absolutely fascinating Rasta man, former college professor, built up his entire place himself. Gorgeous cold water falls, rope swing, natural fish spa, organic medicine garden...

Try some adventure touring, and head to Rainforest Adventures for zip line and aerial tram ride through the rainforest.. or take the buggy tour, drive your own dune buggy around the island to sights south of Soufriere.. 

Try horseback riding to Cas En Bas beach up north.  

Segway tour around the hills surrounding Rodney Bay.

Wall over to Vigie Beach for a truly local beach Experience with the small boardwalk with local eats and drinks, etc. 

Try a different adventure down to Treetop Adventures and zip line and waterfall hike and swim.

Mountain Bike at Anse Chastenet.

Try the Tet Paul trail and Plantation your at Morne Coubaril

Hike the Piton

Tell your driver to take you to Laborie, a small non-touristy fishing village on the other end of the island. Enjoy unspoilt beach, local food and drinks.

Head to Calabash Cove and do a hotel visit, swim, lunch. Sublime delectable experience, amazing views and divine food, adults only.

Try the Splash Park at Bay Gardens on Reduit Beach for some fun in the sea and fun.

Do an around the island drive and have driver stop at his favorite local spots

Kite surf.

Wind surf

Diving

Snorkel tour 

And so on.. surely something will appeal!

Enjoy. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, cruiseapril said:

We did a ship's tour in St. Lucia- and are glad we did due to the driving on curvy roads!

Curious what made it any different to be in a ship's tour versus independently tour with regards to the roads? The drivers and vehicles on ship's tours are still all locals.  And the roads are the same.  

On 10/15/2019 at 11:06 AM, reedprincess said:

Curious what made it any different to be in a ship's tour versus independently tour with regards to the roads? The drivers and vehicles on ship's tours are still all locals.  And the roads are the same.  

Love this post.......great question!!

Probably the fact that if anything happens on those roads, the ship will "take care of you". 

I second pigeon island. I had a nice time there back in April. This January, my husband and I are hiking the pitons or the easier piton. I'll write a review how it went when I get back.

You and your husband can hike to the top of Gros Piton the big one. I had it set-up with Spencer but ended up doing his Beach Break tour instead for an array of reasons mostly I'm to old for that nonsense.

Hung out on Jalousie swam, drank, laid out and chilled with Spencer all day it was a wonderful, came back through Marigot Bay on the way back. Great day. 

On 10/22/2019 at 10:02 AM, TTEllis said:

You and your husband can hike to the top of Gros Piton the big one. I had it set-up with Spencer but ended up doing his Beach Break tour instead for an array of reasons mostly I'm to old for that nonsense.

Hung out on Jalousie swam, drank, laid out and chilled with Spencer all day it was a wonderful, came back through Marigot Bay on the way back. Great day. 

I always think 1/2 way up im too old!! But I have to keep up with the husband!

I've seen pictures of the hike up Gros Piton, other than a few rough spots it doesn't look REAL😳 bad!!😄

Spencer recommends wearing an old pair of sneakers, because it's a muddy hike.

In my case, the last thing I need is to blow out a knee or ankle(on my vacation) and taken back to the ship on a stretcher. 🥴

Plus if I fall and break my ass what are they going to do carry me down the hillside? 

I'm almost positive if you do this hike with a tour group you have to sign a waiver, a couple of them.

With that being said, YOU CAN DO IT!!!😉

Please don't let me discourage you, reaching the summit of Gros Piton is completely doable on a cruise vacation.

VERY unlike Mt. Pelee on Martinique which is a full blown nightmare cruise vacation or not.

Have a great time looking forward to pictures of the South Atlantic from the top of Gros Piton. 

Take care Todd

• 1 month later...
On 10/12/2019 at 6:19 PM, Savage2017 said:

Second time we went to Marigot Bay which to be honest we didn’t enjoy. 

😎

We were contemplating Marigot Bay so I'm curious what you didn't like about. Thanks

We visited St Lucia again (third time) this year and did Cosol tour again. It is amazing and worth every penny. Scenery, beautiful snorkeling at Jalousie/Sugar beach, Mud baths, waterfalls great food and drinks all the way. I would do it for the 4 and 5 times. ))))

During our second visit we went up north to Reduit beach which was very nice, beautiful and civilized .

St Lucia is so beautiful I would never stay on board!

20-30 minute walk or$10 5-7 minute cab ride. 

For $7pp we got to Reduit beach (part of Rodney bay)! Extremely nice beach. The only downside was we had to wait for taxi to bring us there.

• 1 month later...
On 12/8/2019 at 11:58 AM, Tatka said:

We visited St Lucia again (third time) this year and did Cosol tour again. It is amazing and worth every penny. Scenery, beautiful snorkeling at Jalousie/Sugar beach, Mud baths, waterfalls great food and drinks all the way. I would do it for the 4 and 5 times. ))))

During our second visit we went up north to Reduit beach which was very nice, beautiful and civilized .

St Lucia is so beautiful I would never stay on board!

I looked this up, did you do all of this in the 6 hours and was it the $80 per person they show online? Also how big was the group?

4 minutes ago, Becca2581 said:

I looked this up, did you do all of this in the 6 hours and was it the $80 per person they show online? Also how big was the group?

https://www.cosol-tours.com/tours.html

Depending on how many people sign up for particular date they have more or less vans. Each van has own guide. We have 3 for the first time and two vans for this one. I don't know 8-12 people in each.

It was cheaper 10 years ago. $65 and $75 last year. To me at $80 it is worth every penny with everything provided and shown.

2 minutes ago, Tatka said:

https://www.cosol-tours.com/tours.html

Depending on how many people sign up for particular date they have more or less vans. Each van has own guide. We have 3 for the first time and two vans for this one. I don't know 8-12 people in each.

It was cheaper 10 years ago. $65 and $75 last year. To me at $80 it is worth every penny with everything provided and shown.

It sounds absolutely amazing and much cheaper compared to the others that offer almost the same thing. So I am assuming there is ample time at most stops to do things. Do you do the mud bath and rinse off in the waterfall? 

We snorkeled or swam at the best beach on the island for an hour. Between Pitons

56268559_10219216518108875_7832089257593

56315677_10219216522228978_4988750019206

56375723_10219216524069024_2132094101573

56879336_10219216520108925_1698004449911

I always bring mask. I don't remember if you can rent it there. Snorkeling is AMAZING there! I spent whole time under the water

5 minutes ago, Becca2581 said:

It sounds absolutely amazing and much cheaper compared to the others that offer almost the same thing. So I am assuming there is ample time at most stops to do things. Do you do the mud bath and rinse off in the waterfall? 

We do not do shopping although there were stands, but it was more like 7 hours and we had enough time for all activities!

You don't need to pay beforehand. Only at the end of the tour. Another nice feature.. many people give some extras they love it so much. 🙂 Not necessary of course.

We always research this part of Cruise critic and use nice recommended tours. This was one of the best.

Since I posted this we had another amazing tour in nearby Dominica.

31 minutes ago, Tatka said:

We do not do shopping although there were stands, but it was more like 7 hours and we had enough time for all activities!

You don't need to pay beforehand. Only at the end of the tour. Another nice feature.. many people give some extras they love it so much. 🙂 Not necessary of course.

We always research this part of Cruise critic and use nice recommended tours. This was one of the best.

Since I posted this we had another amazing tour in nearby Dominica.

Your pictures are absolutely wonderful and we will definitely be booking this for our cruise in March. Thank you so much for your wonderful information. 

• Like 1