Price match

CarolinaQC

Hi! I know this question has already been posted here but I didn't quite understood what I could do.
I've booked the MSC Meraviglia leaving from Miami december 8th 2019. I've booked in March (in Europe, I've understood that might be important), but now I've noticed a price drop...
Is it possible to to make my price drop or at least get some kind of upgrade/onboard credit?
I'm new to cruising, have no ideia how it works, sorry if it is a stupid question.
Thank you very much 

2 hours ago, CarolinaQC said:

Hi! I know this question has already been posted here but I didn't quite understood what I could do.
I've booked the MSC Meraviglia leaving from Miami december 8th 2019. I've booked in March (in Europe, I've understood that might be important), but now I've noticed a price drop...
Is it possible to to make my price drop or at least get some kind of upgrade/onboard credit?
I'm new to cruising, have no ideia how it works, sorry if it is a stupid question.
Thank you very much 

If you are in UK the price we book at is what we pay. Once you have booked don’t check the price again...

2 hours ago, nikkiw60 said:

If you are in UK the price we book at is what we pay. Once you have booked don’t check the price again...

Portugal, but it's probably the same policy...
Thank you very much. It was a long shot but had to ask! 😄

6 hours ago, CarolinaQC said:

Thank you very much 

Even if booked in the US you would not be able to get a price drop without cancelling.  You are within the 90 day final payment date.  

• Thanks 1

It's a simple calculation of the loss of deposit over the price drop, our deposit was £50 a person, any price drop over this could make a rebooking worthwhile.

Just noticed the December date, I guess you are past final payment so nothing to do.

Edited by ziggyuk

Good to know that we can not benefit from price drop. I have noticed, however, at least on the cruises we have booked with MSC, that there was never a price drop. We are fine with that. I think MSC puts prices according to some criteria and those prices more or less remain stable. With other cruise lines (Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Azamara) many times they put very expensive/unrealistic  prices and once they can not sell the itineraries start dropping extremely or give it to consolidators. 

22 hours ago, travelberlin said:

Good to know that we can not benefit from price drop. I have noticed, however, at least on the cruises we have booked with MSC, that there was never a price drop. We are fine with that. I think MSC puts prices according to some criteria and those prices more or less remain stable. With other cruise lines (Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Azamara) many times they put very expensive/unrealistic  prices and once they can not sell the itineraries start dropping extremely or give it to consolidators. 

Thank you very much, that is really good to know for future cruises!