Onboard Wifi

crash3x

I have the internet package with my room selection.   Will I be able to stream Netfilx or Prime Video?    After a day in the sun I like to relax and watch a movie but I have usually seen all that is offered onboard.

It also depends on how many other people are on at the same time as you are, and where you are in the world in relation to the satellites.  In the fjords of Norway, probably not.  In most of the Caribbean, probably, but near Barbados there's often problems with the connections.  

• Like 1

I don't do streaming, but on our recent trip on the Summit, I was constantly being disconnected while doing simple browsing/email, etc. - at least every 10-15 minutes or so.   It was easy to log back in, but still annoying.   This was not in any particular location, but the whole trip (Bayonne>Quebec>Bayonne).   

I had the same happen on Equinox. The surf package was very slow. iMessage/text message  stopped working several times.  Went to the iLounge and they logged phone into their account to get better signal from server. Then it would work for awhile. 

WiFi speed really varies ship by ship, sailing by sailing, time of day, and location on the ship vis a vis where they locate the WiFi boosters (or whatever they’re called). We have rarely had internet so good you could stream without constant buffering. I recommend you download some shows or movies  to bring with you.  You may get lucky,but it can’t be counted on.

19 hours ago, Kartgv said:

I don't do streaming, but on our recent trip on the Summit, I was constantly being disconnected while doing simple browsing/email, etc. - at least every 10-15 minutes or so.   It was easy to log back in, but still annoying.   This was not in any particular location, but the whole trip (Bayonne>Quebec>Bayonne).   

That is disappointing since Summit was just recently renovated.  

We just got back from a 10 night on the Equinox in a Sky Suite.  Worst, most useless internet we have ever experienced.  We both had the unlimited internet as a "perk" and could not text message each other or use our phones in the cabin at all to access the internet.  We had to go to either the coffee bar or the pool deck to check emails or text anyone.  Good luck!  

I was able to stream Downton Abbey from Prime on our Reflection cruise in March, during the late evening. That was a southern Caribbean cruise.  On the evening that we were approaching Bonaire, there was too much buffering to enjoy watching. We had the one device unlimited wi-fi.