EDGE Roof Top Garden Glass Wind Break Panels

suzyluvs2cruise

We're just off the Sept 30 sailing. Here are some pics of the glass panels around the Roof Top Garden that have been put in to help with the wind. When we were up there it wasn't too windy so I'm not sure how they help when it is windy. 

20191009_151822.jpg

20191009_151722.jpg

20191009_151750.jpg

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
  • Thanks 1

That should help a lot and they look nice too.  But this was one of those things that should have been easily anticipated at the design stage.  Just like the wind on the Magic Carpet too.  Common sense is lacking sometimes,

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

That should help a lot and they look nice too.  But this was one of those things that should have been easily anticipated at the design stage.  Just like the wind on the Magic Carpet too.  Common sense is lacking sometimes,

I hope they help. There were several things that should have been anticipated in design and weren't. Like the chairs in Eden and on the Magic Carpet. They're so low and hard to get in/out of. 

Suzy....

Thanks for posting.

Hope it is an improvement.

We will be back on EDGE Nov 15th...looks like we'll give the RTG a try for lunch..  hope the panels block the wind up there &  perhaps they have added some shade too!

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks for posting.    Will be interesting to see how they work.   We board next Monday so excited to keep hearing of the changes.

Hope you have a great cruise and will have time to post!  Enjoy following your live reviews!

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Suzy....

Thanks for posting.

Hope it is an improvement.

We will be back on EDGE Nov 15th...looks like we'll give the RTG a try for lunch..  hope the panels block the wind up there &  perhaps they have added some shade too!

The only shade I saw was over the Rooftop Grill. Enjoy your upcoming cruise! We loved EDGE

20 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

I hope they help. There were several things that should have been anticipated in design and weren't. Like the chairs in Eden and on the Magic Carpet. They're so low and hard to get in/out of. 

Yes I do understand about the chairs and it is a common complaint.  But they were an interior design buying choice and perhaps the wrong one according to many here.  But the wind on a cruise ship is a given with 100% certainty and it was an engineering design blunder to not anticipate this.