Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
MsSoCalCruiser

Odd Question

Recommended Posts

 Does anyone know if it is OK to use Poopourri while on the ship?   I’m not saying that I need it; I’m just saying that I wouldn’t want someone else to do something that would harm the ship 😂😂😂

Thank you for your replies... I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poopourri is used by many I believe. You can make your own cheaper though by purchasing essential oils and adding a bit of glycerine. Multiple recipes available via Google.

Edited by Thrak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Poopourri is used by many I believe. You can make your own cheaper though by purchasing essential oils and adding a bit of glycerine. Multiple recipes available via Google.

Thank you.  Costco is having a sale.   Just didn’t know if it would hurt the plumbing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Thank you.  Costco is having a sale.   Just didn’t know if it would hurt the plumbing. 

Don't know if it will hurt the plumbing or not, but on one of our Princess cruises, the cruise director made the announcement one night "Except for the provided toilet paper, only things that you've eaten and drunk are to be placed in the toilet."

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Thank you.  Costco is having a sale.   Just didn’t know if it would hurt the plumbing. 

Thats funny.  

I just put this in my packing area today. 

It is only a spray/aerosol so has no effect on plumbing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

Don't know if it will hurt the plumbing or not, but on one of our Princess cruises, the cruise director made the announcement one night "Except for the provided toilet paper, only things that you've eaten and drunk are to be placed in the toilet."

 

 

It is an air freshener type spray........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Thank you.  Costco is having a sale.   Just didn’t know if it would hurt the plumbing. 

 

Costco.com shows $5 off on a three pack but doesn't give an initial price. $5 off of what price?  I found an old Costco add that had the three pack for $19.99. Normally it's about $12 a bottle so 3 for $20 is a good deal but the current offer is... what? We were at Costco yesterday and had no idea there was a sale on this stuff. I've never used it but know others who have and they swear by its effectiveness.

 

Poo-pourri is a product with essential oils. You spritz it on the water in the bowl and it traps the odor. Works well. The woman who invented it is the 77th richest woman in the US with $240 million. The light essential oils can not possibly damage the plumbing or the ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Thats funny.  

I just put this in my packing area today. 

It is only a spray/aerosol so has no effect on plumbing.

Thank you, I picked some up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Thrak said:

 

Costco.com shows $5 off on a three pack but doesn't give an initial price. $5 off of what price?  I found an old Costco add that had the three pack for $19.99. Normally it's about $12 a bottle so 3 for $20 is a good deal but the current offer is... what? We were at Costco yesterday and had no idea there was a sale on this stuff. I've never used it but know others who have and they swear by its effectiveness.

 

Poo-pourri is a product with essential oils. You spritz it on the water in the bowl and it traps the odor. Works well. The woman who invented it is the 77th richest woman in the US with $240 million. The light essential oils can not possibly damage the plumbing or the ship.

Thrak, my Costco receipt lists the original price as  $24.99. There are two spray bottles that are 3.4 ounces and one refill bottle that is 9 ounces.   I wish I would’ve thought of this product. What a way to make millions!   Happy to hear that it won’t hurt the ships plumbing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thrak said:

 

Costco.com shows $5 off on a three pack but doesn't give an initial price. $5 off of what price?  I found an old Costco add that had the three pack for $19.99. Normally it's about $12 a bottle so 3 for $20 is a good deal but the current offer is... what? We were at Costco yesterday and had no idea there was a sale on this stuff. I've never used it but know others who have and they swear by its effectiveness.

 

Poo-pourri is a product with essential oils. You spritz it on the water in the bowl and it traps the odor. Works well. The woman who invented it is the 77th richest woman in the US with $240 million. The light essential oils can not possibly damage the plumbing or the ship.

It was in todays Costco email.

 

 

74B69123-379A-43BC-9D34-CCEFF319AD4F_4_5005_c.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

It was in todays Costco email.

 

 

74B69123-379A-43BC-9D34-CCEFF319AD4F_4_5005_c.jpeg

I purchased the Citrus scent 😊

 Thank you for letting me know that I would not damage the ships plumbing...  I mean my friend won’t damage the ships plumbing 😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

 Does anyone know if it is OK to use Poopourri while on the ship?   I’m not saying that I need it; I’m just saying that I wouldn’t want someone else to do something that would harm the ship 😂😂😂

Thank you for your replies... I think.

 

Please tell me it isnt really spelled Pooppourri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve  brought this product on every cruise (in addition to having it in my downstairs guest bathroom!) and land tour.  It works great!  I also placed it in the bathroom on girls only cruises as well....  just saying!  

 

i found a knock off product at the Dollar Tree ($1!!!).  Hubby used it on a recent trip and it worked well.  Much, much cheaper than the name brand stuff!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

 Does anyone know if it is OK to use Poopourri while on the ship?   I’m not saying that I need it; I’m just saying that I wouldn’t want someone else to do something that would harm the ship 😂😂😂

Thank you for your replies... I think.

As long as the smell is confined to your cabin, possibly. I'm extremely allergic to any of that stuff(the detergent aisle drives me nuts)I would consult Princess. Why risk causing other Pax possible problems. Actually, after reading some of the replies, it's for keeping the bowl "fresh". I thought you meant the scented twigs/leaves & such. I don't think it would cause issues at all. As for the alternate???? LOL!

Edited by keithm
additions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

Don't know if it will hurt the plumbing or not, but on one of our Princess cruises, the cruise director made the announcement one night "Except for the provided toilet paper, only things that you've eaten and drunk are to be placed in the toilet."

 

 

Boy, talk about blunt! The CD certainly didn't mince words.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, keithm said:

Boy, talk about blunt! The CD certainly didn't mince words.

And yet, every single cruise I have been on there is someone who puts things in the commode they shouldn't and the pipes/plumbing system of the ship gets jacked up!  Go figure 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stoneharborlady said:

 

Please tell me it isnt really spelled Pooppourri

Yes see post #13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, keithm said:

Boy, talk about blunt! The CD certainly didn't mince words.

Well, there had been several issues with plugged plumbing onboard by the time the announcement was made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, keithm said:

As long as the smell is confined to your cabin, possibly. I'm extremely allergic to any of that stuff(the detergent aisle drives me nuts)I would consult Princess. Why risk causing other Pax possible problems. Actually, after reading some of the replies, it's for keeping the bowl "fresh". I thought you meant the scented twigs/leaves & such. I don't think it would cause issues at all. As for the alternate???? LOL!

If you’re hanging out in my stateroom bathroom then we definitely have a problem.... lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...